C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed The "Door Dog" Latches Today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 07:23 AM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by dndrsn
Old 08-31-2017, 02:03 PM
Custom Corvette Accessories
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 432 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Kent1999
They can be adjusted quite a bit to alter the amount they protrude into the well, and the angle at which they rest... They really are tucked into the pocket nicely.
Correct...

They can be adjusted for detent (stroke)
They can be adjusted right and left (exposure)

Regards
Chip

Last edited by Custom Corvette Accessories; 08-31-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:09 PM

Crazy read this thread...

Here is how the Door Dog looks from our end since it's release 3 weeks ago...

#1 frequency item sold
#1 most visited page
#1 most 2nd visit page
#1 stand alone product sold
#1 attached product (sold with other items)
#1 conversion product (sold on first page look)

Looks pretty good from here

Regards
Chip
The following 2 users liked this post by Custom Corvette Accessories:
FastC7GS (09-01-2017), Foosh (08-31-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 08:17 PM
FastC7GS
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SD_Dave
Well, apparently *someone* thinks a door handle can look cool.
Presenting the $3M Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo.

Contrasting colors work well with sports cars. I wouldn't be so quick to deride this on the Corvette without seeing it from several angles. Actually, its pretty cool...

Also, other handles are in the works.

HaHaHa looks like I have expensive taste after all...
Old 09-01-2017, 09:08 PM
JakeC7GS
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Custom Corvette Accessories
Looks pretty good from here

Regards
Chip

I posted the pics of my install (Arctic White GS) in your vendor thread, and after seeing the hate in this one... Very happy with the looks, the black handles blend in very well with the overall black and white color scheme. They don't protrude past the side of the car at all, and not even sure how you could make them do that. I'm guessing picture angle hurt the OP's shots.

Kind of reminds me when key fobs and start buttons came out. Everyone commenting on how it's just as easy to put the key in and turn, why would anyone pay for that?? True, it saves maybe a half a second, but after using them for a week or so now they are very convenient. Like the key fob, nice but not necessary.
The following users liked this post:
CCA Corvette Parts (09-02-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by JakeC7GS

I posted the pics of my install (Arctic White GS) in your vendor thread, and after seeing the hate in this one... Very happy with the looks, the black handles blend in very well with the overall black and white color scheme. They don't protrude past the side of the car at all, and not even sure how you could make them do that. I'm guessing picture angle hurt the OP's shots.

Kind of reminds me when key fobs and start buttons came out. Everyone commenting on how it's just as easy to put the key in and turn, why would anyone pay for that?? True, it saves maybe a half a second, but after using them for a week or so now they are very convenient. Like the key fob, nice but not necessary.
Thanks for the update

Regards
Chip

Last edited by Custom Corvette Accessories; 09-07-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:35 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 287 Likes on 236 Posts

I don't wanna **** on anyone's Cheerios, but I don't get it. It's not hard to open the door in the first place.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:47 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,667 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Then don't.

No need to state the obvious, it clearly isn't hard to open the door without them. But when your hands are full, it's just a less awkward reach w/ the door dogs.

It's just one of many little things one can do to make things a little more convenient, much like the Bin Buddy, and shoulder harness clip keepers, which are also Sandy Eggo designs. They clearly aren't necessary but they are nice little adds. They are well-designed, quality pieces.

I installed them and like them. They disappear on my black car. They're on and off in 2 minutes.

Last edited by Foosh; 09-07-2017 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:57 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Foosh
Then don't.
I won't.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:07 AM
Kent1999
Le Mans Master

Received 1,651 Likes on 825 Posts

To me, the DoorDogs just make the car *feel* better — opening the door with them just seems to be a smoother more sophisticated mechanical-feeling operation. From two actions (find and squeeze the rather nebulous button, then pull) to just a single light pull.

Absolutely, positively not “needed” but I certainly do *like* the way it operates now, better than stock.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:12 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

[EDIT: My response below was to a poster who commented something to the effect of, "I don't want to **** in any anyone's Cheerios, but the door isn't hard to open. I don't see the point."

He then deleted after I posted]

Then don't.

No need to state the obvious, it clearly isn't hard to open the door without them. But when your hands are full, it's just a less awkward reach w/ the door dogs.

It's just one of many little things one can do to make things a little more convenient, much like the Bin Buddy, and shoulder harness clip keepers, which are also Sandy Eggo designs. They clearly aren't necessary but they are nice little adds. They are well-designed, quality pieces.

I installed them and like them. They disappear on my black car. They're on and off in 2 minutes.

hmmm.... If you are referring to me. I did not delete anything. Now that the sponsor is in the thread you will see everything suddenly get 100% positive.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:14 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Fair enough . . . my post didn't make sense without the preceding comment.

I just scrolled back through, and quite a few very negative comments are still there.

Last edited by Foosh; 09-07-2017 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:22 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Fair enough . . . my post didn't make sense without the preceding comment.

