Sponsored by:

August Incentives

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 09:40 AM
tsoed
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default August Incentives

Has anyone seen or know of any for August? Specifically interested in Grand Sport, but i'm sure others may be looking for Stingrays/Z06's too.

I know the plant being shut down will likely prevent GM offering high incentives but you never know...

Thanks in advance!

Popular Reply

08-01-2017, 10:49 AM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

There are no new incentives for August, just the same $500 IVCs (unless you qualify for the Private Offer). Even though sales were down for July they are still not going to put out any incentives this month.

Keep in mind, GM's customer is actually the dealer. GM wants the dealers to order cars. When dealer's inventories get to big, they stop ordering cars. To get the dealers to order more cars they put out incentives to help lower the inventory making a demand for more orders.

Since the factory doesn't need to take any orders, there's no need to help dealers lower inventory.

There may be incentives in September, but I wouldn't think you are going to see anything substantial until October and that's only if the inventory didn't reduce itself naturally during the shutdown. Even with the lack of incentives, we only sold 20 cars less in July then we did in June and June is always a better month in Corvette sales then July.

We haven't had our meeting yet to determine our pricing for the first week of August, but we will later today and there won't be any factory incentives other than the IVCs.

We do, however, still have the 1.99% for 72 months until August 15th!

Dave
America's Corvette Dealership

email - dsalvatore@cioccadealerships.com
Showroom - 609-344-2100. Ext 1022
Text - 856-535-0407

Follow Ciocca Corvette on Instagram!

Old 08-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Silver&Blue
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tsoed
Has anyone seen or know of any for August? Specifically interested in Grand Sport, but i'm sure others may be looking for Stingrays/Z06's too.

I know the plant being shut down will likely prevent GM offering high incentives but you never know...

Thanks in advance!
They will have them out in a few hours. Hopefully they are good because prices just went up at certain dealers like kerbeck. Im going by my local dealer today.
The following users liked this post:
tsoed (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 09:59 AM
onyx_z71
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

I think the best deals out now are dealers who have and will use GM dealer issued $500 Instant Value Certificates. When I bought mine, up to 8 could be used on a GS which amounted to $4k. Not all dealers will use that many on one car though as I understand each dealer has a limited amount of them, and I don't know if they are still valid for August.
tsoed (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 10:25 AM
Silver&Blue
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by onyx_z71
I think the best deals out now are dealers who have and will use GM dealer issued $500 Instant Value Certificates. When I bought mine, up to 8 could be used on a GS which amounted to $4k. Not all dealers will use that many on one car though as I understand each dealer has a limited amount of them, and I don't know if they are still valid for August.
was that 4k off what they already had it discounted at?
Old 08-01-2017, 10:26 AM
SilverGhost
Drifting

Received 886 Likes on 476 Posts

The private offering of $3k on any 2017 Corvette and $5k on a J57-equipped Corvette started July 1 and runs through August 31, 2017. You had to have received the offering personally from GM to use the codes it provided to get those savings. Just another First Class offering, which is there to remind you that you are not in First Class.

Last edited by SilverGhost; 08-01-2017 at 10:54 AM.
tsoed (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 10:47 AM
onyx_z71
Pro

Originally Posted by Silver&Blue
was that 4k off what they already had it discounted at?
Yes, $4k off your best msrp discount.

It is my belief that many of these heavily discounted prices of over 10% include some IVC rebates although they may not be clearly advertised as so.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:49 AM
Dave@Ciocca

There are no new incentives for August, just the same $500 IVCs (unless you qualify for the Private Offer). Even though sales were down for July they are still not going to put out any incentives this month.

Keep in mind, GM's customer is actually the dealer. GM wants the dealers to order cars. When dealer's inventories get to big, they stop ordering cars. To get the dealers to order more cars they put out incentives to help lower the inventory making a demand for more orders.

Since the factory doesn't need to take any orders, there's no need to help dealers lower inventory.

There may be incentives in September, but I wouldn't think you are going to see anything substantial until October and that's only if the inventory didn't reduce itself naturally during the shutdown. Even with the lack of incentives, we only sold 20 cars less in July then we did in June and June is always a better month in Corvette sales then July.

We haven't had our meeting yet to determine our pricing for the first week of August, but we will later today and there won't be any factory incentives other than the IVCs.

Dave
The following 6 users liked this post by Dave@Ciocca:
Co-Vette (08-01-2017), Corvette ED (08-01-2017), kenownr (08-01-2017), Mr. Knowitall (08-01-2017), tsoed (08-01-2017), Yaupon (08-01-2017) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-01-2017, 10:51 AM
saleen556
Le Mans Master

Received 2,202 Likes on 1,193 Posts

Yes, $4k off your best msrp discount.

