Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat cover pulling loose

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 08:42 PM
LT4CMG
Le Mans Master

Received 3,496 Likes on 1,893 Posts

I do have wide shoulders, but its not like I shimmy around on the seat. Not sure why the second cover is doing the same thing as the first. I have good quality automotive epoxy that will do the trick, but really don't want to glue on a tab that's designed to fly off if the airbag were to go off. There's no way others have not run into this issue. Any advice?
Old 01-15-2019, 06:52 PM
rosco11
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by owc6
Getting into (and out of ) Corvettes is not like any other car out there, so what may have worked for other cars does not work for this car.

Your entry position is contributing to this greatly. On this car (the C7 particularly because of the exaggerated bolsters), you must "sit and swivel." Meaning you must sit on the seat facing left, and lift both feet and swivel into position. Yes, this is how we girls were taught to enter and exit a car, but in this case, sex has nothing to do with it. It really is the only way to minimize any possible wear.
No, it is a quality control issue they have no intention of fixing and instead push it off on their customers. I owned a 2006 viper for 9 years and put 35k miles on it. i weigh 210 and am 6 feet tall. The seats were still in perfect shape when i traded it for this 2014 vette. How you get in and out of it is a load of crap. The cover is not firmly secured to the frame. End of story. It is a design flaw. They used a cheap plastic molded piece along the entire edge to secure it and they are failing....unless you are very very careful.

My vette seat covers are coming off along the outside edge of the passenger side ATM.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:03 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,214 Likes on 3,457 Posts

I've no problem with getting in "like a girl" it necessary, but if a guy is not too big, it's not necessary to pivot on the seat like it were a turn-table... just saying, there are different and appropriate options for different people no matter their gender.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:01 AM
rosco11
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The option i am looking at is pulling the seats out and taking it to an upholstery shop and have a quality job done. The kind you paid for when you bought the car but didn't get. Absolutely no point at all in having the factory covers reattached the way they designed it to. Unless you like talking about how you get in and out of a car, anyway. Will not find a discussion like this on any other forum about any other sports car. They designed it poorly. Just need to fix it like i fixed the super cheap paper cone speakers mounted in plastic baskets you wouldn't even find on a dodge neon.

Or i could hold my breath and hope they own it and offer a discounted solution...

The viper had issues too, just not in the seats.

see ya at the upholstery shop.

Quick Reply: Seat cover pulling loose