Things no one tells you about driving a Corvette

Old 11-19-2017, 07:15 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

Originally Posted by Blue666's
That'll buff right out.
This is such a ridiculous remark, but it makes me laugh every time. lol.

Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas
Wow. I am very shocked their was no airbag deployment. If that does not warrant an airbag deployment, I am not sure what would.

As for Drunk drivers...they don't learn. If that drunk driver died, then that would be one less person to worry about taking out other people in the future. Drunk driving should be a lifetime driving ban.
Totally!! And prevent them driving mopeds. That is stupid that the law allows that. They can still cause accidents they are on the road!!

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 11-20-2017 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-Please use the Multi-Quote button (the middle icon) in the lower right hand corner to make your responses look like this!
Old 11-19-2017, 08:37 AM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 917 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by ~Stingray
Totally!! And prevent them driving mopeds. That is stupid that the law allows that. They can still cause accidents they are on the road!!
When you lose your license, in most states, you can’t drive any vehicle on a road. Not even a lawnmower. If it has an engine, you need to stick to private property.

So basically you can ride a bicycle or walk.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:46 AM
ironman77
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

He should have called Geico, he could have saved 15 percent
Old 11-19-2017, 09:48 AM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by ~Stingray
I think AZ99FRC said it best:

This is complete and total bullshit. This country is full of one time DUI's who learned their lesson and never have done it again. It's also full of former problem drinkers who have quit for long periods of time and learned to live happily without alcohol (35 yrs in my case) Not everyone is alike or deserves to be painted with the same brush.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:52 AM
ironman77
Instructor

It is simple, lay off the beer when you are out and about, if you want to get plastered stay at home off the road
Old 11-20-2017, 12:06 PM
ironman77
Instructor

There is no damn excuse to drink then drive!!!
People who do that needs to be in jail!
There is no excuse to put people s life at risk to drink beer and be gassed, stay home and be stupid on your own property not in public
Old 11-20-2017, 03:08 PM
saleen556
Le Mans Master

Received 2,202 Likes on 1,193 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas
I don't feel drunk driving is an accident. It is an intentional act. I saw a drunk driver take out a woman on a Saturday afternoon right in front of her husband. I think people need to take responsibilities for their actions. It is clear our laws are not strong enough on this subject.

With regards to the Corvette and the sensors not being triggered...at what point should it have been triggered?
I agree. If people had no intention of driving after drinking they wouldn't have there vehicle with them. I agree the temptation is there after drinking because your not thinking straight. However if one plans well it's not that difficult.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:06 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by saleen556
I agree. If people had no intention of driving after drinking they wouldn't have there vehicle with them. I agree the temptation is there after drinking because your not thinking straight. However if one plans well it's not that difficult.
The point ALL posts like this fail to understand is that the LAW is unfortunately NOT black and white on the issue.

As long as the "official" limit is a .08, and not something like .02 (which in my state is an "unofficial limit, at the officers discretion") you can't just say things like that.

Until we change the law to have ZERO wiggle room, we are giving people the OK to have 1 or 2 drinks and get in a car (as long as they are not impaired, which varies from person to person).

Are we willing to say that a person who has a beer with dinner is now a drunk (legally speaking)? Do you know that the statement you're making is just that? If so, you need to change the law.

Currently I wish you well, because the alcohol industry will not want to change the whole "have a drink with dinner and you're fine" culture.

I feel with the current law it is UNFAIR to punish people who are under 3 drinks in a night, regardless of BAC. I feel if we want to have the law be fair it should be black and white, which would be a BAC of .02. No human being can drink a drink and keep their BAC under .02 for the first hour. It's physically not possible. It would require you to wait 90 minutes PER DRINK you consumed before driving. This mean, 2 drinks, 3 hours, 3 drinks, 4.5 hours. Guess what, if you're driving you are only having 1 or ZERO drinks under this system. And that 1 is conditional you know you'll be somewhere for over 2 hours!
Old 11-20-2017, 06:01 PM
ironman77
Instructor

They should be zero tolerance for drinking then driving!
People say they can handle it until they hit a tree or someone
Old 11-20-2017, 06:13 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ironman77
They should be zero tolerance for drinking then driving!
People say they can handle it until they hit a tree or someone
Then get the law changed. Right now there IS a tolerance. This is the issue. If the law was not this way many many people would never "chance it" thinking they are under the limit.

I know many people who have driven home just fine, and I know people who have hit things. Surprisingly the guys who have hit things, not that many drinks (but also not big drinkers). The point is, a limit is arbitrary unless it is very very low. Right now it ISN'T low enough.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:26 PM
Soonere39
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by thirtythird
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.
Thanks, Spicoli.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:24 PM
ironman77
Instructor

Taking a strong drink is a sin
Old 11-20-2017, 07:46 PM
mdiiulio
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by defaria

No you didn't slip and fall into the driver's seat. But that's pretty much irrelevant and you know it.
Yeah, thats actually completely relevant. Without someone making the choice to enter their car in an inebriated (to any degree) state, they are committing a willful act. There is intent to operate the vehicle in a manner that is against the law. I've know people who've received a DUI after going to their car, getting into the back seat, and then going to sleep because they know they've had too much. Police officer found them, ran the FST's, and boom, DUI charge. THAT is an example of no intent.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:39 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mdiiulio
Yeah, thats actually completely relevant. Without someone making the choice to enter their car in an inebriated (to any degree) state, they are committing a willful act. There is intent to operate the vehicle in a manner that is against the law. I've know people who've received a DUI after going to their car, getting into the back seat, and then going to sleep because they know they've had too much. Police officer found them, ran the FST's, and boom, DUI charge. THAT is an example of no intent.
Except how do you define inebriated. The only way to make that a clear cut definition is to lower the limit to .02 or less.

And if someone is sleeping in the back seat of a car and gets a DUI that law needs to be changed. Sitting in the front seat, fine, but any other seat. Absolutely unacceptable.

Originally Posted by ironman77
Taking a strong drink is a sin
Not to everyone, there is a reason prohibition failed in this country.

It also created organized crime, but the teetotalers don't want you to know that.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 11-20-2017 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-Please use the Multi-Quote button (the middle icon) in the lower right hand corner to make your responses look like this!
Old 11-20-2017, 09:22 PM
ironman77
Instructor

I drink beer at home and do not drive, I do not get drunk or get buzzed.
Only a damn fool drinks then drives
Old 11-21-2017, 02:44 AM
lostsoul
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 944 Likes on 558 Posts

Even after a few drinks I drive better then many in Cali. Its all Chaos.. We allow millions of illegals on the roads. Many legal and non that cant read or understand the signs, Pot smokers galore , people on their phone catching up to DUIs. driver less cars crashing and so on.

again, full on smashed is one thing.. drink or 2.. HA. Jerry Brown is making me pay 12 cents more a gallon. That should allow me to drive .12!
Old 11-21-2017, 08:12 AM
vbdenny
Drifting

Received 391 Likes on 279 Posts

Still trying to determine who drives worse, drunk drivers or terrible drivers.
The following users liked this post:
LT1 Z51 (11-21-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Things no one tells you about driving a Corvette

Old 11-24-2017, 08:09 PM
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17

Old 11-24-2017, 10:26 PM
ironman77
Instructor

To much beer again
Old 11-24-2017, 11:01 PM
lostsoul
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 944 Likes on 558 Posts

that looks like a Disney cars version of me on top of the wife.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Things no one tells you about driving a Corvette