Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mylink Problems

Old 10-21-2017, 03:14 PM
kaplana08
Pro

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Mylink Problems

Having a problem with Bluetooth. 2016 corvette.. When making a call I get a voice response that says..Cannot execute phone command at this time. But call does go through on cell phone. But vehicle screen does not show call and no audio comes through the radio speakers nor can I talk into the mic. Same problem with incoming calls. If I try pairing the phone again after a few tries it may start to work again. Can we update the Mylink system without the dealer ?. Did anyone have a problem like this. I did have an update done by the dealer to stop the radio from turning on every time I start the vehicle. I am wondering if that update caused this problem.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:23 PM
buckeye4
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 118 Posts

I had the same problem on my 2017. Here is the temporary fix comment I have prepared for a old post. There is a software update I had done last week for the permanent fix.The GM bulletin is 17-NA-025.

"My dealership Corvette Tech cleared the problem today. GM is working on the permanent software fix but can be temporary repaired by Selecting Settings from the Radio Home Screen- Return to Factory Settings- Clear All Private Data. You will need to pair previous paired devices and update phone and audio settings. Problem is across all GM 2016 and 2017 models. My tech gave me the GM document #PIC6216C which covers the problem."

Last edited by buckeye4; 10-21-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:57 AM
kaplana08
Pro

Originally Posted by buckeye4
I had the same problem on my 2017. Here is the temporary fix comment I have prepared for a old post. There is a software update I had done last week for the permanent fix.The GM bulletin is 17-NA-025.

"My dealership Corvette Tech cleared the problem today. GM is working on the permanent software fix but can be temporary repaired by Selecting Settings from the Radio Home Screen- Return to Factory Settings- Clear All Private Data. You will need to pair previous paired devices and update phone and audio settings. Problem is across all GM 2016 and 2017 models. My tech gave me the GM document #PIC6216C which covers the problem."
17 NA 025 was the update they did for me because my radio would come on by itself. Well the update fixed the radio problem but it created the Bluetooth problem. Bluetooth always worked perfectly until I did that update. With software GM seems to be shooting in the dark..
Old 10-22-2017, 09:15 AM
Don C1
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Had the same problem too. The temporary fix above did not solve my issue. The solution for me was to also delete the Mylink app from my phone as well and then reinstall the app then pair new device
Old 10-22-2017, 06:45 PM
kaplana08
Pro

Originally Posted by Don C1
Had the same problem too. The temporary fix above did not solve my issue. The solution for me was to also delete the Mylink app from my phone as well and then reinstall the app then pair new device
Thanks guys for the inputs

Get notified of new replies

To Mylink Problems

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mylink Problems