Sponsored by:

Texas Mile Tips

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 04:13 PM
MGreg
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Texas Mile Tips

First time for me next month. I'm looking for advice and tips. MSRC mode ( Track vs Sport ), tire pressures, launch techniques, etc. I'll be in the 2017 Stingray, mag ride, auto, PDR.
Cheers
Mike

Last edited by MGreg; 09-19-2017 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:46 AM
IM4A2Z
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Be aware of the dip shortly after the mile marker, where you cross the East West facing runway, which will unsettle the suspension during heavy braking. Wait until you cross it then brake hard. Take the opportunity to drive the track, it will be offered during the drivers meeting.

I would run Track 2 mode but have no actual experience in the Vette yet. I do however have many years of experience running LSR on my 2009 Hayabusa at a personal best of 206.1 MPH.

Almost always a headwind to contend with!
Old 09-20-2017, 11:40 AM
MGreg
Intermediate

Thanks for the input. Runway condition was why I was wondering if the stiffer MSRC mode would be more of a help or a detriment to the high speed handling. I'm hoping that braking/decel is well covered in the briefings before running. It seems like there's not a lot of room to get slowed. Did you use a chute for the the 200+ runs?
M
Old 09-21-2017, 03:09 PM
IM4A2Z
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Yes, you may have to experiment with suspension firmness to keep the rear planted. Leave Skid Control on as a safety net. Talk with the other C7 drivers that you meet and ask lots of questions. Unlike drag racing the LSR community is very free with their personal experience and information.

Are you doing all 3 days? Reason I ask is because you'll need several runs to step up through your licensing runs. Knock that out Friday and then Saturday and Sunday morning go for the big numbers!

LOL, no chute because stopping wasn't a problem on the Busa.

Last edited by IM4A2Z; 09-21-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:35 PM
MGreg
Intermediate

Yes, I plan to be there all three days and get as much time as possible. I think there will be plenty of C7s and hopefully a good knowledge base.
Thanks again
M

Get notified of new replies

To Texas Mile Tips

Quick Reply: Texas Mile Tips