Sponsored by:

Military Discount

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 06:39 PM
HogwildC7
Melting Slicks

Received 132 Likes on 97 Posts

Default Military Discount

I went into Graff Chevy in Grand Priarie Texas. I had my GM Military Authorization code. They told me they don't give military discounts to Veterans and my code is no good. Wanted to charge me more than $5k on deal we had agreed too.

Has GM stop letting Veterans use the discount? Why is all this support for Veterans on commercials? The dealers are getting to unethical to even do business with. And they lie with a straight face.
The following users liked this post:
Art17 (09-19-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 07:16 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Go somewhere else! If you really like the car the new dealer can do a swap and get it for you. My dealer is trying to convince me to buy and they are saying I won't need my military discount because their deal is "A LOT BETTER". I'm just not ready to buy right now. I have seen a lot of new 2017s for $8-10k off though on auto trader which is more than the military discount.
The following users liked this post:
Art17 (09-19-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 07:56 PM
HogwildC7
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by phileaglesfan
Go somewhere else! If you really like the car the new dealer can do a swap and get it for you. My dealer is trying to convince me to buy and they are saying I won't need my military discount because their deal is "A LOT BETTER". I'm just not ready to buy right now. I have seen a lot of new 2017s for $8-10k off though on auto trader which is more than the military discount.
I know. My dealer I bought my Vette from is going to do a dealer trade.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:25 PM
fsvoboda
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 565 Posts

This may well be the case. Any of these GM discounts may change its requirement as often as monthly, and dealers also have a choice of opting in or out. If a dealer doesn't offer a particular discount it's not necessarily a sign there is anything crooked. Don't worry about it, and look elsewhere.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:34 PM
rcharles30
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

The fine print when I bought mine said that you had to be within a year from your discharge. Told the dealer that I was done and leaving. Next thing I know I was getting teacher discount, military discount, GM loyalty (even though I was trading in a Ford). Ended up getting 11k off. Guess since I walked in pre-approved with an interest rate better than they could get and 30% cash down, they were not going to let me walk. I'm pretty sure they can work around any rebate if they want to.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:39 PM
g.reed
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yup! Just find another dealer. The military discount is valid with no fine print but individual dealerships don't have to accept it. Just find one that does.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:02 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,074 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Military Program
Chevrolet and it’s dealers proudly offer the men and women who proudly support our country with a military discount to Active Duty members, Reservists, National Guard members, Veterans within one year of discharge date and Retirees – including their spouses – of the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard.

Can I receive this discount from any GM Dealer?
This program is available through all participating U.S. GM Dealers and is voluntary on the part of the dealers. Dealer participation is on a vehicle line basis. Please inform your dealer of your intention to use the GM Military Discount during your first contact with your dealer. If your dealer elects not to participate, you may visit another dealer.

2016, 2017 and 2018 Corvettes are eligible.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:45 PM
budgreen3564
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 238 Likes on 128 Posts

Go to Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine
Old 09-19-2017, 09:42 AM
Godsvett
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by HogwildC7
I went into Graff Chevy in Grand Priarie Texas. I had my GM Military Authorization code. They told me they don't give military discounts to Veterans and my code is no good. Wanted to charge me more than $5k on deal we had agreed too.

Has GM stop letting Veterans use the discount? Why is all this support for Veterans on commercials? The dealers are getting to unethical to even do business with. And they lie with a straight face.
Go to Vandergriff Chevy in Arlington on east I-20 just east of cooper st and ask for Lebrandon. I think he's off today though
Old 09-19-2017, 10:00 AM
MacMulkin
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 4,105 Likes on 919 Posts

The Military discount is actually GM Supplier pricing discount. We don't do it, because our discounts are better than GM Supplier pricing.

Corvette Sales & Incentives

Old 09-19-2017, 02:53 PM
Frosty
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 155 Posts

They have not stopped giving military discounts to veterans, just changed some criteria. One can still qualify for the military discount if you are retired from the military, but you can no longer qualify for a discount based on veterans status unless you have separated within one year. One used to be able to qualify if you were a veteran but now they have that caveat.

