Sponsored by:

Just ordered 2018 Ceramic Matrix Gray

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 02:59 PM
Judgment Day
Burning Brakes

Received 218 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Red-C6 of Jax
Probably not enough orders. I saw a CG Z06 coup at the dealer and I can see why a Vert with blue top will be awesome.
Not enough orders? They didn't even give it time to see if it was able to sell

Though I am curious on the stats for all of the ordered colors and options. We should get that information very soon since the 2018 MY lasted about as long as Cop Rock.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:19 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,072 Likes on 6,171 Posts

Originally Posted by stillcrazy
me.
So it's a wait and see, game I get that. My main question is, my order is in, but will the car get built before the 19 production begins. As I understand it this color is the basis for the carbon 65 special edition and that car will not be produced in 19 model year.
Again, at this point nobody knows. While the carbon 65 special edition may not be offered in 2019 MY, that does not mean that ceramic gray will not continue into the 2019 MY.

You'll know in about 4 weeks. Final 2018 order submission is Nov 16th. If your dealer can't place your order against an allocation that allows ceramic gray by that time, you will not get a 2018. Normally, any orders in the system after the final order submission are cancelled and have to be re-entered for the next model year.

What dealer did you order from? The large Corvette volume dealers will have a better chance of getting you your car than a small local dealer.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:14 PM
stillcrazy
Burning Brakes

Received 194 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Again, at this point nobody knows. While the carbon 65 special edition may not be offered in 2019 MY, that does not mean that ceramic gray will not continue into the 2019 MY.

You'll know in about 4 weeks. Final 2018 order submission is Nov 16th. If your dealer can't place your order against an allocation that allows ceramic gray by that time, you will not get a 2018. Normally, any orders in the system after the final order submission are cancelled and have to be re-entered for the next model year.

What dealer did you order from? The large Corvette volume dealers will have a better chance of getting you your car than a small local dealer.
ZYMURGY, order has been submitted and I have a tracking number. Now I just have to wait until my color comes off restraints.YIPPI Thank you

Last edited by stillcrazy; 10-20-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:15 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

ZYMURGY, order has been submitted and I have a tracking number. Now I just have to wait until my color comes off restraints.YIPPI Thank you
Order number means nothing. All that means is that your order has been entered into the GM order system. Your order will sit at 1100 until your dealer get an allocation that allows all of your options. If that does not happen by Nov 16th, you will not be getting a 2018. When your order is at 1100, it not worth much more than the paper it is printed on. When your order is assigned to an appropriate allocation, your order will move to 2000. At that point, GM has accepted your order and it will almost certainly get built.

Read this sticky thread if you haven't already: Ordering a Corvette - Allocations and Constraints Explained
Old 10-21-2017, 02:53 PM
Perf n Restore
Racer

Received 182 Likes on 79 Posts

Which Dealer?
Salesman?
Old 10-21-2017, 03:27 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Received 587 Likes on 518 Posts

Congrats.

-Josh
Old 10-21-2017, 08:55 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,441 Likes on 2,270 Posts

I just saw one of these in the flesh a couple weeks ago at the Eureka Springs Corvette gathering. Pics of this color never did anything for me, but this is a color that pics don't do justice.

The car in the flesh looked great. Neat color.

OP - good luck on your order; hope you can get it.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:23 PM
stillcrazy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OnPoint
I just saw one of these in the flesh a couple weeks ago at the Eureka Springs Corvette gathering. Pics of this color never did anything for me, but this is a color that pics don't do justice.

The car in the flesh looked great. Neat color.

OP - good luck on your order; hope you can get it.
That makes two of us. thanks
Old 10-21-2017, 09:31 PM
stillcrazy
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=Zymurgy;1595807934]Order number means nothing. All that means is that your order has been entered into the GM order system. Your order will sit at 1100 until your dealer get an allocation that allows all of your options. If that does not happen by Nov 16th, you will not be getting a 2018. When your order is at 1100, it not worth much more than the paper it is printed on. When your order is assigned to an appropriate allocation, your order will move to 2000. At that point, GM has accepted your order and it will almost certainly get built.

