Sponsored by:

DashLogic not working - Company ignoring my emails

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 05:00 PM
jimxms
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Default DashLogic not working - Company ignoring my emails

Almost a month ago to the day I purchased a DashLogic from dashlogic.com for my C7. When I got it, I plugged it in and followed the instructions but it failed to do anything at all.

So I sent Dashlogic this email:

Hi Guys,

I am trying to install a DashLogic DL1066U in my 2014 Corvette C7 Z51, but cannot get it to display anything on the instrument cluster.

These are the steps I performed:

1) Plugged the Dashlogic into my laptop in config mode and configured Profile 2 how I wanted it.
2) Switched the Dashlogic to Profile 2
3) Plugged it into my OBD-II port and started the car.
4) Toggled the dash display to Navigation mode so that it is showing an image of the car on the map.
5) Pressed the drivers side door lock button.

The dash display does not change from navigation mode at all. The DashLogic unit has a flashing red power light.

I checked for firmware updates but could not see any for the C7.

My C7 recently had all of its ECU and other computers updated to the latest software versions. I know that the Diablosport inTune initially had problems reading my car because of this, but they quickly updated their firmware to fix the issue. I'm not sure if maybe the Dashlogic is having the same problem?

Best Regards
The same day they replied with:

It would appear that you have done everything correctly. A flashing red light could indicate that the unit has failed the vin check. Can you please forward me the vehicle vin number?
To which I immediately sent them my VIN number. I then waited a few days and sent them a follow up email asking if my VIN was OK. To which they replied:

No, the VIN number looks good. Our engineers are looking into this right now to see if there are any other causes, we'll let you know what they find.
This was on the 27th July. Since then I have emailed them 3 times asking for updates and they have simply ignored me.

Does anyone have a contact at DashLogic they can hook me up with before I loose my sh*t with them?

Last edited by jimxms; 08-22-2017 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:39 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by jimxms
This was on the 27th July. Since then I have emailed them 3 times asking for updates and they have simply ignored me.
Engineers trying to find a weird one-off bug takes time.
May not have responded since they're still looking w/ nothing to tell.
Realistically, 4 weeks isn't much time for ID'g an unknown issue.

Could return it requesting a new unit/refund.
Or, be a little more patient.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:43 PM
jimxms
Pro

Originally Posted by Landru
Engineers trying to find a weird one-off bug takes time.
May not have responded since they're still looking w/ nothing to tell.
Realistically, 4 weeks isn't much time for ID'g an unknown issue.

Could return it requesting a new unit/refund.
Or, be a little more patient.
I sent one email at 2 week intervals, to not reply even with just a "we are still looking" is just rude and poor customer service. I've hardly been harassing them.

I also find it suspicious that they haven't asked for any information. No log files, no details of my cars software versions etc. Its hard to believe that their engineers are hard at work diagnosing a problem that they dont have any information about....

Last edited by jimxms; 08-22-2017 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:12 PM
Landru
Race Director

I sent one email at 2 week intervals, to not reply even with just a "we are still looking" is just rude and poor customer service. I've hardly been harassing them.
Agree, a non-response to an inquiry's lousy business and especially for an existing customer.
Thought DT stuff was bullet-proof, they'd sold enough to members who didn't have your experience & are happy who'd surely have bitched.

In your situation could think of only 3 choices to which I'll add one more. Write once more only this time politely tell them if no response is received within say next 48 hrs? Unit's being sent back. Force their hand & be done with it.

A shame, but what other recourse is there?

Last edited by Landru; 08-22-2017 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:21 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

OK, so what would like us to do here on this forum? So far you have had one reply suggesting patience, which you have rejected. That's the usual pattern here. Seek a solution, get an answer, and reject it, over and over again. If you have come here asking for a solution, we likely don't have one for you. This is not a customer service hotline. If you have come here seeking solace for your tribulations, I'm sure you will find some as many people like to complain about "poor customer service." My guess is that they cannot duplicate the problem and that they simply DO NOT KNOW what the issue is. Your best bet is probably to return the item and get a refund. IMO.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:22 PM
jimxms
Pro

Agree, a non-response to an inquiry's lousy business and especially for an existing customer.
Thought DT stuff was bullet-proof, they'd sold enough to members who didn't have your experience & are happy who'd surely have bitched.

