Sponsored by:

1lt, 2lt, 3lt???

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 09:21 AM
Midiwiz
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default 1lt, 2lt, 3lt???

so what is the real difference between all these - typically I see the 1LT as the base "get them in a vette" lowball car from the dealer.... on my other post a lot of comments made that 2LT ranks over a C6 3LT.....

so what are the differences before I go crazy with what is out there for sale. I'm down to a 14 or 15 convertible..... Z51 and ?LT it will be more difficult finding the color combo.....
Old 07-22-2017, 10:05 AM
HoustonMidtown
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

This Corvette configurator page on Chevrolet.com gives you a comparison of the various trim levels - the 2018 versions are similar to what the packages contained in 2014/2015 - at least close enough to give you a good idea

http://www.chevrolet.com/byo-vc/clie...leThree=391051

Last edited by HoustonMidtown; 07-22-2017 at 10:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Midiwiz (07-22-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 10:58 AM
Midiwiz
Instructor

Originally Posted by HoustonMidtown
This Corvette configurator page on Chevrolet.com gives you a comparison of the various trim levels - the 2018 versions are similar to what the packages contained in 2014/2015 - at least close enough to give you a good idea

http://www.chevrolet.com/byo-vc/clie...leThree=391051
oh duh I didn't even think of that LOL..... just did..... not much other than Nav and some options I really don't care about. that's all I could see.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:31 AM
SilverGhost
Drifting

Received 886 Likes on 476 Posts

you might have missed this comment, 1 lt does not have ventilated seats. 2lt and 3lt do. So, in Florida, having a seat that is fan-forced ventilated might be more comfortable than a sweaty back and bottom. nobody has talked about the rocking chair c6 seats being carried over to the c7, so i guess i'll have to do my rocking at Cracker Barrel.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...ements-feature

also, the absolute best review of the 14 c7 is the Edmunds long term review at edmunds.com many, many articles as they drove the 14 c7 over 27k miles in less than a year. its hard to find all the articles in sequential order, but worth the effort.

https://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/co...-with-ptm.html

lastly, when the only thing you can do for hours at a time is feel the expansion joints on the straight as an arrow florida highways; the magnetic ride suspension may change your perception of the vette, (especially the Z51 variation), from a jack hammer to your spine, to floating on a cloud, simply by choosing the "tour" setting of the magnetic ride shocks.

Good hunting!
Old 07-22-2017, 11:47 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,619 Likes on 6,625 Posts

It's up to what is important to you but I would not buy anything but a 2LT or 3LT for:
1) HUD, keeps eyes on the road
2) Memory seats, tilt wheel, make it easier to get in and out. Have my exit set to max height front and rear and wheel fully up, seat fully back
3) Bose subwoofer. Missed that in C6 3LT and it's needed IMO to drown out the tire/road noise! Hard to add with Bose that has separate amps for each speaker.
4) Heated vented seats

Other nice to have are remote garage door (etc) buttons, dimming mirrors center and drivers door,

Last edited by JerryU; 07-22-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:58 AM
Midiwiz
Instructor

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
you might have missed this comment, 1 lt does not have ventilated seats. 2lt and 3lt do. So, in Florida, having a seat that is fan-forced ventilated might be more comfortable than a sweaty back and bottom. nobody has talked about the rocking chair c6 seats being carried over to the c7, so i guess i'll have to do my rocking at Cracker Barrel.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...ements-feature

also, the absolute best review of the 14 c7 is the Edmunds long term review at edmunds.com many, many articles as they drove the 14 c7 over 27k miles in less than a year. its hard to find all the articles in sequential order, but worth the effort.

https://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/co...-with-ptm.html

lastly, when the only thing you can do for hours at a time is feel the expansion joints on the straight as an arrow florida highways; the magnetic ride suspension may change your perception of the vette, (especially the Z51 variation), from a jack hammer to your spine, to floating on a cloud, simply by choosing the "tour" setting of the magnetic ride shocks.

Good hunting!

I like my rocking chair LOL.... as for the jack hammer, I don't feel it at all. So I do like the z51 for sure. I'll take a look at those 2 links thanks
Old 07-22-2017, 12:01 PM
Midiwiz
Instructor

Originally Posted by JerryU
It's up to what is important to you but I would not buy anything but a 2LT or 3LT for:
1) HUD, keeps eyes on the road
2) Memory seats, tilt wheel, make it easier to get in and out. Have my exit set to max height front and rear and wheel fully up, seat fully back
3) Bose subwoofer. Missed that in C6 3LT and it's needed IMO to drown out the tire/road noise! Hard to add with Bose that has separate amps for each speaker.
4) Heated vented seats

Other nice to have are remote garage door (etc) buttons, dimming mirrors center and drivers door,
yeah after looking at the site I was really after 2 and 3 LT since it was obvious 1LT was not even to be considered.

The reality is as long as it matches or beats my C6 3LT then I'm fine.... you missed one other benefit (I think) since you mentioned the radio.... more XM presets!

if anything drives me nuts about my C6 it's the lack of presets and I also don't have BT etc. I really don't have road noise....since I got rid of those crappy Goodyears.......
Old 07-22-2017, 12:20 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,619 Likes on 6,625 Posts

^^^
My 2014 Z51 and 2017 Grand Sport have more road noise than my C6 Z51 with Goodyears or the Firestones I replaced them with!

I don't need presets or XM for that matter. Did not even set it up for my new Grand Sport.

I have a flush mount thumb drive with over 1000 songs that pays automatically in shuffle mode as soon as I start the car. It's seldom off! I don't have to listen to songs I don't like, back side of oldies hits etc. If I don't want to hear a particular song that day, just pull the upper level on the left of the steering wheel. If I want to hear Meatloaf sing a song again the lower left lever!

If I want to hear Josh Stone, I just use voice commands and ask to hear it! Works for me.

Last edited by JerryU; 07-22-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:27 PM
Midiwiz
Instructor

Originally Posted by JerryU
^^^
My 2014 Z51 and 2017 Grand Sport have more road noise than my C6 Z51 with Goodyears or the Firestones I replaced them with!

I don't need presets or XM for that matter. Did not even set it up for my new Grand Sport.

I have a flush mount thumb drive with over 1000 songs that pays automatically in shuffle mode as soon as I start the car. It's seldom off! I don't have to listen to songs I don't like, back side of oldies hits etc. If I don't want to hear a particular song that day, just pull the upper level on the left of the steering wheel. If I want to hear Meatloaf sing a song again the lower left lever!

If I want to hear Josh Stone, I just use voice commands and ask to hear it! Works for me.

the other reason I want to move up in years.... I have the CD changer in the trunk but that's just not cutting it, so XM....

on the tires, once I went to Michelin the click went away. It wasn't all that bad with the goodyears..... but I like the Michelin ride way better....

I drive 4Runners a lot so those road things doing even register...just like straight pipes.... lots of guys would say drone, noise, etc... I say music to my ears LOL

Get notified of new replies

To 1lt, 2lt, 3lt???

Quick Reply: 1lt, 2lt, 3lt???