Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New key FOB and auto seat recall?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 04:35 PM
CLLOFF
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Default New key FOB and auto seat recall?

I broke one of my key FOBs and purchased a replaced from my local Chevy dealer. I have a 2015 base Stingray 2LT A8.

I programed the new key FOB following the instructions in the manual section 2-6 for "Programmer with a Recognized Transmitter". It seemed to work. The car starts, doors locks and unlock etc.

Thought I have it. Almost.

When starting the car with the new FOB the driver seat does not return to my seat memory position 1. The easy exit does work and the seat fully retracts when I open the door.

When using the original key, the seat and steering wheel automatically return to the seat memory position 1.

I checked the DIC settings still have the Auto Seat recall turned on. I tried turning it off and then on again.

Old FOB auto memory seat recall works. New FOB, no auto seat recall.

What an I missing to get the auto seat recall to work on my new FOB?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:17 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,821 Likes on 2,065 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

OK, here's the drill. You need to do the long form of the process. You will erase the two FOBs and when you program them, they will become #1 & #2. Right now, it sounds like you have #1 and #3. #3 does not contain the memory functions as #1 & #2.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...s-and-rke.html

LONG PROGRAM!
Step 1, 2, 8.....

Elmer

Last edited by eboggs_jkvl; 07-22-2017 at 05:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CLLOFF (07-23-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 05:46 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

I always thought you needed a "blank" key to do the long learn. Can you actually do it with fobs/keys that have been previously married to a car?
Old 07-22-2017, 06:11 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,821 Likes on 2,065 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
I always thought you needed a "blank" key to do the long learn. Can you actually do it with fobs/keys that have been previously married to a car?
The FOBs will be 1 & 2. You start over with the long program.

First FOB programmed become 1, 2nd becomes 2, third becomes 3.

If you "add" a FOB, it becomes 3-8. The only way to get back to 1 & 2 is to do the long program. His #3 will become 2.

Elmer
Old 07-23-2017, 12:14 AM
CLLOFF
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

You nailed it. Great instructions. Thanks!
Takes about 30 minutes of pressing buttons and waiting in between, but now I have a new 1 and 2.

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
OK, here's the drill. You need to do the long form of the process. You will erase the two FOBs and when you program them, they will become #1 & #2. Right now, it sounds like you have #1 and #3. #3 does not contain the memory functions as #1 & #2.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...s-and-rke.html

LONG PROGRAM!
Step 1, 2, 8.....

Elmer
Old 07-23-2017, 12:35 AM
C82LT
Drifting

Received 632 Likes on 352 Posts

I have experienced some odd issues where the easy exit didn’t fully complete and a few times where my auto recall just nudged the steering wheel and stopped and the seat didn’t move at all. I got out of the car the first time it happened thinking “okay I’m going to have to redo my seat again”, only to return and my seat went into place and easy exit worked. Still working as far as I can tell but my wife needs to put her seat settings in. I’m not sure if the memory gets momentarily glitchy or what but it happened a second time.

Get notified of new replies

To New key FOB and auto seat recall?

Quick Reply: New key FOB and auto seat recall?