C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, after 15 years of only driving GM cars, I'm done.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 09:39 AM
JumpingJackFlash
Account disabled by request 1 Mar 2018

Received 79 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
Ask yourself: what's more plausible, GM denying responsibility for shoddy customer service or some dude hoping to gain something by spinning lies on a forum?
One thing for certain is that your premise the OP’s dealer did shoddy service is not plausible. How can you make a final judgement about the OP’s claim when you have not heard the dealer’s side of the story? Have you not heard of the legal principle that one is considered innocent unless proven guilty? This principle serves as a basis for our nation’s judicial system. I for one do not believe that all GM dealerships perform shoddy service. I could have just as easily have said all lawyers are crooks. No, I believe everybody is entitled to their day in court. The OP’s thread never presented the dealerships’ case to his claim that they did him wrong. It doesn’t seem we’ll ever get to know the whole truth in this matter. Maybe the OP can get the service manager to come on here and discuss their side. What do you think about this?
Old 01-06-2018, 09:45 AM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by JumpingJackFlash
One thing for certain is that your premise the OP’s dealer did shoddy service is not plausible. How can you make a final judgement about the OP’s claim when you have not heard the dealer’s side of the story? Have you not heard of the legal principle that one is considered innocent unless proven guilty? This principle serves as a basis for our nation’s judicial system. I for one do not believe that all GM dealerships perform shoddy service. I could have just as easily have said all lawyers are crooks. No, I believe everybody is entitled to their day in court. The OP’s thread never presented the dealerships’ case to his claim that they did him wrong. It doesn’t seem we’ll ever get to know the whole truth in this matter. Maybe the OP can get the service manager to come on here and discuss their side. What do you think about this?
Yeah, well, we're not in court.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:46 AM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by Cjunkie
Question did you buy the tire and wheel plan the finance manager offered you in his office when you signed the paperwork each time you bought a Corvette?

Nope
Old 01-06-2018, 09:50 AM
MrGary2011
Burning Brakes

Received 233 Likes on 109 Posts

This stuff isn't made up? Why GM is being dragged in for this jackass dealership does not bother me. I would of been all over the dealer, not sure how you knew work was not performed wnen they say it was. There is no way I would of let my car stay at a dealership like that for 72 days. It would be nice to here the whole story, like what really got broke and what got fixed. I am confused, you state your beef is with GM but them rant about the dealership! What is GM supposed to do to make it right for you? Shut them down? Cool story bro! Better then reading comics on a sunday morning. It does ,make me worry though as I will need to bring mine in to a dealer soon for an oil change! I sure hope its not there 72 days or I have a horror story to follow yours!

Last edited by MrGary2011; 01-06-2018 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:06 AM
JumpingJackFlash

Originally Posted by village idiot
Yeah, well, we're not in court.
We’re in a court of sorts...a court of public opinion where you have been the judge and jury in slamming this dealership. However, unlike a real court of law you never gave the defendant a chance to present their side. In this absence, I’m afraid your thread has amounted to a Kangaroo Court.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:06 AM
Cjunkie
Melting Slicks

Received 172 Likes on 134 Posts

Nope
Well there you have it. Its your fault plain and simple. You were offered a plan that would protect you and handle situations like this and you chose to gamble, you lost and it bit you in the ***.
I never felt sympathetic for those who bought high dollar toys (me included) who were offered plans ie: extended service contracts, T&W packages then they have mechanical issues or rims break- and ITS GOING TO HAPPEN then it boo frickin who I hate the world, I hate the manufacturer.
Look at the person in the mirror, you could’ve avoided this but you felt you were being shrewd so you cut off your nose to spite your face.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:22 AM
WKM
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

How in the world can you make this analogy of innocent till proven guilty after saying the OP is BS all through this thread. Talk about hypocrisy this ought to be the definition
Old 01-06-2018, 10:25 AM
sTz
Le Mans Master

Received 2,423 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by fugly1
Are other car forums like this? Seriously.
I think it has a greater amount of arrogant and argumentative participants, but it’s still informative, which is why people stick around.

It’s hard to argue that is doen’t support some of the stereotypes.

Originally Posted by gpuglisi
Maybe the Mustang forums.
Not even close...

Originally Posted by Foosh
Yes, but this one tends to be "nastier" and less "rational" than average. I've been active on about a half dozen over the years, mostly for German and British makes (Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Lotus, Porsche).
Old 01-06-2018, 10:55 AM
Gonzo
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by torquetube
Brand preference metastasized into personal identity.

They fallen in love with something that can't love them back.
Wow, but it also can't hate them back
Old 01-06-2018, 11:13 AM
Tsharpe27
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, I'm just not buying another GM vehicle again. **** them. I may even buy another car, get an extended warranty on this one and track it every single damn weekend until every single part is replaced under warranty.

I am actually in the market for a daily driver, and WAS looking at (used) Tahoes.
I don’t blame you. The GM dealers are really bad...the majority of them IMHO! I had a C6 2006 for 7 years. Experienced the rear end rumbling, which I fixed by changing the rear end fluid. Gas cap screw and I fixed thanks to a Forum member’s fix explained on the forum...yet GM spent thousands of dollars give C6 owners new gas caps when the fix was already described on this FORUM! Why don’t they read this Forum?
Went through the flying off top issue too. Bottom line: after a few months of owning the car and experiencing the Chevy dealer personally and on thos Forum, I did all needed maintenance the rest of the time I owned the C6. For example, I went for my first oil change at the Chevy dealership and the mechanic asked me if I had any lift pucks as he could not find his to use to lift my car to change the oil. I got out of that place fast and changed my oil myself.
Almost all Chevy dealer service depts SUCK. AND, not to sound like a snob, who wants to wait with Malibu and Cruze owners why their $65K plus car is being fixed/serviced.

