C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed The "Door Dog" Latches Today...

Old 09-07-2017, 07:03 PM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 287 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
100% NOT TRUE. Supporting Vendor For Sale Threads are protected against Interference in a For Sale Thread (so are member For Sale threads in Parts For Sale sections or Corvettes for Sale sections). This thread, however, is NOT a vendor for sale thread. Positive and negative critiques are permitted. A post was deleted by mistake and that has been corrected (the post has been restored).

We also allow feedback (both negative and positive) on transactions with either supporting vendors or other members. There is a section (Forums > Help & Feedback > Transactions Feedback) for that specific purpose.

For everyone's benefit, here's the rule concerning Interference in a For Sale Thread:

If you think about it, it's pretty easy to understand why this rule exists. For sale threads are the equivalent of advertising. In what other forms of advertising can you publicly criticize the product quality, its price or make other negative comments IN the advertising?
The post disappeared and then reappeared, and I'm not the only one who witnessed it. Can you explain why? I don't wanna start stuff, but the fact is that posts disappear if a vendor complains. I've had it happen to me other times if I said something politically incorrect. My guess is a mod dumped the post and resurrected it after he changed his mind.

That said, while I'm not a fan of this specific product, I am interested in an X pipe and I will buy from CCA when I'm ready to do so.

While reading this post you should realize that 1/2 of the equation around here is regulars like me who post often. If we are not here to post, then Corvette Forum becomes a ghost town. Lots of other Corvette related forums, and I will be happy to hang out elsewhere if I am an issue.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:13 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by DAFFYDRUNK
It's all good. Not bashing, just not my thing I guess. Not sure why I was targeted. Probably the only one reported so far. The other negs will get eventually deleted and we'll all have a 2nd faux love fest thread on here about the handles.
Not my cup of tea either. Its more about esthetics and I like the way the door is engineered now. Not so much worried about color and contrasts. I just like the door as is.
To me adding this handle doesn't match anything else in the design theme.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:15 PM
bimmerborn
Melting Slicks

Received 198 Likes on 120 Posts

Chip, our prayers goes for your dad's health.
The following users liked this post:
Old 09-07-2017, 07:30 PM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Received 543 Likes on 323 Posts

The grandpa handle
The following users liked this post:
DanZR1 (09-09-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 07:31 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,667 Likes on 8,311 Posts

The post disappeared and then reappeared, and I'm not the only one who witnessed it. Can you explain why? I don't wanna start stuff, but the fact is that posts disappear if a vendor complains. I've had it happen to me other times if I said something politically incorrect. My guess is a mod dumped the post and resurrected it after he changed his mind.

That said, while I'm not a fan of this specific product, I am interested in an X pipe and I will buy from CCA when I'm ready to do so.

While reading this post you should realize that 1/2 of the equation around here is regulars like me who post often. If we are not here to post, then Corvette Forum becomes a ghost town. Lots of other Corvette related forums, and I will be happy to hang out elsewhere if I am an issue.
Yes, your post was deleted and restored, and the vendor explained what happened in post #59. It was an innocent mistake based upon the fact that one of his people mistakenly thought it was one of their marketing posts, which it was not.

Zymurgy also explained it well, and that forum rule is a good one.

Originally Posted by spinkick
The grandpa handle
No it's a version of the C6 handle on a C7. Go look at a picture of the C6.

Make fun of it as much as you like, but it is a more natural reach when opening the car door, whether you are 7 or 70. Is it a game changer? No, not at all. Is it a nice little convenience feature? Yes it most certainly is, but you wouldn't necessarily know that until you tried it or gave it some thought.

Last edited by Foosh; 09-07-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:59 PM
bimmerborn
Melting Slicks

Received 198 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Make fun of it as much as you like, but it is a more natural reach when opening the car door, whether you are 7 or 70.
The following 2 users liked this post by bimmerborn:
Custom Corvette Accessories (09-07-2017), Skid Row Joe (09-10-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 08:06 PM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Received 543 Likes on 323 Posts

Yes, your post was deleted and restored, and the vendor explained what happened in post #59. It was an innocent mistake based upon the fact that one of his people mistakenly thought it was one of their marketing posts, which it was not.