In your situation could think of only 3 choices to which I'll add one more. Write once more only this time politely tell them if no response is received within say next 48 hrs? Unit's being sent back. Force their hand & be done with it.

A shame, but what other recourse is there?
Yeah you're right. It really sucks though as I was planning to use the DashLogic to display my AFR/Boost/IAT of my s/c'd + meth C7. All other options just add clutter to the cabin and I wanted an OEM-like solution
Old 08-22-2017, 06:26 PM
jimxms
Pro

Originally Posted by mschuyler
OK, so what would like us to do here on this forum? So far you have had one reply suggesting patience, which you have rejected. That's the usual pattern here. Seek a solution, get an answer, and reject it, over and over again.
Maybe you should read my thread again, specifically the last paragraph

Does anyone have a contact at DashLogic they can hook me up with before I loose my sh*t with them?
I'm not looking for suggestions, nor a solution or even solace from the forum. What I actually want is an email address for someone who works at DashLogic so I don't have to rely on their support@ email address.

That said, who's to say the first reply to my thread might not have been "oh yeah I had that issue too and fixed it with......"? I'm thinking you are trying to apply a gripe you have with other forum folk to my situation, and I'm afraid you are simply knocking on the wrong door my friend.

Last edited by jimxms; 08-22-2017 at 06:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
madrob2020 (08-22-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 09:27 AM
Landru
Race Director

Yeah you're right. It really sucks though as I was planning to use the DashLogic to display my AFR/Boost/IAT of my s/c'd + meth C7. All other options just add clutter to the cabin and I wanted an OEM-like solution

I get-it, won't bore you w/ a contraption called DashTronics I'd bought other than say it turned out a disappointment.
But upside is you've a beautiful new C7 to drive anytime & anywhere you choose. A forest through the trees, thing.

Still, are you open to swapping units w/ DT?
One you've now 'sounds' defective and no amount of installation or engineers will/can make it work.
Honestly somewhat surprised DT didn't offer this solution.
If new one didn't work THEN they'd have something to 'investigate'.

Of course DT has to respond to an email for any offer & therein lies the rub.
In the event DT does respond, please update this thread.
G/L
Old 08-23-2017, 10:46 AM
jimxms
Pro

I get-it, won't bore you w/ a contraption called DashTronics I'd bought other than say it turned out a disappointment.
But upside is you've a beautiful new C7 to drive anytime & anywhere you choose. A forest through the trees, thing.

Still, are you open to swapping units w/ DT?
One you've now 'sounds' defective and no amount of installation or engineers will/can make it work.
Honestly somewhat surprised DT didn't offer this solution.
If new one didn't work THEN they'd have something to 'investigate'.

Of course DT has to respond to an email for any offer & therein lies the rub.
In the event DT does respond, please update this thread.
G/L
I'd be happy for a swap, but I do feel that there might be more to this than just a defective unit. I personally believe that the DashLogic doesn't support the latest ECU firmware running on my C7 as I had a similar issue with a Diablosport tuner (which they updated same day).

If that is the case, all I want is for DashLogic to acknowledge it as being the problem and keep me in the loop.

Regardless, I just found out that I paid with Paypal so I've started a claim. Hopefully that will force DashLogic's hand into saying/doing something.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:03 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Maybe you should read my thread again, specifically the last paragraph

I'm not looking for suggestions, nor a solution or even solace from the forum. What I actually want is an email address for someone who works at DashLogic so I don't have to rely on their support@ email address.

That said, who's to say the first reply to my thread might not have been "oh yeah I had that issue too and fixed it with......"? I'm thinking you are trying to apply a gripe you have with other forum folk to my situation, and I'm afraid you are simply knocking on the wrong door my friend.
Call the boss himself and tell him you are not happy.

