Well, after 15 years of only driving GM cars, I'm done. - Page 13 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Well, after 15 years of only driving GM cars, I'm done.

Notices
C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, after 15 years of only driving GM cars, I'm done.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:57 PM
Maxie2U
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,016 Times in 644 Posts

Originally Posted by Tsharpe27 View Post
I donít blame you. The GM dealers are really bad...the majority of them IMHO! I had a C6 2006 for 7 years. Experienced the rear end rumbling, which I fixed by changing the rear end fluid. Gas cap screw and I fixed thanks to a Forum memberís fix explained on the forum...yet GM spent thousands of dollars give C6 owners new gas caps when the fix was already described on this FORUM! Why donít they read this Forum?
Went through the flying off top issue too. Bottom line: after a few months of owning the car and experiencing the Chevy dealer personally and on thos Forum, I did all needed maintenance the rest of the time I owned the C6. For example, I went for my first oil change at the Chevy dealership and the mechanic asked me if I had any lift pucks as he could not find his to use to lift my car to change the oil. I got out of that place fast and changed my oil myself.
Almost all Chevy dealer service depts SUCK. AND, not to sound like a snob, who wants to wait with Malibu and Cruze owners why their $65K plus car is being fixed/serviced.

Now, I own a Lexus and will never buy from GM again, except for a GMC pickup!

Iím amazed that you have been to most of GM dealerships and found they all suck.

Talk about an absurd statement.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:26 PM
ONENATION
CF Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. Hopefully you have better success with your next vehicle
Old 01-11-2018, 10:42 PM
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member

To the OP I feel your pain I love Corvettes but I hate the Chevy dealership experience. What makes it even worse is owning Mercedes. My dealer experience with them and their products have been nearly flawless .
Old 01-11-2018, 10:50 PM
village idiot
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder View Post
To the OP I feel your pain I love Corvettes but I hate the Chevy dealership experience. What makes it even worse is owning Mercedes. My dealer experience with them and their products have been nearly flawless .
Yeah, it's really frustrating. I love the car, but can't go back to GM. I feel like they **** on me and gave me the finger on the way out. The dealership- meh. The one 30 min away is great. The two that are 10 min away both suck.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:00 PM
Skid Row Joe
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by village idiot View Post
The dealership- meh. The one 30 min away is great.
Which Chev. dealer? If it's Classic, I may go there for service and after, to thumb my nose at the /fruitcakes that are in sales in the Elite Section, that tried to scr#w me on pricing a new one. I heard their service is great.

If you go to Mercedes SL550 auto trans AMGs, I'm going to block you, VI.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:14 PM
MlwYlw
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Maxie2U View Post
Iím amazed that you have been to most of GM dealerships and found they all suck.

Talk about an absurd statement.
It's not impossible by any stretch of the imagination. Sorry, OP, frustrating deal. I can't say that I blame you. Porsche does run a tight ship.

I would pay the $15-25 and pursue small claims court. I'd also try to have a conversation with Mary Barra. You won't, they will turn you over to a grunt whose job is to make you go away ... hopefully happy. Surprised the lame GM Customer Circus rep that trolls this forum hasn't chimed in to offer support. That speaks volumes about their customer concern.

The GS wheels look great but likely cast in China. BMW and Porsche know how to make appealing wheels ... GM, not so much.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:51 AM
Skid Row Joe
CF Senior Member

I've bought and owned two NEW Corvettes now. Neither Chev. Dealership I bought from has impressed me positively enough to have any desire to fill out the GM Satisfaction Buyers Survey/Questionnaire. I'm not disappointed - I expected it....
Old 01-12-2018, 02:50 PM
KGrant
CF Senior Member

Make a HUGE Sign up and Highlight GM doesn't stand buy its coveted 3 month old Corvette Sports Car and stand on the LOCAL BUSIEST intersection and call the local print and tv news outlets and let them interview you and let people take pictures of you at the intersection and watch the exposure go viral, on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. I guarantee GM and the Dealer will React Swiftly at the Public Negative Publicity!
Old 01-12-2018, 09:53 PM
SugarDemon
CF Senior Member

2015 C5 of Year Finalist

Take the $500 and then set the dealership on fire some night.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:25 PM
SugarDemon
CF Senior Member

2015 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by SugarDemon View Post
Take the $500 and then set the dealership on fire some night.
I jest. However, did you ever sit down with the dealership owner, the service manager and the tech that apparently say that your cracked wheel is your fault, not theirs?

Listen, you're not going to get any satisfaction from some drone on the phone a thousand miles away with a three ring binder or menu that tries to put your complaint into some little box. Your best best is always with the dealership owner.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:13 PM
Chicago Bob
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by SugarDemon View Post
I jest. However, did you ever sit down with the dealership owner, the service manager and the tech that apparently say that your cracked wheel is your fault, not theirs?
OMG!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Well, after 15 years of only driving GM cars, I'm done.

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: