C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

{ NEW * VARARAM * C7 * INTAKE } The newly released True Cold Air Intake SHIPS FREE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 09:46 PM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default { NEW * VARARAM * C7 * INTAKE } The newly released True Cold Air Intake SHIPS FREE!!!

See the bottom of this post for Sales promos and check back as they will change!

Follow us on Facebook for specials and new products!

Attention C7 Owners!
TCR-7 Features:

Ready to Ship! Performance Guarantee!

CLICK HERE TO ORDER OR GET MORE INFORMATION!

DON'T FORGET LIFT PADS!

**Current Sales-Special Buys**

MOST Manufacturers have what they call MAP (Minimum Advertised Pricing) Policies in place that prohibit us from advertising pricing below a certain point without jumping through hoops and making them chase us around. Those will be the companies you see the same product pricing from most every company. If you shoot us a PM or email we can more than likely get you some better pricing. Some other products without MAP we advertise the best pricing we have, but hey it never hurts to ask right?

Time constraints restrict our listings on the website, but chances are if you have seen it or want it, then we can get it. Send us a Private Message or Email and see what we can do for you!

Check out our Exhaust System Sales!

Check out our Cold Air Intake Sales!!

Check out our Suspension packages on Sale!

Check out our Brake Pads on Sale!

Race Star drag/street wheels on sale in C3-C7 Sizes. Email or PM for Pricing!

Last edited by WildVettes; 09-26-2017 at 09:50 PM.
            Old 09-27-2017, 01:52 PM
            corvetteflier
            Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

I was trying to figure out how the hell it gets outside air. Your picture answered that question--filter is exposed on the top to the hood/fender joint. So, in theory, either the OEM or any aftermarket could get the same outside air by using a dremel to make the same cut of the box. Clever, but seems easy to duplicate. Thanx for the pictures!
            Old 09-27-2017, 01:59 PM
            0WildVettes
            Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by corvetteflier
            I was trying to figure out how the hell it gets outside air. Your picture answered that question--filter is exposed on the top to the hood/fender joint. So, in theory, either the OEM or any aftermarket could get the same outside air by using a dremel to make the same cut of the box. Clever, but seems easy to duplicate. Thanx for the pictures!
            Well yeah and a high flow filter, patented larger higher flowing intake tube. People have been zip tying intakes since the C5 days but I still have a Vararam on every shop car we own.
            Old 09-27-2017, 02:05 PM
            spinkick
            Melting Slicks

Received 544 Likes on 324 Posts

I'm still not convinced the tube or stock air box doesn't allow enough volume as is. I think the gain is the aftermarket filter and possibly the crack in the hood
            Old 09-27-2017, 02:06 PM
            0WildVettes
            Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by spinkick
            I'm still not convinced the tube or stock air box doesn't allow enough volume as is. I think the gain is the aftermarket filter and possibly the crack in the hood
            Well we have an ECS on the shop car we are going to try and adapt so I will post up any gains over stock.
            Old 09-27-2017, 02:09 PM
            corvetteflier
            Burning Brakes

Yeah, and hollowing out mufflers...Not a knock on the VR, and the other benefits you mention are worth considering. My comment was only about the source of outside air, which you answered. When we get some real time feedback, I may even consider it. If so, I'll get it from you.
            Old 09-27-2017, 02:15 PM
            0WildVettes
            Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Yeah, and hollowing out mufflers...Not a knock on the VR, and the other benefits you mention are worth considering. My comment was only about the source of outside air, which you answered. When we get some real time feedback, I may even consider it. If so, I'll get it from you.
            We will keep you posted. I have no personal experience with this intake yet but we have had numerous setups with the B2s and SC1s and have always been very pleased with the results, so I am hoping that continues with these.
            Old 09-27-2017, 02:17 PM
            \Boost Monkey/
            Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 417 Posts

So, in theory, either the OEM or any aftermarket could get the same outside air by using a dremel to make the same cut of the box. Clever, but seems easy to duplicate.

Not correct.

The other brands and even the OEM are lower at the top, so the whole top is at the same elevation as where you see the word "Vararam" on all others and OEM.

On this intake filter housing, you see how it raises in a triangle shape towards the fender (the part that says "true cold air")? You also see the black foam triangle on top corner (kinda by the alternator)? That is what allows the housing to seal itself against the fender ridge and pull air from the hood to fender gap, yet stay sealed off from the engine bay's hot air. This intake creates a fully sealed section to pull from the outside.

If you dremel a hole on any part of the top of the OEM or any other aftermarket intake, all you will be doing is drawing in extremely hot air from the engine compartment (same as an open filter would do in this location). It would be not even close to the same thing as what this intake is/does.
            The following users liked this post:
            Z06NJ (09-28-2017)
            Old 09-27-2017, 10:21 PM
            0WildVettes
            Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Bump
            Old 09-28-2017, 06:09 PM
            corvetteflier
            Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by \Boost Monkey/
            Not correct.

The other brands and even the OEM are lower at the top, so the whole top is at the same elevation as where you see the word "Vararam" on all others and OEM.

On this intake filter housing, you see how it raises in a triangle shape towards the fender (the part that says "true cold air")? You also see the black foam triangle on top corner (kinda by the alternator)? That is what allows the housing to seal itself against the fender ridge and pull air from the hood to fender gap, yet stay sealed off from the engine bay's hot air. This intake creates a fully sealed section to pull from the outside.

If you dremel a hole on any part of the top of the OEM or any other aftermarket intake, all you will be doing is drawing in extremely hot air from the engine compartment (same as an open filter would do in this location). It would be not even close to the same thing as what this intake is/does.
            I see what you're saying. The raised portion by the opened top seals it to the hood. I suppose you could Mickey Mouse something, but the design is clever.
            Old 09-28-2017, 07:06 PM
            z edge
            Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
            Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

how difficult are these to install?
            Old 09-28-2017, 07:46 PM
            0WildVettes
            Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by z edge
            how difficult are these to install?
            I haven't personally installed one yet, so I can't tell you for sure. Shouldn't be terribly complicated from what I can see in the photos.

Get notified of new replies

To { NEW * VARARAM * C7 * INTAKE } The newly released True Cold Air Intake SHIPS FREE!!!

Quick Reply: { NEW * VARARAM * C7 * INTAKE } The newly released True Cold Air Intake SHIPS FREE!!!