Sponsored by:

Free Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 06:53 AM
shakinrock
Pro

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Default Free Oil Change

I've read somewhat contradictory statements on this forum regarding free oil changes. Can someone tell me whether or not (and how) to get I get any free oil changes from GM?

I bought a used 2015 Z51 (I'm in Georgia) and the original dealership is in Canada. So I know I cannot get anything from them. But what about GM.

If I should be able to get a free oil change or three how do I go about securing this?
Old 08-13-2017, 07:59 AM
Travelor
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

I was just in the local dealership talking with the Service Manager about re-aligning my 2017 GS to get better tire wear.

In talking to him I was told that GM provides oil change at 500 miles and two additional oil changes free. He also told me that GM now only allows dears to use full synthetic oil on ALL oil changes and that Corvettes get Mobil 1.

I would think that if this is a GM policy it should be good for for your car. Talk with your local Chevy Service Manager.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:39 AM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by shakinrock
I've read somewhat contradictory statements on this forum regarding free oil changes. Can someone tell me whether or not (and how) to get I get any free oil changes from GM?

I bought a used 2015 Z51 (I'm in Georgia) and the original dealership is in Canada. So I know I cannot get anything from them. But what about GM.

If I should be able to get a free oil change or three how do I go about securing this?
Yes, no, maybe so?

When purchasing a new Corvette you get some free oil changes and it varies from year to year. With my 14 Z51 I got 4 or 5 free oil changes but had to be used within 2 years. With my 17 Z06 I got a free oil change at 500 miles and will get 2 more, again to be used within 2 years.

I'm not sure about a 15 corvette and from Canada but I'm guessing your 2 years is up. You can stop into a dealer and ask them but I'm guessing you are on your own.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:29 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I think bearphoto is right. As he said though, a dealership should be able to look up the service records as well as if it has any left, it is recorded with the car VIN.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:13 PM
BobFic
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm surprised at how some call it a free oil change, I look at it as warranty maintenance, that you purchased (payed for) when you bought the car....I don't think of it as FREE.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:45 PM
iclick
Melting Slicks

Received 618 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Ficorilli
I'm surprised at how some call it a free oil change, I look at it as warranty maintenance, that you purchased (payed for) when you bought the car....I don't think of it as FREE.
It's not free, and if you don't do it you've lost the money you've already spent on it. As much as I abhor taking my car to a dealer for oil changes I have a harder time letting them take the money without doing anything for it.

If the OP bought his car (2015 Z51) in the U.S. he would get five oil changes within two years, which is probably already expired. I don't know what the offering is in Canada.

Last edited by iclick; 08-13-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Free Oil Change

Quick Reply: Free Oil Change