C7 GS 3LT worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 10:53 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,001 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryU
Would not own a car without HUD
The HUD is INDISPENSABLE to me, because mine is an M7. I am hard of hearing.....(I'm elderly,) as many others are....

Without the HUD display, it's difficult for me to hear the engine or exhaust sounds to discern engine RPM when disengaging the clutch on starting out in 1st gear from a dead stop. Keeping my vision on the HUD AND the road, lets me start smoothly without killing the engine without enough engine RPM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Skid Row Joe:
JerryU (01-10-2018), movinlow (01-11-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 10:55 PM
bankers1
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by DWS44
I admit, I would have done 2LT over 3LT for cost savings had 3LT not been part of the CE package to get the Tension Blue interior, but I have to admit, I do enjoy the extra 3LT quality, look, and feel. By far, the nicest interior I've had on any vehicle I've owned!
I wish I had the option for Comp Seats. The headliner in a 3 is thicker imho than the 2. Because I've got the Tension Blue CE it has the matching stitching, sweet.
For the money the 3 is the only way, add the color to the dash, to the shifter/armrest, 2 tone seats vs 1 color
Old 01-09-2018, 11:29 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,215 Likes on 3,458 Posts

Not to me. I'd pay money NOT to have all the gobble-de-gook; but hey, that's why there are different models available. Viva la difference!
Old 01-10-2018, 04:42 AM
Judgment Day
Burning Brakes

Received 218 Likes on 153 Posts

This actually came to mind prior to making my 2017 order: 2LT vs 3LT. In fact, it's been about a year since I was doing build configurations on the website.

Once I decided what I wanted to get out of the 2LT, I basically asked myself: "is it cost effective to get the 3LT?" For example, some of the features that were a part of the 3LT package I was going to order anyway regardless of my decision. The difference in $$$ for what I was going to exclusively receive had I ordered the 3LT package wasn't worth it.

Fast forward to today, and I haven't regretted my decision. I'm sure there are others who were on the fence and went the 3LT route which much joy once their Corvette was born. Had I made the choice again, it would be the same, but that's my situation.

PS: mammoth713 - memory driver seats come with Grand Sport 2LT.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:38 AM
pdiddy972
Race Director

Received 532 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones
The thing I fine about so many cool features is that you pay a ton of $$ for them but then they are rarely used.

For example, I have several friends with HUDs and it's all they could talk about for a couple weeks after getting their vehicles, then I've never seen them use them again.
How would you "see them using the HUD" when it's not visible from anywhere bu the driver's position?
The following users liked this post:
JerryU (01-10-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 03:27 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Is 3LT worth it? Let me answer your question. Yes if you appreciate and will use the extras over what you get from 2LT and 1LT. Only you can answer that question yourself.
It's not what I like or anybody else likes...
Old 01-10-2018, 04:04 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,695 Likes on 5,594 Posts

Originally Posted by pdiddy972
How would you "see them using the HUD" when it's not visible from anywhere bu the driver's position?
Seriously man, you can't tell whether a driver riding right next to you is using a HUD or not? You are not very observant are you?
Old 01-10-2018, 04:09 PM
PobreWey
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

2LT is real good bang for buck... mine has the navigation and pdr but the navigation sucks (always telling me bad routes). This does really come down to personal preference though as for me I wouldn't be happy with the 1LT features however some are very happy with the 1lt plus the savings. You really have to do the math on the features vs the price and find your sweet spot.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:52 PM
muncie21
Melting Slicks

Received 179 Likes on 98 Posts

When I was picking out my GS, the only trim related item that I absolutely wanted was the HUD. This put me into 2LT territory, as it isn't available on the 1LT GS. All the other gizmos that come with the 2LT package are nice, however I could take/leave them.

Last edited by muncie21; 01-10-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:15 PM
silvertc6
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by muncie21
When I was picking out my GS, the only trim related item that I absolutely wanted was the HUD. This put me into 2LT territory, as it isn't available on the 1LT GS. All the other gizmos that come with the 2LT package are nice, however I could take/leave them.
The HUD feature is a must for me is the most important feature above everything else. Had it on my C5 and C6 and it will be on my C7 2019. For me it is so relaxing just looking straight ahead, without having to look down to check travel stats.
The following 2 users liked this post by silvertc6:
JerryU (01-11-2018), movinlow (01-11-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 06:38 PM
pdiddy972
Race Director

Received 532 Likes on 330 Posts

Seriously man, you can't tell whether a driver riding right next to you is using a HUD or not? You are not very observant are you?
The HUD appears in front of the vehicle. Kind of the point of it is not taking your eyes off the road.
JerryU (01-11-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 02:47 AM
movinlow
Melting Slicks

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

The thing I fine about so many cool features is that you pay a ton of $$ for them but then they are rarely used.

