Lowering affect handling/alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 09:54 AM
42Chevy
It's 5 o'clock Somewhere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts
St Jude Donor '13-'14-'15
Default Lowering affect handling/alignment?

I dropped my new baby yesterday on the stock bolts as low as it allowed. On the way home it felt a bit spongy? Was that in my head? Also will the slight drop affect the alignment?
Old 01-14-2018, 10:01 AM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,713 Likes on 2,920 Posts

Unsure about the spongy feeling since mine felt no different at all, but yes an alignment is needed after altering the ride height. I had my alignment specs measured before & after, and the after results were outside the spec range.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:15 AM
42Chevy
It's 5 o'clock Somewhere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts
St Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by Kracka
Unsure about the spongy feeling since mine felt no different at all, but yes an alignment is needed after altering the ride height. I had my alignment specs measured before & after, and the after results were outside the spec range.
Ok. Thank you. Honestly, that's what I figured about the alignment. I will get it on the rack Monday and get it adjusted.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:26 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

I'd believe all new cars out of the factory need an alignment check, whether height change adjustments have been made or not. It is well-documented that alignments out of the factory are all over the map. The factory only does a very quick (5 minute or less) alignment check at the end of the assembly process, and the range of acceptable specs is a "mile wide."

I had a precise alignment done on my '14 at a world-class racing shop, and the difference in handling and feel was unbelievable. I have a new C7 arriving by early Feb, and one of the first places it will go is back to that same shop for the same set-up.

Last edited by Foosh; 01-14-2018 at 10:27 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Lowering affect handling/alignment?

Quick Reply: Lowering affect handling/alignment?