I just scrolled back through, and quite a few very negative comments are still there.
It's all good. Not bashing, just not my thing I guess. Not sure why I was targeted. Probably the only one reported so far. The other negs will get eventually deleted and we'll all have a 2nd faux love fest thread on here about the handles.

Last edited by DAFFYDRUNK; 09-07-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Foosh (09-07-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 10:22 AM
mcoomer
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by jaden61
I tell my passengers to finger it like its a virgin, they soon feel it, and the door opens wide.
Originally Posted by madrob2020
Probably a bit offensive to our female forum members. Maybe more than a bit. We'll see.
Originally Posted by DAFFYDRUNK
I'm definately going to hell for saying this, but the first time I opened the door it reminded me of my Jr high days. haha...
​​​​​​
​​​
​​​
I've made similar comments to a couple female passengers when they struggled to open the door. Funny thing is they generally giggle then immediately get the door opened. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm!
Old 09-07-2017, 10:34 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

I wasn't initially going to purchase them either, because I didn't see them as necessary. The more I thought about it, the more I saw the added convenience. After a week of commuting and errands, the little bit of added convenience is nice.

However, as I said before, they are on and off in 2 minutes. They can be used for a road trip where you're in and out of the car all the time, then removed quicker than you can unload your groceries.

It is a bit like the fob analogy. On vehicle doors with keyed locks and keyed ignitions, fobs and start buttons are also totally unnecessary.

Last edited by Foosh; 09-07-2017 at 10:39 AM.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,980 Likes on 2,880 Posts

Every time I am inserting my fingers to open a C7 cockpit door, I have to "hunt" for the hidden latch release with my fingers. I wonder what the C7 door latch designers were thinking in making it hard to find, even when you've opened C7 doors many times before, and are aware of it being a groping situational challenge?
Old 09-07-2017, 04:30 PM

Now that the sponsor is in the thread you will see everything suddenly get 100% positive.
100% false and mis- leading

We have no ability to delete anything, change anything or alter
anything in someone else's thread

Just so everyone knows the truth

Regards
Chip

Last edited by Custom Corvette Accessories; 09-07-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Installed The "Door Dog" Latches Today...

Old 09-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Chip, I'm pretty sure he wasn't accusing you. His post did disappear, then later reappeared, and he said he didn't delete it.

I think forum mgmt. does sometimes intervene on behalf of supporting vendors who are paying to advertise here, especially when they are unfairly attacked. That's not a bad thing.

BTW, I was at the at dealership today getting an interior bulb replaced under warranty, and the service guy was freaked out trying to open the door to read the odometer. Once he saw what they were he thought they were awesome, and the way the car should have come.

Last edited by Foosh; 09-07-2017 at 05:22 PM.
CCA Corvette Parts (09-07-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 05:32 PM

Chip, I'm pretty sure he wasn't accusing you. His post did disappear, then later reappeared, and he said he didn't delete it.

I think forum mgmt. does sometimes intervene on behalf of supporting vendors who are paying to advertise here, especially when they are unfairly attacked. That's not a bad thing.

BTW, I was at the at dealership today getting an interior bulb replaced under warranty, and the service guy was freaked out trying to open the door to read the odometer. Once he saw what they were he thought they were awesome, and the way the car should have come.
Yeah, I think I know what happened

I'm in Maine with my dad in the hospital...

I think one of our guys thought it was our thread (which) we can
change if it breaks forum rules. He reported it by accident and it was
deleted. When it was realized that it was not our thread, it was restored...

So error on our end because was not our thread and correction by
the mods by restoring it.

Regards
Chip
Foosh (09-07-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

... Now that the sponsor is in the thread you will see everything suddenly get 100% positive.
100% NOT TRUE. Supporting Vendor For Sale Threads are protected against Interference in a For Sale Thread (so are member For Sale threads in Parts For Sale sections or Corvettes for Sale sections). This thread, however, is NOT a vendor for sale thread. Positive and negative critiques are permitted. A post was deleted by mistake and that has been corrected (the post has been restored).

We also allow feedback (both negative and positive) on transactions with either supporting vendors or other members. There is a section (Forums > Help & Feedback > Transactions Feedback) for that specific purpose.

For everyone's benefit, here's the rule concerning Interference in a For Sale Thread:

If you don’t like the price or item being offered in for sale thread, take it to e-mail or PMs. Better still, just move on to a thread that is offering something you like the price on.

If you post a criticism of the price or the quality of the item being offered, you will be in violation of Forum rules and subject to sanctions.

If you post your own for sale items to the for sale thread started by someone else, you also are in violation of Forum rules. Start your own thread, rather than jumping into the thread of someone else.

If your contribution to a for sale thread does not advance the sale, you are in the way.
If you think about it, it's pretty easy to understand why this rule exists. For sale threads are the equivalent of advertising. In what other forms of advertising can you publicly criticize the product quality, its price or make other negative comments IN the advertising?

Quick Reply: Installed The "Door Dog" Latches Today...