Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

bump for those installing our splitters
Old 02-12-2018, 10:13 AM
MrGary2011
Burning Brakes

Received 233 Likes on 109 Posts

So, I have a question? First I really don't like the idea of drilling a whole bunch of new holes when I can use existing mounting bolts underneath and then drill a lot less. Maybe I am missing something here. Mine came with only a few holes drilled. Does anybody have a trick to find out where to mark the hole locations, the drill and use most of the existing mounting points? Maybe it is easier to just drill new holes.
Also, I see many get damaged and wonder if I need to replace some day how hard is it to get the rivets out? Thanks for any help. my spoiler is sitting on the ground right now in front of the car. I am almost thinking of buying the Z06 grill, remove the bumper and prep the bumper and spoiler with mounting points. Good excuse to the the Z06 grill.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:28 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by MrGary2011
So, I have a question? First I really don't like the idea of drilling a whole bunch of new holes when I can use existing mounting bolts underneath and then drill a lot less. Maybe I am missing something here. Mine came with only a few holes drilled. Does anybody have a trick to find out where to mark the hole locations, the drill and use most of the existing mounting points? Maybe it is easier to just drill new holes.
Also, I see many get damaged and wonder if I need to replace some day how hard is it to get the rivets out? Thanks for any help. my spoiler is sitting on the ground right now in front of the car. I am almost thinking of buying the Z06 grill, remove the bumper and prep the bumper and spoiler with mounting points. Good excuse to the the Z06 grill.
To clarify, you ARE using the existing bolts. The issue is the existing bolts do not do a good enough job of holding the splitter up flush and an even worse job at speed with the added wind downforce. Therefore extra support is necessary.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:40 PM
MrGary2011
Burning Brakes

Received 233 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
To clarify, you ARE using the existing bolts. The issue is the existing bolts do not do a good enough job of holding the splitter up flush and an even worse job at speed with the added wind downforce. Therefore extra support is necessary.
Thanks, I see you point! I have a different one that is more competition style, large flat area underneath. Looks some holes and riveting are to be done.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:49 PM
JumpingJackFlash
Account disabled by request 1 Mar 2018

Received 79 Likes on 44 Posts

Nice write-up FE. Nice add on to. How much total $$$ do you think this add-on would cost for all parts used here? Also, curious about that heat exchanger you have on the bottom tray. That’s not stock OEM for a StingRay is it? What’s that all about?
Old 02-12-2018, 02:29 PM
Merkur
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for the write-up. Tagged for latter..
Old 02-12-2018, 06:56 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by JumpingJackFlash
Nice write-up FE. Nice add on to. How much total $$$ do you think this add-on would cost for all parts used here? Also, curious about that heat exchanger you have on the bottom tray. That’s not stock OEM for a StingRay is it? What’s that all about?
Hard to say on the pricing aspect. I have was the test bed for this to get the instructions written so I’m not the best use case on pricing lol.

That heat exchanger you see is my blower intercooler.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:14 PM
JumpingJackFlash

Hard to say on the pricing aspect. I have was the test bed for this to get the instructions written so I’m not the best use case on pricing lol.

That heat exchanger you see is my blower intercooler.
I am aware of the many excellent tech write-ups that you have done on this forum. Kudos to you. It sure would be a nice to know if you could include some pricing info if possible. I think it would aid in helping members decide the costs associated with the project you are working on and help them budget for thier projects should they decide to do the same as you. Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work. Many appreciate what you are doing.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:57 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by JumpingJackFlash
I am aware of the many excellent tech write-ups that you have done on this forum. Kudos to you. It sure would be a nice to know if you could include some pricing info if possible. I think it would aid in helping members decide the costs associated with the project you are working on and help them budget for thier projects should they decide to do the same as you. Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work. Many appreciate what you are doing.
Thanks man, I try! Since these parts are specific to JWM, I know he has posted pricing for the skirts and the splitter in prior posts above. As for things like pricing on the hardware, not much. If you budget $20 on hardware you’d be fine. For the whole job, you can get away with both the sides and the front for less than about $700 I believe in carbon fiber.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:15 PM
JumpingJackFlash

Thanks man, I try! Since these parts are specific to JWM, I know he has posted pricing for the skirts and the splitter in prior posts above. As for things like pricing on the hardware, not much. If you budget $20 on hardware you’d be fine. For the whole job, you can get away with both the sides and the front for less than about $700 I believe in carbon fiber.
That’s a bargain when you consider that GM is charging $4000 new and installed on a newly ordered vehicle (RPO:CFV). The only difference is that figure also includes a Stage 2 splitter and spoiler.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:57 AM
Diesel88
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Default craftsmanship?

Curious to know how well are these made and look compared to the more expensive front splitters? They do look good on your car and great write up, thanks. Can you tell the difference between this and the factory stage 2 splitter?
Old 02-13-2018, 09:43 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Diesel88
Curious to know how well are these made and look compared to the more expensive front splitters? They do look good on your car and great write up, thanks. Can you tell the difference between this and the factory stage 2 splitter?
Well, I don’t have a factory stage 2 splitter to compare with, but that would not be a fair comparison honestly. You cannot expect an aftermarket part to fit/look like OEM. A fair comparison would be to compare it to other aftermarket vendor options, in which case the craftsmanship is great. I purchase the side skirts and was so impressed for the cost point that I bought the splitter too. I may at some point change it up and swap over to the JWM Z06 style side skirts (purely preference). Either way, you can’t go wrong.
The following users liked this post:
JW Motorsports (02-21-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 09:00 AM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Well, I don’t have a factory stage 2 splitter to compare with, but that would not be a fair comparison honestly. You cannot expect an aftermarket part to fit/look like OEM. A fair comparison would be to compare it to other aftermarket vendor options, in which case the craftsmanship is great. I purchase the side skirts and was so impressed for the cost point that I bought the splitter too. I may at some point change it up and swap over to the JWM Z06 style side skirts (purely preference). Either way, you can’t go wrong.
$349 for a splitter and $349 for skirts in carbon fiber is a steal!
Old 02-21-2018, 03:36 PM
\Boost Monkey/
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 417 Posts

349 for the Stage 2 splitter in CF?
Old 02-21-2018, 03:53 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by \Boost Monkey/
349 for the Stage 2 splitter in CF?
Correct

The side pieces are extra but the splitter is $349 shipped.

Get notified of new replies

To HOW TO: Installing JW Motorsports Stage 2 Front Splitter on a C7

Old 02-21-2018, 04:34 PM
VinceBlack
Racer

Received 138 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by JW Motorsports
$349 for a splitter and $349 for skirts in carbon fiber is a steal!
Any advise for installing the ABS Stage 2 Splitter with no pre-drilled holes? Seems nearly impossible since there are no pre-drilled holes on this thing.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:13 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by VinceBlack
Any advise for installing the ABS Stage 2 Splitter with no pre-drilled holes? Seems nearly impossible since there are no pre-drilled holes on this thing.
A trick I’ve heard from customers is to apply a small amount of paint to the bolts. Mock up the splitter to the bumper while still wet. They will leave a paint blob where you need to drill. Add a few more self tapping screws for additional support.
The following users liked this post:
MrGary2011 (02-21-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 06:19 PM
VinceBlack
Racer

Received 138 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by JW Motorsports
A trick I’ve heard from customers is to apply a small amount of paint to the bolts. Mock up the splitter to the bumper while still wet. They will leave a paint blob where you need to drill. Add a few more self tapping screws for additional support.

Thank you, I will definitely give that a try

Quick Reply: HOW TO: Installing JW Motorsports Stage 2 Front Splitter on a C7