Old 01-07-2018, 02:25 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by OntarioOrangeC3
No, they were within $500 of making a deal & he walked. Which he's entitled to do.
Let's face it, if he wanted the car bad enough he wouldn't have let $500 come in the way. Whether he wants to admit it or not, he wasn't a serious buyer for this car.
Hell, I'm banging my head trying to figure out what possessed him to post a thread on this nonsense.
Yup. At that price, $500 is pocket change.
The following users liked this post:
Skid Row Joe (01-07-2018)
Old 01-07-2018, 03:35 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,980 Likes on 2,880 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
I must have missed the happy ending. The last I heard he wasn't going back just so he could "teach" that bad, bad dealer a "lesson."

Of course, after generating all the righteous outrage against the Darth Vader of all dealers, it would have taken some guts to come back to this thread and announce that.
.....wonder if the OP, needed to "save face," on-forum here, after getting beat-up for his audacity in low-balling the dealer by $4K.....?
Old 01-07-2018, 03:42 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,980 Likes on 2,880 Posts

Originally Posted by gavinvr4
Search continues......let’s move on.
I value everyone’s opinion.
Consider EDITING your OP (Original Post) then, OP?

Members coming to the thread may still (be) responding to the OP (Original Post......)
Old 01-07-2018, 04:21 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,288 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
Consider EDITING your OP (Original Post) then, OP?

Members coming to the thread may still (be) responding to the OP (Original Post......)
Or ask a Mod to delete the entire mess of a thread.
Jmhornz71 (01-07-2018)
Old 01-07-2018, 04:25 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,921 Likes on 4,807 Posts

^^^^Good idea what a mess.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:59 PM
girardta
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Years ago, I was looking for a Nissan Z and noticed one on a lot owned by a car leasing company. I went in and talked to the salesman and got a price. Then I went home and looked at their ad in the newspaper - they were offering the car in the paper for $500 LESS than what they quoted to me in person.

I went back and confronted them and was told by the salesman he was unaware of the newspaper ad. I told him I'd be embarrassed to tell my friends that through my tough negotiating skills, I finally got them UP to more than what was advertised.

He dropped the price by a thousand bucks and I bought it.

A few years later, after the Z 370 came out, I was driving to the Nissan dealership to buy it. I was determined to have it equipped the way I wanted it. I had to go past the Chevy dealership and I saw a long row of Corvettes and decided to stop and have a look. I had a pre-conceived notion the 'Vettes were priced much higher than they actually were, and I realized I could get a 'Vette for a few thousand more than a Z - I had 4 Zs over the years and was a thorough devotee.

Long story short, I bought a 'Vette and am now on my second one.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:01 PM
pika
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by girardta
Years ago, I was looking for a Nissan Z and noticed one on a lot owned by a car leasing company. I went in and talked to the salesman and got a price. Then I went home and looked at their ad in the newspaper - they were offering the car in the paper for $500 LESS than what they quoted to me in person.

I went back and confronted them and was told by the salesman he was unaware of the newspaper ad. I told him I'd be embarrassed to tell my friends that through my tough negotiating skills, I finally got them UP to more than what was advertised.

He dropped the price by a thousand bucks and I bought it.

A few years later, after the Z 370 came out, I was driving to the Nissan dealership to buy it. I was determined to have it equipped the way I wanted it. I had to go past the Chevy dealership and I saw a long row of Corvettes and decided to stop and have a look. I had a pre-conceived notion the 'Vettes were priced much higher than they actually were, and I realized I could get a 'Vette for a few thousand more than a Z - I had 4 Zs over the years and was a thorough devotee.

Long story short, I bought a 'Vette and am now on my second one.
I went from Z to Z - 370Z to Z06
woodsguy (01-10-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 03:54 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Very interesting stories here. I have to agree that no matter what the offer, as long as it is made pleasantly, the salesman/dealer have no right to belittle or bully a customer. I think I may have started even lower with an offer.!

Years ago before the internet was as it is now, I was shopping for a car for my wife, the make will remain anonymous...

She was looking for a specific color (RED) and trim and it simply was not available except for one dealer pretty far from me. I called the dealer and the salesman said he had it in stock. I told him I had found the same model at a closer dealer but it was not my preferred color. He said great, come on in.

It was late in the day but we drove over and saw the car. Liked it and wanted to close the deal. They gave me a price that was substantially more that the other dealer. I told them that I could get the same car in a different color MUCH cheaper but my wife wants RED so maybe he could work with me a bit and made him an offer in the middle. He asked his sales manager who scoffed and said no. We added to the offer more and more but still no movement. Finally I said that since the wife wants the RED, just knock off one single dollar to make us feel good for driving all this way... he said NO!

Long story short, we loved our BLACK car !

In these days of internet, YouTube and tweeting and FB posting, I am astonished that anyone DARE act that way since they can be easily embarrassed or have their reputations destroyed with such behavior.

There are a lot of dealer in the sea. Sorry this happened to you. Make yourself feel better by finding a better deal somewhere else!
Old 01-09-2018, 10:21 PM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 620 Posts

I stumbled into this thread only because I noticed 248 posts & counting. I'll admit I certainly didn't have time to read all. Wow!!! Even tho it's over folks are still posting. I thought I was bored being retired, again-WOW!!! There are alot of lonely people on here. Just busting chops, no harm, no foul.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:59 PM
Chicago Bob
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by madrob2020
I stumbled into this thread only because I noticed 248 posts & counting. I'll admit I certainly didn't have time to read all. Wow!!! Even tho it's over folks are still posting. I thought I was bored being retired, again-WOW!!! There are alot of lonely people on here. Just busting chops, no harm, no foul.
Ummm...and you jus posted on the lonely hearts club thread.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:07 AM
at7000ft
Burning Brakes

Received 373 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by gavinvr4
Hello everyone thanks for visiting my post, I was just at the dealership today to check out a used 2016 Z06,
LT3 package, Z07 performance, competition seats.
Let me tell you this car is loaded, had 14k miles asking $66,400.
I know I had to work a deal so I shoot an offer of 62k, moments later used car sales manager comes in and asked “Are you serious about buying a car” then he chewed me out with an attitude because of my offers. He went on and said the NADA trade in value at 75k and bank will loan 125% of that. He then questions me “how did you came up with that numbers it is from the sky”. From this point on I felt wow What a genuine customer service, I literally
Felt like I was given a parenthood lessons. At the end he Reinstated that “the Internet price is the final price, do you want to buy it”. I shake my head then he took all the paper documents away from me and leave the room with a quote
”stop wasting my time”. Even the salesman apologize about his manager reaction. I now understands why people are dreadful with purchasing a vehicle.
That's enough to make someone call want to call Macmulkin and buy/order a new C7.

Quick Reply: What a dreadful day at the dealership