It is my belief that many of these heavily discounted prices of over 10% include some IVC rebates although they may not be clearly advertised as so.
I believe the same. I worked out a deal and continued to see if I could do better elsewhere. They ran out of the certificates so I'm now waiting a couple days. They believe they will get more and say they'll honor the deal we made.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:02 AM
onyx_z71
Pro

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
There are no new incentives for August, just the same $500 IVCs (unless you qualify for the Private Offer)...
Just wondering Dave, but for clarification, can IVC be combined with a private offer?
Old 08-01-2017, 11:04 AM
tsoed
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com

Dave
Thanks for the explanation and insight!
Old 08-01-2017, 11:05 AM
tsoed
Advanced

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
The private offering of $3k on any 2017 Corvette and $5k on a J57-equipped Corvette started July 1 and runs through August 31, 2017. You had to have received the offering personally from GM to use the codes it provided to get those savings. Just another First Class offering, which is there to remind you that you are not in First Class.

How do you get on the Private Offering list? Thanks
Old 08-01-2017, 11:06 AM
Dave@Ciocca

Just wondering Dave, but for clarification, can IVC be combined with a private offer?
No, they can not be combined.

Dave
Old 08-01-2017, 11:08 AM
Gkabc7
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yes if you can find a dealer that will give you all 8 on your car that's the best deal you can get I got lucky in getting the 4k off plus other dealer discounts on a 104750 car which came out to just about 14% off msrp.paid 90900
Old 08-01-2017, 11:10 AM
Dave@Ciocca

The current list is based on past GM customers. I don't know the algorithm they are using, but something in your past purchasing habits of GM cars makes them think those people are close to making a purchase and need a little push.

The list came out July 1 and won't change till the end of August so if you weren't on it already you can't get yourself added to it.

Dave
The following 4 users liked this post by Dave@Ciocca:
Borntorun04/17 (08-02-2017), GrandSport553 (08-01-2017), tsoed (08-01-2017), Yaupon (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 01:10 PM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

I noticed that when you price some of the cars on the list on the GM website, it automatically deducts the $3500 as cash back, like on the 2017 Malibu.
Guess the Corvette is an exception as usual.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:52 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

IMO if you are now waiting for deals, you outsmarted yourself. The very best deals were last Winter when it wasn't at all unusual to find 20%+ off deals on in stock cars. These weren't just at the national discount dealers, but all over the place. A lot of that was fueled by GM's 10% off tag specials combined with local discounts. But today the average discount has fallen by 50% compared to a month or two ago. They've gone from circa 12% to circa 6%. $500 certificates are just insults. I expect this to continue for the rest of the year and it might even get worse. After all, inventory is headed downwards with nothing new being added for replacements. Scarcity generally drives prices up. This will continue through the "Winter Discount Season" so that might not even happen this next Winter at all. New models such as the ZR1 may very well help spurn sales, but with people clamoring for them this won't help discounts.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:59 PM
Dave@Ciocca

Originally Posted by TEXHAWK0
I noticed that when you price some of the cars on the list on the GM website, it automatically deducts the $3500 as cash back, like on the 2017 Malibu.
Guess the Corvette is an exception as usual.
If there is a rebate offered on a car that has no qualifications then it will show. Currently there is nothing like that on the Corvette but if there was, it would show like what you see on the Malibu.

Dave
Old 08-01-2017, 02:43 PM
fsvoboda
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by mschuyler
IMO if you are now waiting for deals, you outsmarted yourself. The very best deals were last Winter when it wasn't at all unusual to find 20%+ off deals on in stock cars. These weren't just at the national discount dealers, but all over the place. A lot of that was fueled by GM's 10% off tag specials combined with local discounts. But today the average discount has fallen by 50% compared to a month or two ago. They've gone from circa 12% to circa 6%. $500 certificates are just insults. I expect this to continue for the rest of the year and it might even get worse. After all, inventory is headed downwards with nothing new being added for replacements. Scarcity generally drives prices up. This will continue through the "Winter Discount Season" so that might not even happen this next Winter at all. New models such as the ZR1 may very well help spurn sales, but with people clamoring for them this won't help discounts.

The end of June I got about 16.5% off (almost $10,000) on a minimally optioned 2017 1LT. (Plus 0% interest for five years.) That then seemed to me to be about the best deal likely before they shut down production, and it now seems like I was correct.

That said, at least in Michigan where cars really are commodities, there almost always is some sort of deal available if you are patient.

Last edited by fsvoboda; 08-01-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:04 PM
fourmat
Pro

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

They emailed mine to me Only transferable to family members
tsoed (08-01-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To August Incentives

Quick Reply: August Incentives