Sponsored by:

X-pipe + stock axleback vs X-pipe w/ aftermarket axleback

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 01:39 PM
accely
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default X-pipe + stock axleback vs X-pipe w/ aftermarket axleback

Looking for input for those who have experienced different exhaust combinations.

Context: Stock 17' Z06 was too quite for me, only at WOT was it ok but overall not deep enough grumble at idle, rev, etc.

First, I added Borla ATAK, gave it a crazy loud WOT which I liked but overall you wouldnt know anything was added with it sitting at idle or low cruising speeds.

Next step I added borla xpipe, and WOW now it's yelling like a demon at WOT and the idle sounds AMAZING, very deep and throaty. My problem now is the WOT is too loud in my opinion, i'm talking ears are ringing for 10-15 minutes after a hard WOT acceleration.

What I'm thinking now is if i kept the Borla Xpipe and put the stock axle back exhaust back on I would keep the deep throaty sound from the xpipe and tone down the WOT due to stock axle back. This is similar to what I did on my hellcat I think, stock exhaust with basically straight Xpipe to replace mid mufflers.

Anyone else done only the Xpipe and think that's a good middle ground? Does it achieve what I'm thinking it will? or ultimately I may end up keeping the xpipe and swapping the borla ATAK down to a quieter axle back exhaust, but louder than stock, maybe Borla Sport or other....

let me know what you think!

Dan
Old 10-13-2017, 01:44 PM
PolishDude
Le Mans Master

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

I think just an X-Pipe is pretty common modification on a Z06 or any C7 variation. I have just a Corsa X-Pipe on my Z06 and love how it screams at WOT and even sounds good at just normal cruising, pretty quiet at idle though unless it's a cold start. I am trying a magnaflow exhaust to see how I like it although I will lose the ability to quiet it down. I used to have just Bullets on my C6, no other modification and loved that sound, hoping to get a similar result.

Quick Reply: X-pipe + stock axleback vs X-pipe w/ aftermarket axleback