Now, I own a Lexus and will never buy from GM again, except for a GMC pickup!
Old 01-06-2018, 11:17 AM
Tsharpe27
Advanced

Well there you have it. Its your fault plain and simple. You were offered a plan that would protect you and handle situations like this and you chose to gamble, you lost and it bit you in the ***.
I never felt sympathetic for those who bought high dollar toys (me included) who were offered plans ie: extended service contracts, T&W packages then they have mechanical issues or rims break- and ITS GOING TO HAPPEN then it boo frickin who I hate the world, I hate the manufacturer.
Look at the person in the mirror, you could’ve avoided this but you felt you were being shrewd so you cut off your nose to spite your face.
No! He was screwed as the damn car had warranty. Just wait, unless you service your car yourself, you experience it too,
Old 01-06-2018, 11:19 AM
Tsharpe27
Advanced

You obviously have not experienced our court system...hope you never have to for it is much worse than a bad Chevy dealership.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:26 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Originally Posted by Tsharpe27
No! He was screwed as the damn car had warranty. Just wait, unless you service your car yourself, you experience it too,
Wheels and tires are not covered by the new car warranty, unless it's an obvious manufacturing defect. Moreover damage caused by the dealer is not a warranty item.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:27 AM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Received 544 Likes on 324 Posts

What a unhappy person you must be. The dealer damaged the car dude. Is there an extended warranty they need to offer for that?

Last edited by spinkick; 01-06-2018 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:30 AM
Tsharpe27
Advanced

Originally Posted by Foosh
Wheels and tires are not covered by the new car warranty, unless it's an obvious manufacturing defect. Moreover damage caused by the dealer is not a warranty item.
The wheel was damaged by the dealer...they should have made things right...PERIOD.

Only thing I see wrong is letting the damn car sit there. I would have it towed to a wheel place and had it fixed or bought new wheels. Damn the dealer.
The following users liked this post:
spinkick (01-06-2018)
Old 01-06-2018, 12:06 PM
JumpingJackFlash

The wheel was damaged by the dealer...they should have made things right...PERIOD.
There was not a shred of evidence in this entire thread that this statement is true. This claim is nothing more the OP’s suspicion of what happened. He does not have any eyewitness testimony, nor does he have videographic evidence nor did he witness that the dealer caused any damage. His statement is nothing more than conjecture that would not hold up in a court of law. I suspect this is the real reason the OP, who is a a lawyer by the way, never pursued a claim in a small claims court. Sorry Charlie but you statement does not hold water.

Last edited by JumpingJackFlash; 01-06-2018 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:09 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Only thing I see wrong is letting the damn car sit there. I would have it towed to a wheel place and had it fixed or bought new wheels. Damn the dealer.
You're all over the map here. First you say it should have been covered by warranty, and then in a later post you say damaged by the dealer. If the latter, warranty would not cover it, and of course if true, the dealer is responsible.

The new car warranty part is irrelevant in this situation. That's why the GM-bashing here is a bit mis-placed. GM has limited control over dealers, which are independent businesses. About all GM can do is cancel a dealer franchise within their rather limited contractual powers to do so. They can't dictate to a dealer how a situation is handled.

Last edited by Foosh; 01-06-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Well, after 15 years of only driving GM cars, I'm done.

Old 01-06-2018, 12:11 PM
Tsharpe27
Advanced

There was not a shred of evidence in this entire thread that this statement is true. This claim is nothing more the OP’s suspicion of what happened. He does not have any eyewitness testimony, nor does he have videographic evidence nor did he witness that the dealer caused any damage. His statement is nothing more than conjecture that would not hold up in a court of law. I suspect this is the real reason the OP, who is a a lawyer by the way, never pursued a claim in a small claims court. Sorry Charlie but you statement does not hold water.
The guy bought TWO vettes from the same dealer. Obviously you have never heard of “good will,” nor customer service. So, he has to PROVE the dealer cracked the wheel. Didn’t he say the technician hit a pot hole and cracked the wheel? Or, is the owner just a liar and just trying to get a new wheel he cracked for free...as you are implying?

I would go with what the owner stated and show some customer service and give him a new wheel.

Give me a break....all of this over one cracked wheel!
Old 01-06-2018, 12:21 PM
mammoth713
Melting Slicks

Received 554 Likes on 277 Posts

..... The human race everyone

The following 5 users liked this post by mammoth713:
Crossed Flags Fan (01-06-2018), Foosh (01-06-2018), gurneyeagle (01-06-2018), Maxpowers (01-06-2018), spinkick (01-06-2018)
Old 01-06-2018, 12:26 PM
JumpingJackFlash

The guy bought TWO vettes from the same dealer. Obviously you have never heard of “good will,” nor customer service. So, he has to PROVE the dealer cracked the wheel. Didn’t he say the technician hit a pot hole and cracked the wheel? Or, is the owner just a liar and just trying to get a new wheel he cracked for free...as you are implying?

I would go with what the owner stated and show some customer service and give him a new wheel.

Give me a break....all of this over one cracked wheel!
Yes, exactly, he has to prove that the dealer caused the damage. It’s called “burden of proof” and it is required in a court of law for the claimant to prove the dealer is at fault. Damn man, did you not ever learn any of this in school? In regards to your last comment, this thread is not just about a wheel...it’s about a dealership’s reputation and all the people who take pride in working for that dealer. What price do you put on this?

Last edited by JumpingJackFlash; 01-06-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Well, after 15 years of only driving GM cars, I'm done.