Zymurgy also explained it well, and that forum rule is a good one.No it's a version of the C6 handle on a C7. Go look at a picture of the C6.

Make fun of it as much as you like, but it is a more natural reach when opening the car door, whether you are 7 or 70. Is it a game changer? No, not at all. Is it a nice little convenience feature? Yes it most certainly is, but you wouldn't necessarily know that until you tried it or gave it some thought.
Oh, Grandpa!
Old 09-07-2017, 08:16 PM
Custom Corvette Accessories
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 432 Likes on 311 Posts

Yeah, look at post #59

I think we inadvertently caused it and it was corrected by
our diligent mods

Regards
Chip
Old 09-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Custom Corvette Accessories
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 432 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by bimmerborn
Chip, our prayers goes for your dad's health.
Appreciate it...we need all the prayers we can get right now,
Not going well right now

Regards
Chip
Old 09-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Kent1999
Le Mans Master

Received 1,651 Likes on 825 Posts

<snip>

No it's a version of the C6 handle on a C7. Go look at a picture of the C6

To which handle are you referring? The C6 also had the squeeze pad, just like the C7.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:25 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,066 Likes on 6,168 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
100% NOT TRUE. Supporting Vendor For Sale Threads are protected against Interference in a For Sale Thread (so are member For Sale threads in Parts For Sale sections or Corvettes for Sale sections). This thread, however, is NOT a vendor for sale thread. Positive and negative critiques are permitted. A post was deleted by mistake and that has been corrected (the post has been restored).

We also allow feedback (both negative and positive) on transactions with either supporting vendors or other members. There is a section (Forums > Help & Feedback > Transactions Feedback) for that specific purpose.

For everyone's benefit, here's the rule concerning Interference in a For Sale Thread:

If you think about it, it's pretty easy to understand why this rule exists. For sale threads are the equivalent of advertising. In what other forms of advertising can you publicly criticize the product quality, its price or make other negative comments IN the advertising?

Re-read my post. I explained what happened (it's highlighted for you). Vendors cannot simply request posts to be deleted unless there is a rules violation. It is fairly common that posts are deleted from vendor For Sale threads because they violate the "Interference in a For Sale Thread" rule. Politically incorrect posts fall under completely different rules and have nothing to do with vendors.

Sorry if you are upset that I pointed out that your comment was not true, but I take offense at people accusing the moderators of doing things that are just not true. Sometimes we make mistakes and we correct them, but that is not the same as saying that we let the vendors control the forum contents.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:55 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,288 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Kent1999
To which handle are you referring? The C6 also had the squeeze pad, just like the C7.
Yup. My C6 had nothing like this.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:13 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,667 Likes on 8,311 Posts

OK, OK, brain fart on my part. I saw a C6 today when getting an interior bulb replaced under warranty at my dealership. That's a topic for another story later, but it had what was probably the C6 version of a "door dog" installed. I mistakenly thought it was stock.

It's been 10 years since I sold my last C6, and I left the Corvette world after that, and just returned last year. I had to go back and look at pictures of my '06 C6 Z06 to remember that wasn't stock.

Old 09-09-2017, 05:45 PM
Red Mist Rulz
Race Director

Received 8,388 Likes on 4,210 Posts

Originally Posted by SD_Dave
Well, apparently *someone* thinks a door handle can look cool.
Presenting the $3M Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo.

Contrasting colors work well with sports cars. I wouldn't be so quick to deride this on the Corvette without seeing it from several angles. Actually, its pretty cool...

Also, other handles are in the works.
Sorry, but that Bug is just possibly the ugliest car offered for sale today. Regardless of what color the door handles are.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:00 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

What he means is there is a big difference between the design of the aftermarket door opener on the Corvette vs the factory of the Bugatti. The one on the Bugatti doesn't have that tacked on look.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installed The "Door Dog" Latches Today...