Sponsored by:

Grand Sport fender vent overlays

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 07:47 PM
EmbraceNext
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Grand Sport fender vent overlays

Does anyone have any experience with these? https://www.corvettemods.com/C7-Corv...r_p_18088.html

My question is, does the red bleed through at all? The pics make it look perfect but you never know.

Thanks!
Old 08-12-2017, 08:10 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

They "USED TO BE" a vendor here. There is a reason they are no longer. Do your research in the Transactions Feedback Forum before you try do business with them.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-feedback-153/
Old 08-13-2017, 10:24 AM
DWS44
Melting Slicks

Received 683 Likes on 444 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

You might want to hold off on ordering those until they have both sides available!

I had been in contact with them while they were in development and got the first set they shipped for my Grand Sport CE. (That's actually my car in the pic on their site with the Tension Blue overlay) Installed them on my passenger side and the fit was perfect and looked great. (They are solid vinyl, so no bleed through, to answer your question) I was pumped at how well they looked. Went to do the drivers side and it dawned on me that they sent me TWO sets of passenger side and none for the drivers side. Still not sure if it was an accident that I got two passenger sides, or if they just didn't realize the text on opposite sides of the car slanted the opposite direction. We've been in email communication and they have been friendly throughout and apologized, but nearly two weeks later, I still haven't received the correct decal for the driver's side. Last update on Friday said "next week".

It's kind of annoying/embarrassing right now having one side blue and one side still factory red, but since I got the first set out the door, I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. It is a nice product that I would recommend if and when both sides of the car are actually available. I'll come back and update this post if/when I receive the driver's side.

Last edited by DWS44; 08-13-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:39 AM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

Oh well, you can't see both sides of the car at the same time anyway.

I don't really like the stuck on look of the body colored part of the fender vents... I would have to either buy the ones for the black car, or cover them with vinyl like these letters.

NOPE!

BETTER!

Last edited by TEXHAWK0; 08-13-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:48 AM
DWS44
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TEXHAWK0
Old 08-13-2017, 05:38 PM
EmbraceNext
Instructor

Originally Posted by DWS44
You might want to hold off on ordering those until they have both sides available!

I had been in contact with them while they were in development and got the first set they shipped for my Grand Sport CE. (That's actually my car in the pic on their site with the Tension Blue overlay) Installed them on my passenger side and the fit was perfect and looked great. (They are solid vinyl, so no bleed through, to answer your question) I was pumped at how well they looked. Went to do the drivers side and it dawned on me that they sent me TWO sets of passenger side and none for the drivers side. Still not sure if it was an accident that I got two passenger sides, or if they just didn't realize the text on opposite sides of the car slanted the opposite direction. We've been in email communication and they have been friendly throughout and apologized, but nearly two weeks later, I still haven't received the correct decal for the driver's side. Last update on Friday said "next week".

It's kind of annoying/embarrassing right now having one side blue and one side still factory red, but since I got the first set out the door, I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. It is a nice product that I would recommend if and when both sides of the car are actually available. I'll come back and update this post if/when I receive the driver's side.
Thank you very much for the reply. So it looks like each letter is separate so they will have to be put on very carefully with steady hands?

Thanks!
Old 08-13-2017, 08:29 PM
fasthwks
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by RicK T
They "USED TO BE" a vendor here. There is a reason they are no longer. Do your research in the Transactions Feedback Forum before you try do business with them.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-feedback-153/
I would also take this advise, just went down their road two weeks ago, never again!
Old 08-13-2017, 08:49 PM
DWS44
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by EmbraceNext
Thank you very much for the reply. So it looks like each letter is separate so they will have to be put on very carefully with steady hands?

Thanks!
No prob. Yes, you put them on one letter at a time, and a steady hand helps.

The trick is to spray the panel with soapy water before you place each letter. This allows you to move the vinyl around to get the placement just right without it sticking immediately. Then lightly push the water out with a finger to get rid of any excess water or air bubbles, and let it air dry the rest of the way. I let mine dry overnight to make sure. You wouldn't necessarily want to do this just before you plan to drive somewhere.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:10 PM
DWS44
Melting Slicks

Wanted to come back and update this thread. I finally received the driver's side overlay decal from them today and the install went fine, so both sides of my car match again!

I know this vendor doesn't have a very good rep on the board, but so far as I know, they are the only one's who are selling these overlays at the moment. (correct me if I'm wrong!) In my case, they eventually took care of it, and threw a free t-shirt in the shipment to make up for the issue/delay. All's well that ends well.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:47 PM
EmbraceNext
Instructor

Here is my update. I bought them and just put them on. I got the correct ones first shot. I am very happy with them.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:08 PM
DWS44
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by EmbraceNext
Here is my update. I bought them and just put them on. I got the correct ones first shot. I am very happy with them.

Looks good!

This is how the fender emblems on the CE should have come to start with!
The following users liked this post:
JasonInTexas (07-16-2023)
Old 08-22-2017, 01:01 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Are they making them for the sill plates too?
Old 11-16-2018, 06:24 PM
The_Chief
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TEXHAWK0

I don't really like the stuck on look of the body colored part of the fender vents... I would have to either buy the ones for the black car, or cover them with vinyl like these letters.

NOPE!

BETTER!
I'm looking to do this exact same thing to my White GS. Can anyone tell me the part number or where to get the GS fend vents in black?
Old 11-16-2018, 09:05 PM
SingleTrackMinded
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,359 Likes on 903 Posts

Here is what it looks like with white...

Get notified of new replies

To Grand Sport fender vent overlays

Quick Reply: Grand Sport fender vent overlays