Read this sticky thread if you haven't already: Ordering a Corvette - Allocations and Constraints Explained
[/QUOT

Zymurgy
Yep I knew all that ,but did go back and read your explanation, thank you again. I know people who were told by the dealer that they had sent the order in, only to be told that in fact the dealer was waiting because he had no allocation. So the fact it's in the system is encouraging.
Now something for you to mull over and give me your best guess. Customer service called my dealer and doubled check to make sure I wanted that car and color. I am thinking they wanted to make sure before they put it into the system for production, what's you opinion.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:36 PM
stillcrazy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Perf n Restore
Which Dealer?
Salesman?
Rydell chevy, good people, Armon, was the sales person. He's new but was trying hard and with my help got threw the process without a hitch.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:08 PM
DWS44
Melting Slicks

Received 683 Likes on 444 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Customer service called my dealer and doubled check to make sure I wanted that car and color. I am thinking they wanted to make sure before they put it into the system for production, what's you opinion.
Rydell chevy, good people, Armon, was the sales person. He's new but was trying hard and with my help got threw the process without a hitch.
No offense, but if the dealer needed me to teach them how to place my Vette order, I'd be a little nervous, especially if I was trying to shoehorn an order through last minute with a potentially low run color combination. Especially if it was different enough from their typical orders that it made GM call the dealer and say "Are you sure about this?"

This seems like one of those situations where you might be better off with the clout of one of the high-volume Corvette dealers backing your order if you don't have a non-refundable deposit riding on the current order.

Either way, I do hope it does go well, sounds like it will be a beautiful Vette!
Old 10-21-2017, 10:30 PM
stillcrazy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DWS44
No offense, but if the dealer needed me to teach them how to place my Vette order, I'd be a little nervous, especially if I was trying to shoehorn an order through last minute with a potentially low run color combination. Especially if it was different enough from their typical orders that it made GM call the dealer and say "Are you sure about this?"

This seems like one of those situations where you might be better off with the clout of one of the high-volume Corvette dealers backing your order if you don't have a non-refundable deposit riding on the current order.

Either way, I do hope it does go well, sounds like it will be a beautiful Vette!
I have confidence in the dealer. He's not one of the big three, but he's not on the bottom either. I made sure the sales person doted the I's and crossed the T's, I have ordered before, got my 15 from them and had to order that one. So I am happy at this point. The deal was great, the dealer really wanted our business. I do have a refundable deposit and If I smell a rat I will get it back. Then call Mike Furman
Old 10-22-2017, 10:39 AM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

My dealer has a Matrix Gray Red interior convertible. L

ooks great!!!
Old 10-22-2017, 11:32 AM
Bassassin
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

I really like this color and all the character it shows in different light conditions. It’s going to look great with the blue top.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:04 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,673 Likes on 5,585 Posts

I kept an open mind as to my opinion on this color. And I've seen it in the flesh in several different light settings, both natural and artificial, and just can't bring myself to like it in any.

Of course, as per the above, some like it and that's GOOD as it would be a pretty boring C7 world if we all only liked red, black and white.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:33 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Order number means nothing. All that means is that your order has been entered into the GM order system. Your order will sit at 1100 until your dealer get an allocation that allows all of your options. If that does not happen by Nov 16th, you will not be getting a 2018. When your order is at 1100, it not worth much more than the paper it is printed on. When your order is assigned to an appropriate allocation, your order will move to 2000. At that point, GM has accepted your order and it will almost certainly get built.

Zymurgy
Yep I knew all that ,but did go back and read your explanation, thank you again. I know people who were told by the dealer that they had sent the order in, only to be told that in fact the dealer was waiting because he had no allocation. So the fact it's in the system is encouraging.
Now something for you to mull over and give me your best guess. Customer service called my dealer and doubled check to make sure I wanted that car and color. I am thinking they wanted to make sure before they put it into the system for production, what's you opinion.
Customer Service has absolutely NOTHING to do with the order process. My best guess - whoever told you this, either Customer Service or your dealer/salesperson, is blowing smoke.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:45 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,096 Likes on 1,732 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

Originally Posted by kevin a jones
i kept an open mind as to my opinion on this color. And i've seen it in the flesh in several different light settings, both natural and artificial, and just can't bring myself to like it in any.

Of course, as per the above, some like it and that's good as it would be a pretty boring c7 world if we all only liked red, black and white.

NO IT WILL NOT!

Last edited by Always Red Dave; 10-22-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Just ordered 2018 Ceramic Matrix Gray

Old 10-22-2017, 12:52 PM
Verboten993
Pro

Received 138 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Nice.

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
My dealer has a Matrix Gray Red interior convertible. L

ooks great!!!
Needs a red top!
Old 10-22-2017, 01:00 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,673 Likes on 5,585 Posts

Originally Posted by Always Red Dave
no it will not!
Well, if there was only one color offered "Red" would probably be the most appreciate for "America's Sport Car".

GM would probably like only having to produce one color.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:02 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

The early Corvettes were only offered in one color and it was NOT red. It was white.

Quick Reply: Just ordered 2018 Ceramic Matrix Gray