Valet parking adventure

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 10:20 AM
Jedi-Jurist
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 72 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by red62vette
Several years ago I drove my Explorer to a work offsite at the Resort at Squaw Creek at Lake Tahoe. I gave my car to the valet to park for the night, and when I picked it up the next day the entire side of the truck was bashed in. Not just a small dent - three panels. They claimed I delivered the car like that, and when I spoke to the GM of the resort he said "I'm gonna stick with my guys on this." F***ing complete liars and scumbags, but I had no recourse.
The only way to protect yourself if you absolutely MUST valet the car is to do a quick walkaround video with your phone to show no preexisting damage.

Last edited by Jedi-Jurist; 09-22-2017 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:40 AM
WelderGuy
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 98 Posts

It wasn't always this way. In the mid-1960s, I let the valet at a hotel in Atlanta park my Corvair. The next morning, they returned the car with significant front end damage, apologized for the inconvenience, and gave me a claim form describing the damage to give to the body shop of my choice when I got home. They paid the bill (several hundred '60s dollars) with no further ado, and even mailed me a discount good for my next visit.

Quick Reply: Valet parking adventure