C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, after 15 years of only driving GM cars, I'm done.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 01:54 AM
Maxie2U
Le Mans Master

Received 4,133 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Originally Posted by spinkick
I love how others are weak and allow dealers to get away with things like this.

The guy's obviously been wronged, this is the next step. Send the dealer a nice note to start and go to small claims for the wheel and go from there. This is exactly what our legal system is set up for. He tried to solve it through GM. Its time to play ball. Its not like hes trying to get them to buy the car back. Have some ***** for gods sake.
So hiring a lawyer that will likely cost at least a thousand dollars in billable hours for what a $500 - $600 wheel is showing some *****? Try thinking with your brain instead of your *****.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:09 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,979 Likes on 2,880 Posts

Originally Posted by JGarland
This whole story sounds fishy.

Which dealer was it? You said it was Dallas?
How the h#ll would you know? You haven't read the thread...

If you'd read the damm thread it's mentioned umpteen times.......!
Old 01-05-2018, 07:27 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

A cracked wheel? Crap happens...maybe a pot hole cracked your rim...

Tires and rims are wear item...the new car warranty in those two areas are vague at best..

Just buy a new rim off the for sale section of this site.,,

I think a set of four wheels are 1400 dollars..

Change the rims color and or then send your busted rim to get repaired for 150 dollars if you really like the look..

Wheels of America fix rims ...with one day turn around..

I end up buying a pre owned set of rims either off this site or Craigslist every time I buy tires..which is every two years or 20k miles...

The roads are in great disrepair due to our overpaid government officials not doing their jobs...

Blaming GM is nonsense..

I write the towns I pass through on a daily basis a letter to fix their bad potholes..,and if a person does that...and the potholes aren't repaired.,you could if you want send that town the bill of the second occurance...but usually the DPW fixes the pothole because they know legally they are responsible once notified in writing..

I never sue the town...I just want the potholes fixed within a relatively short period of time,...

And then I send them a thank you note...most of which can be done on line these days..

Good luck
Old 01-05-2018, 07:54 AM
gurneyeagle
Burning Brakes

Received 630 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
A cracked wheel? Crap happens...maybe a pot hole cracked your rim...

Tires and rims are wear item...the new car warranty in those two areas are vague at best..

Just buy a new rim off the for sale section of this site.,,

I think a set of four wheels are 1400 dollars..

Change the rims color and or then send your busted rim to get repaired for 150 dollars if you really like the look..

Wheels of America fix rims ...with one day turn around..

I end up buying a pre owned set of rims either off this site or Craigslist every time I buy tires..which is every two years or 20k miles...

The roads are in great disrepair due to our overpaid government officials not doing their jobs...

Blaming GM is nonsense..

I write the towns I pass through on a daily basis a letter to fix their bad potholes..,and if a person does that...and the potholes aren't repaired.,you could if you want send that town the bill of the second occurance...but usually the DPW fixes the pothole because they know legally they are responsible once notified in writing..

I never sue the town...I just want the potholes fixed within a relatively short period of time,...

And then I send them a thank you note...most of which can be done on line these days..

Good luck

Ding, Ding, Ding!

We have a winner folks!

Absolute dumbest post in the thread yet once again proving my point many pages back questioning the reading comprehension skills of many in this group.

Even threw in a ridiculous political comment for bonus points!

Well played sir. Your "Make America Great Again" cap, Hawaiian shirt (two sizes too small), Ron Fellows autographed white socks, and Huaraches sandals are in the mail to you today.

Second place prize to WKM who threw in the sly comment on black versus chrome wheels. LED "Get off my lawn you damn kids" sign on its way as well.

And finally, to Jeffthunbird for his comment regarding how VW's are crap based on his experiences with a 20+ year old Beetle while in college - the collector VHS set of "Hogan's Heroes".

LOL!

HAPPY NEW YEAR Guys!

Last edited by gurneyeagle; 01-05-2018 at 08:25 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by gurneyeagle:
DWillys (01-05-2018), lifter213 (01-05-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 08:43 AM
JGarland
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe

Ive read the OP in two different threads.

Its not my job to read 8 pages of replies.

So if you cant answer a simple question, dont bother replying.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:02 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

VI,
Simple Q you chose not to answer: Have you called Mark Eddins, owner of Friendly Chev. Co. to discuss the matter. If not, why not?

*On edit: looks like OP, lawyered up.

Last edited by Skid Row Joe; 01-05-2018 at 01:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
gurneyeagle (01-05-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 09:42 AM
JGarland
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

VI,
Simple Q you chose not to answer: Have you called Mark Eddins, owner of Friendly Chev. Co. to discuss the matter. If not, why not?
Thanks.