The military discount is about equivalent to the GMS discount.

Last edited by Frosty; 09-19-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:46 PM
Gvnski
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Dealers are not required to honor GM's Military Discount. Go to Jerry's GM in Weatherford they honor the discount, see Michael Baird.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:59 PM
HogwildC7
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Gvnski
Dealers are not required to honor GM's Military Discount. Go to Jerry's GM in Weatherford they honor the discount, see Michael Baird.
Just went to Jerrys and got a 2017 GS with $10k off. While Graff was emailing me wanting me to come get there car. I sent them a picture of my new one.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:49 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,074 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Common misconception. Many think the S is Supplier, but it is not. GMS is NOT supplier discount. GMS is employee discount. I've purchased many GM products using employee discount (my dad was Chevy Production Engineering manager) and you get a GMS certificate/number for employee discount. I think the supplier discount is GMU.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:46 AM
ddo_texas
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I found working with Graff was worthless. Their discounts were not what they told me and I was pre-approved. Went elsewhere and saved a bunch of money.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:42 PM
HogwildC7
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Military Program
Chevrolet and it’s dealers proudly offer the men and women who proudly support our country with a military discount to Active Duty members, Reservists, National Guard members, Veterans within one year of discharge date and Retirees – including their spouses – of the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard.

Can I receive this discount from any GM Dealer?
This program is available through all participating U.S. GM Dealers and is voluntary on the part of the dealers. Dealer participation is on a vehicle line basis. Please inform your dealer of your intention to use the GM Military Discount during your first contact with your dealer. If your dealer elects not to participate, you may visit another dealer.

2016, 2017 and 2018 Corvettes are eligible.
I talked to GM HQ and they stated dealer should have honored discount. Since I show d them I was a veteran. The dealer told GM I never showed them I was a Veteran and my VA I'd card does not mean anything. So one minute they say no I didn't show proof, the next minute they say my VA card is no good.

I let the VA administration know and they are not please as well as GM. I will never shop at Graff Chevy and recommend that no one else goes thier.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:44 PM
HogwildC7
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ddo_texas
I found working with Graff was worthless. Their discounts were not what they told me and I was pre-approved. Went elsewhere and saved a bunch of money.
Graff, Clay Cooley and Friendly are worthless. They are making many who are interested in Vettes not buy them. Friendly has 8 new 2016's. Now I know why!

Get notified of new replies

To Military Discount

Old 09-21-2017, 08:15 AM
Apocolips
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

Military Program

Do you meet the requirements?
Old 09-21-2017, 08:34 AM
Frosty
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Common misconception. Many think the S is Supplier, but it is not. GMS is NOT supplier discount. GMS is employee discount. I've purchased many GM products using employee discount (my dad was Chevy Production Engineering manager) and you get a GMS certificate/number for employee discount. I think the supplier discount is GMU.
I don't know what GMU pricing is, but...

GMS is indeed the acronym which refers to an employee of a company that has been qualified and certified by GM as a designated "Supplier" to GM. There is a web site where company eligibility can be determined.

The other major employee qualification category discount is GM Family First which covers a broad span of the following who are eligible:

Active GM employees, retirees, surviving spouses and divestitures are eligible to take advantage of the GM Employee Discount or sponsor the following purchasers: their spouse, children, stepchildren, grandchildren, stepgrandchildren, grandparents (including in-law and step), parents, stepparents, siblings (including full, half and step), mother-/father-in-law, sons-/daughters-in-law, brothers-/sisters-in-law, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews. Same-sex domestic partners (SSDP) of eligible participants also qualify, where applicable.

I have seen from time to time, seen dealers advertise pricing "equivalent" to GMS. In other words GMS pricing for everyone.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:56 AM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

GM has not. Dealer may have.

Quick Reply: Military Discount