C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got tickets to the USGP for my 60th B'day!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 08:37 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,391 Likes on 744 Posts

Default Got tickets to the USGP for my 60th B'day!!!

This is a duplicate post from a thread I started in the Autox/Track forum, but for some reason it's not getting any traction over there.

My daughter and wife surprised me this past week with 3 3-day tickets to the USGP this October! Going to a F1 race has long been a bucket list item for me, and having lived in the DFW area for 30+ years I was excited when COTA was built, then I saw the price of tickets!

Anyway, I know plenty of y'all have been there; tell me what I need to do!

TIA, and have a good one,
Mike
Old 08-01-2017, 12:54 AM
MAGRED-02
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

I know absolutely nothing about the race but congratulations on turning 60. I'll be there myself in less than 2 months. It won't be a big deal for me since 10 days before my birthday will be the 2 year anniversary of losing my wife to cancer. If she was still with me I'm sure it would be different. Again, congratulations and enjoy the race and your family.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:25 AM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

Congrats. I can't pull it off this year since I am hoping to hit a couple local Porsche Club track days and I am already signed up for Spring Mountain in October. Maybe next year.

Last edited by djnice; 08-01-2017 at 01:25 AM.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:36 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr
This is a duplicate post from a thread I started in the Autox/Track forum, but for some reason it's not getting any traction over there.

My daughter and wife surprised me this past week with 3 3-day tickets to the USGP this October! Going to a F1 race has long been a bucket list item for me, and having lived in the DFW area for 30+ years I was excited when COTA was built, then I saw the price of tickets!

Mike
Congrats, you're gonna love it!

I went to the 2013 GP at COTA (last year of the NA V8s).
It was a fantastic experience.
The facilities are world-class and the track is this country's premier roadcourse.
I can't recommend it enough.
EVERY TRUE car guy owes it to themselves to make it a bucket list item....you will not be disappointed.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:07 AM
SilverGhost
Drifting

Received 886 Likes on 476 Posts

take ear plugs

Old 08-01-2017, 07:52 AM
probono
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts

I'm going too! A 70th birthday present from my son...we got great seats, row 35 in turn 15...so looking forward to this. Not so interested in the concerts, Stevie Wonder and Justin Timberlake, but that'll just leave more time to sample Austin's downtown scene. Arriving Thursday and leaving Monday....

Ken
Old 08-01-2017, 11:46 AM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Mike
Happy Birthday Mike, I am sure you will like COTA, our annual show is one week before that event.

Bob
Old 08-01-2017, 12:07 PM
rcharles30
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

We went to the last one they did in Indy and it was a blast. Haven’t had a chance to do the COTA yet, hopefully soon though. You will have a blast. If they offer a paddock walk through day like they did in Indy, do it. I was amazed by how their wheels/tires were. Not sure about ear plugs now that they have taken a lot of the noise away, but hearing the older engines screen down the straight at Indy at 19000 RPM was music.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:11 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,391 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by MAGRED-02
I know absolutely nothing about the race but congratulations on turning 60. I'll be there myself in less than 2 months. It won't be a big deal for me since 10 days before my birthday will be the 2 year anniversary of losing my wife to cancer. If she was still with me I'm sure it would be different. Again, congratulations and enjoy the race and your family.
Wow, I hope I never find myself in your position. Would utterly gut me. Thanks for the response, and hang in there.

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
take ear plugs (and don't laugh or smile)
Ear plugs, check. Don't worry about the laugh or smile, that track is one of the funniest I've ever heard! Need to make it a ringtone!

Originally Posted by probono
I'm going too! A 70th birthday present from my son...we got great seats, row 35 in turn 15...so looking forward to this. Not so interested in the concerts, Stevie Wonder and Justin Timberlake, but that'll just leave more time to sample Austin's downtown scene. Arriving Thursday and leaving Monday....

Ken
Ken, that sounds almost exactly like our plans. Concert? What concert? Although, could you imagine if those two got together on stage at the same time?

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 08-01-2017, 02:26 PM
probono
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts

Wow, I hope I never find myself in your position. Would utterly gut me. Thanks for the response, and hang in there.

Ear plugs, check. Don't worry about the laugh or smile, that track is one of the funniest I've ever heard! Need to make it a ringtone!

Ken, that sounds almost exactly like our plans. Concert? What concert? Although, could you imagine if those two got together on stage at the same time?

Have a good one,
Mike
Mike,

There is a free concert Saturday and Sunday after the track activities, and free to ticket holders.

BTW, Happy Birthday!!

Ken
Old 08-01-2017, 05:41 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by probono
that'll just leave more time to sample Austin's downtown scene.
Austin closes off much its downtown to traffic and puts on an F1 themed festival/party.
An absolute must for anyone going to the race.

Get notified of new replies

To Got tickets to the USGP for my 60th B'day!!!

Quick Reply: Got tickets to the USGP for my 60th B'day!!!