Ive had no experience at that service department.

But they all suck. GM dealers are no different.

But no way in hell would I leave my car for 10 weeks over a dumb wheel crack.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:30 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,667 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Second place prize to WKM who threw in the sly comment on black versus chrome wheels.
I think you missed the point here. OP did not want the OEM chrome wheels that came on the car when new, so he somehow persuaded the dealer before delivery to change them to a set of black wheels. The dealer told him, he'd pull them off another GS and make the swap.

As I noted above (post #158), I've tried several times to get dealers to swap wheels when negotiating on a new car. They have always refused saying they want the wheels on all their new cars to match the build sheet. That would have left them w/ another new car on the lot w/wheels not matching the build sheet.

The question being posed by WKM was whether whatever wheels got put on the car were OEM or repro. That's a legit question.

Last edited by Foosh; 01-05-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:38 AM
gurneyeagle
Burning Brakes

Received 630 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
I think you missed the point here. OP did not want the OEM chrome wheels that came on the car when new, so he somehow persuaded the dealer before delivery to change them to a set of black wheels. The dealer told him, he'd pull them off another GS and make the swap.

As I noted above (post #158), I've tried several times to get dealers to swap wheels when negotiating on a new car. They have always refused saying they want the wheels on all their new cars to match the build sheet. That would have left them w/ another new car on the lot w/wheels not matching the build sheet.

The question being posed by WKM was whether whatever wheels got put on the car were OEM or repro. That's a legit question.

No, I got what he was trying to convey. Just loved the shot at wheel style.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:07 AM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts

The OP has stated it is Friendly. Since there are several Friendly Chev dealers in the US we still don't know which dealer it is. Other posters have assumed it is the Dallas dealer, but no confirmation from the OP.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:22 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Note to self............ Never post on the forum you are a lawyer. You're just setting yourself up for abuse. Think I will laminate that and stick it in my wallet. May even paste it on my wheels!
The following 2 users liked this post by Greg00Coupe:
BuLion (01-05-2018), The Rabbi (01-06-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 11:23 AM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
Note to self............ Never post on the forum you are a lawyer. You're just setting yourself up for abuse. Think I will laminate that and stick it in my wallet. May even paste it on my wheels!
Definitely on this forum. Everyone thinks they're a lawyer.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:42 AM
Bassassin
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh

What I read was at the time of purchase, there was someone buying another car that had black wheels that wanted chrome and VI wanted black. The dealer swapped the wheels to give both customers what they wanted.
The following users liked this post:
Foosh (01-05-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 01:13 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
That sounds like a winning strategy!
Old 01-05-2018, 01:18 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Originally Posted by DWillys
The OP has stated it is Friendly. Since there are several Friendly Chev dealers in the US we still don't know which dealer it is. Other posters have assumed it is the Dallas dealer, but no confirmation from the OP.
You're obviously not aware of what I've written on thread. Please, read my posts before responding blindly.

Originally Posted by JGarland
Thanks.

Ive had no experience at that service department.

But they all suck. GM dealers are no different.

But no way in hell would I leave my car for 10 weeks over a dumb wheel crack.
Post was directed/marked to VI, the OP.....not you.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:50 PM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

You're obviously not aware of what I've written on thread. Please, read my posts before responding blindly.
Please indicate where the OP stated which Friendly it is. Assumptions from other posters are just assumptions.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:46 PM
RobertAshby
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Turning into such a fun read !
Just keeps getting better !

Get notified of new replies

To Well, after 15 years of only driving GM cars, I'm done.

Old 01-05-2018, 04:53 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by JumpingJackFlash
+This! Not all dealerships are this bad. You can’t fault GM. Hopefully at some point you’ll come to your senses and realize it was a local issue. I’ve had far worse issues with Toyota and Ford dealerships in the past than this. I don’t fault the manufacturers.
He can fault GM if GM's customer care unit basically told him to go pound salt.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:15 PM
JumpingJackFlash
Account disabled by request 1 Mar 2018

Received 79 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
He can fault GM if GM's customer care unit basically told him to go pound salt.
Don’t ever lose sight of the fact that you have not heard either the dealer or GM’s side of this topic. I have always felt that we have not heard the whole story here and that the OP is expressing only his view. I believe there was a lot more to this story than what we have been told. For instance, if the cracked wheel was really an new OEM warranted product then why would GM only offer the OP only $500? A fully warranty would have covered the total amount. Me thinx that the OP probably caused this damaged at the track which he attends frequently. There are so many more things we are not be told here. I keep an open mind. Too many statements here do not add up.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:22 PM
T VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 65 Posts

Yes, just go to another stealership............

Quick Reply: Well, after 15 years of only driving GM cars, I'm done.