C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealers REFUSING to service my 2015 C7 (in warranty)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 03:28 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by Jay_Davis
You can make a lot of money conning people and ripping them off. That doesn't mean its an acceptable business practice.

GM has made it clear they could care less about its customers, so the proper solution is for them not to have any.
Do you see those dealers on Long Island who are claimed to not service a Corvette owner's car going out of biz? Don't take what I said as condoning an action---instead take it as a snapshot of what exists. And btw, referring to GM as a company, do you see them going away either with no customers----I'd say most dealers are therefore "performing" well enough to keep their customers, and bring more in the door.
The following users liked this post:
dvilin (09-23-2017)
Old 09-23-2017, 05:30 PM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
Do you see those dealers on Long Island who are claimed to not service a Corvette owner's car going out of biz? Don't take what I said as condoning an action---instead take it as a snapshot of what exists. And btw, referring to GM as a company, do you see them going away either with no customers----I'd say most dealers are therefore "performing" well enough to keep their customers, and bring more in the door.
People get away with things until they don't. VW didn't go away, but they sure paid a price for their behavior, as did a bunch of individuals. I've seen dealers disappear once a bad reputation became known by enough people, or by the state because of their business practices. So don't just accept it.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:09 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by Jay_Davis
People get away with things until they don't. VW didn't go away, but they sure paid a price for their behavior, as did a bunch of individuals. I've seen dealers disappear once a bad reputation became known by enough people, or by the state because of their business practices. So don't just accept it.
I don't. but apparently people in the areas of the subject dealers mentioned on Long Island seem to be customers who are not getting your message. Tell them.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:40 AM
RFBHD
Burning Brakes

Received 308 Likes on 176 Posts

I really find this hard to believe .... there has to be more to the story....4 dealers said no appointments for Corvettes for 3 or 4 months??? So if I drive my car on Long Island and it breaks down ....sorry no service for you!!!!
Old 10-10-2017, 10:12 AM
JALLEN4
Melting Slicks

Received 2,152 Likes on 1,000 Posts

Originally Posted by RFBHD
I really find this hard to believe .... there has to be more to the story....4 dealers said no appointments for Corvettes for 3 or 4 months??? So if I drive my car on Long Island and it breaks down ....sorry no service for you!!!!
They are refusing service for resident who went out of state to buy. I think you would find a different response for visitor with an emergency.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:46 AM
skyhawk50
Burning Brakes

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
Take it to Klick-Lewis they will service it.

Rick Risser at Klick Lewis is a great supporter of our Corvette Club!!!
Old 10-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Al@MatickChevy
Premium Supporting Dealership

Received 139 Likes on 87 Posts

I wish you were closer to us... We have several happy vette owners that didn't buy with us but I know they will next time. Service is a big deal. I wish I could do more to help.
The following users liked this post:
LT1 Z51 (10-10-2017)
Old 10-10-2017, 02:41 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,606 Likes on 6,619 Posts

Originally Posted by RFBHD
It's known as collusion! You could complain to the NY Attorney General but that may result in a knee cap problem!

I'm sure if you break down they will fix it at a price! If you don't like the price and go to another dealer you'll get the same quote or higher!

Quick Reply: Dealers REFUSING to service my 2015 C7 (in warranty)