Sponsored by:

Z06 Rear Tire upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 07:55 PM
accely
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Z06 Rear Tire upgrade

What are people that upgrade the rear tires commonly going with? Dont get me wrong the PSS arent bad especially being 315 but I've had them on previous BMW M3's and now this z06 and I've just never been too impressed with them on road. I'm sure they are amazing on track but that's not where I go.

Normally I upgrade to a Nitto summer tire (555G2) or drag radial(NT) but i see they dont make anything bigger than a 315.

Mickey T's perhaps?

BTW - I'll be selling my rears if I upgrade if anyone is interested, I will post another thread separately when I sell them. they have 600 miles on them with no burnouts. My 17' Z06 is brand new with a May production date. PM me if you're interested in them.

I did search through some pages but didnt find much. Dont see many threads at all regarding tires/reviews/forsale, etc.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:27 AM
jabeasley1
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 124 Posts

I have stock size 335/25/20 MT ET SS Drag Radials on the rear with Nitto Invo's on the fronts. This Mickey Thompson tire has been greatly debated on this forum. I have nothing but GREAT things to say about them. They ride smooth and quiet, drag strip days are Awesome, AutoX days are Awesome, and driving 2 hours to a car show is Awesome. I liked them so much I even bought an extra set of rear tires for when the time comes to replace them.
*Some forum members said they had a problem with them being out of round or shaky. It has also been advised not to use the run-flats on the front with them. Either way, they hook great, ride great, and wear great. The day I placed mine on I got a fresh alignment and road force balanced the tires. I have had ZERO issues at any speed.
They no longer offer them on their website but if you google search the size and tire, there are some still out there. Just my 2 Cents
The following users liked this post:
accely (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 07:55 AM
pocketrocket
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by accely
What are people that upgrade the rear tires commonly going with? Dont get me wrong the PSS arent bad especially being 315 but I've had them on previous BMW M3's and now this z06 and I've just never been too impressed with them on road. I'm sure they are amazing on track but that's not where I go.

Normally I upgrade to a Nitto summer tire (555G2) or drag radial(NT) but i see they dont make anything bigger than a 315.

Mickey T's perhaps?

BTW - I'll be selling my rears if I upgrade if anyone is interested, I will post another thread separately when I sell them. they have 600 miles on them with no burnouts. My 17' Z06 is brand new with a May production date. PM me if you're interested in them.

I did search through some pages but didnt find much. Dont see many threads at all regarding tires/reviews/forsale, etc.
You may want to check out M/T website for tire size available. I have the M/T SS on the rear with nitto 555 on the front. I agree the ss is a great tire.
The following users liked this post:
accely (08-31-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Rear Tire upgrade

Quick Reply: Z06 Rear Tire upgrade