For example, I have several friends with HUDs and it's all they could talk about for a couple weeks after getting their vehicles, then I've never seen them use them again.
Maybe I’m in the minority but I think this is one of the best features of the Vette. I’ve had 3 with it and a couple without it and it is a must have, at least for me.
JerryU (01-11-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 02:54 AM
Pineapple
Burning Brakes

Received 794 Likes on 381 Posts

A Z06 1LZ comes with HUD and color matched stitching/paddles standard. It’ll probably be a bit cheaper than a GS 3LT.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:00 AM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,695 Likes on 5,594 Posts

Originally Posted by movinlow
Maybe I’m in the minority but I think this is one of the best features of the Vette. I’ve had 3 with it and a couple without it and it is a must have, at least for me.
It may well be, my point was only that some car buyers purchase expensive options on cars, yet don't use them after the initial novelty wears off. My experience has been the HUD is one of these such features.
As stated, I know those who have HUDs (not in Corvettes) however don't use them (my wife included). When I get the opportunity, I will ask why they don't.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:21 AM
tractman
Drifting

Received 945 Likes on 414 Posts

I have ordered two C7's...both with Adrenaline Red 3LT Interiors. Since I was spending that much money I wanted the highest level/grade interior available. The first one did not have Competition Seats....I regretted that so when I ordered my Grand Sport I included the Competition Seats and so glad that I did. The Napa leather is so soft and smooth, and I love the headliner and the Alcantra wrapped A pillars. I added the GM Grand Sport console lid which is a very nice touch and is covered in the Napa leather as well. I also added a Caravaggio steering wheel as well because the standard solid black steering wheel just looked out of place in the interior. The next one will have a 3LT as well.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:53 AM
fourmat
Pro

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

If your ordering a black interior I would stick with the 2LT if you order the PDR and nav its still 3k cheaper. But you will have to live w/o the red stich and head liner.
JMO. But good luck with what ever you choose and get your dream car the way you want it
Old 01-11-2018, 11:49 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,624 Likes on 6,628 Posts

It may well be, my point was only that some car buyers purchase expensive options on cars, yet don't use them after the initial novelty wears off. My experience has been the HUD is one of these such features.
As stated, I know those who have HUDs (not in Corvettes) however don't use them (my wife included). When I get the opportunity, I will ask why they don't.
Would be interesting to hear why. Wife and I both use HUD in her BMW SUV. Since we mostly use the SUV when traveling I like the NAV showing up n HUD when a turn is needed in unfamiliar places. Seldom have to look at the dash display for anything, like the Vette.

The other option I find very useful is memory seats. I am the only driver but have it set for entry and exit. Back as far as possible and both front and back up as far as possible as is the wheel.

Makes it easy to get in and out. I drive with the rear of the seat down, back tiled and the wheel where the top is below the Upper Dash Pad.

Last edited by JerryU; 01-11-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 GS 3LT worth it?

Old 01-11-2018, 12:01 PM
ElGreco53
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

About suede, AKA Alcantara: my personal experience with it is "yech." Had it on my Jag's steering wheel (and elsewhere) and not only did it not wear well, I never felt I had as good a grip on the wheel as I do with leather. I had that car ~3 years and spots on the wheel were already looking shiny and thin. Just my 2¢...
Old 01-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Dyn
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Never understood the concept of asking others what you should like and/or purchase.
A just assumed it was Consumer Reports logic. They are really asking what they should get along with why and why not.

We under-interpret their question and assume it is dullard simple when really it is a solicitation for knowledge they may or may not have.

Quite clever really, the ole 'open ended question' technique.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:32 PM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

I've had 2LT, 3LT's and even 4LT's (in the C6 line). In my opinion the best bang for your buck is a 2LT. But thats just my opinion, yours may differ.

A 2LT has all that I need and not the extra goodies that you will never get your money back on when you sell it.

Quick Reply: C7 GS 3LT worth it?