Name: Brian Palmer
Phone: (801) 310-9510
Old 08-23-2017, 11:22 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Trying to trace the ownership of "DashLogic". It appears that DashLogic was originally developed by Palmer Performance Engineering (announced on October 30, 2012):

Palmer Performance announces their revolutionary new DashLogic™ product.
DashLogic™ is the ultimate solution for gauges. DashLogic™ allows you to customize your existing Driver Information Center and/or Head-Up Display to show anything you could desire to see. The DashLogic™ device includes two 0-5 volt analog inputs to support aftermarket sensors such as wideband O2 or EGT, etc. DashLogic™ also supports user customizable alarms as well as user-defined calculations.
Palmer Performance Engineering was acquired by Auto Meter (announced March 31, 2015):

PRESS RELEASE: Sycamore, IL (March 31, 2015): Auto Meter Products, Inc. announced today that it has acquired the Palmer Performance Engineering, Inc. business, and that it has entered into a long term strategic alliance with Brian Palmer and the DashLogic Development Team. With this acquisition Auto Meter will add the award winning DashCommandTM app that can turn any iOS or Android smartphone or tablet into a fully customized dashboard and diagnostic tool to its instrumentation product line. Auto Meter also acquired the ScanXLTM and ScanXL ProTM diagnostic scan tools which will be added to its test equipment product range. Finally, Auto Meter added the Award Winning DashLogicTM display controller to its instrumentation business and technology portfolio. The DashLogicTM product range enables automotive enthusiasts to customize/re-purpose existing dashboard displays on their vehicle with a plug and play module that allows the consumer to display an expanded range of vehicle and engine readings.
Here the trail grows cold. Searching AutoMeter finds no DashLogic product available from them. Anybody have any additional information after AutoMeter acquisition?
Old 08-23-2017, 01:15 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

What year you have?

You do know that the DashLogic unit, aka Autometer, aka Palmer Performance only works on '14 and '15's?

There does not seem to be any product development activities anymore.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:45 PM
Landru
Race Director

Originally Posted by Flame Red
What year you have? You do know that the DashLogic unit, aka Autometer, aka Palmer Performance only works on '14 and '15's? There does not seem to be any product development activities anymore.

Well OP, did you know this?
What MY is your C7?

Obviously if '16+ there's why emails aren't answered.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:28 PM
jimxms
Pro

Originally Posted by flame red
what year you have?

You do know that the dashlogic unit, aka autometer, aka palmer performance only works on '14 and '15's?

There does not seem to be any product development activities anymore.
'14

If they aren't actively developing it anymore then that is quite worrying as if it does transpire that it doesn't work with newer ECU firmware, people might want to keep an eye on what Chevy dealers do during services just in case they end up in the same situation as me.

Last edited by jimxms; 08-23-2017 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:39 PM
bigsapper
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 294 Likes on 219 Posts

The rebranded Autometer product is called Dash Control. It's advertised to work with 2014-2016 year models.

http://www.autometer.com/dashcontrol...ette-2014.html
Old 08-23-2017, 10:53 PM
jimxms
Pro

Originally Posted by bigsapper
The rebranded Autometer product is called Dash Control. It's advertised to work with 2014-2016 year models.

http://www.autometer.com/dashcontrol...ette-2014.html
I wonder if the Dash Control, DashLogic etc all run the same software - or whether I might have more luck with a different brand.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:42 PM
bigsapper
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 294 Likes on 219 Posts

Dash Control & DashLogic are the same product. Autometer bought Palmer and rebranded the product.

Get notified of new replies

To DashLogic not working - Company ignoring my emails

Old 08-24-2017, 05:55 PM
jimxms
Pro

Finally a reply:

Our engineers are not able to trouble shoot this without sitting in your vehicle, this is not a possibility with the vehicle in the UK. Would you like to try exchanging the unit or would you like to return the unit for a refund? If you would return your unit to us we can test with it an if we find that it has an issue we can send you another unit, or we can refund you for your purchase.
So basically I've been waiting a month for nothing. Their engineers haven't been looking into my issue at all and they were just ignoring me hoping I'd go away.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:04 PM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

They said they couldn't duplicate the problem, they wanted to test your item on their car, and and they offered a refund. apparently it doesn't work, they can't duplicate the problem without at least trying your unit in their car. Seems to me the next step is up to you.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:06 PM
jimxms
Pro

Originally Posted by Phanni
They said they couldn't duplicate the problem, they wanted to test your item on their car, and and they offered a refund. apparently it doesn't work, they can't duplicate the problem without at least trying your unit in their car. Seems to me the next step is up to you.
I'm returning it and they can shove it is the next step.

Quick Reply: DashLogic not working - Company ignoring my emails