Sponsored by:

Latest date to order 2019

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 04:07 PM
Grahambowski
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Latest date to order 2019

I'm not sure if this is better suited for the dealer or the for sale/wanted section but I am planning to purchase a C7 sometime next year when the funds will allow it. Does anyone know from past experience how late into 2019 you can actually order a 2019 model? I would prefer to buy new and would like to order it to my specs since this will be a car I plan to keep for a long time. I don't want to miss out on the order window and be forced to compromise on something on a dealer lot that is not 100% what I want.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:26 PM
ftrusty
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

According to Mike Furman at Criswell Chevrolet they are being built through March 2019.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:37 PM
Grahambowski
Intermediate

So with a 6-8 week build time would that mean I would need to order in January?

Originally Posted by ftrusty
According to Mike Furman at Criswell Chevrolet they are being built through March 2019.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:40 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,980 Likes on 2,880 Posts

If you're waiting "for your funds to allow it." - ordering a new C7? Your funds will go A LOT FURTHER, buying a new, in-stock C7 already at a Chevy dealership. I saved many thousands of dollars by buying a new in-stock C7, that met my desires,, or almost all of them. There's no need to wait for the newest C7. They're not going to change whatsoever by ordering at the last minute, paying many thousands more than buying an in-stock 2018 or 2019 new C7. I know, because that's what I did buying NEW..... 0.02.....
Old 07-25-2018, 08:19 AM
ftrusty
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
If you're waiting "for your funds to allow it." - ordering a new C7? Your funds will go A LOT FURTHER, buying a new, in-stock C7 already at a Chevy dealership. I saved many thousands of dollars by buying a new in-stock C7, that met my desires,, or almost all of them. There's no need to wait for the newest C7. They're not going to change whatsoever by ordering at the last minute, paying many thousands more than buying an in-stock 2018 or 2019 new C7. I know, because that's what I did buying NEW..... 0.02.....

I recommend you contact Mike Furman or one of the other supporting dealers here on the forum to get the details about last order dates but Joe is spot on about the savings on in-stock dealer inventory. I just bought a new 2017 that had more options than I was anticipating getting on a 2019 I was thinking of ordering for less money than that ‘19 would have been and they are essentially the same vehicle.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:43 AM
Heavy Vetting
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
Hi Skid Row. I tried to PM you but was unable. When you have a chance, could you please PM me? Thank you.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:34 PM
Grahambowski
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ftrusty

I recommend you contact Mike Furman or one of the other supporting dealers here on the forum to get the details about last order dates but Joe is spot on about the savings on in-stock dealer inventory. I just bought a new 2017 that had more options than I was anticipating getting on a 2019 I was thinking of ordering for less money than that ‘19 would have been and they are essentially the same vehicle.
I totally agree with you guys about big savings to be had by purchasing a vehicle off the lot. I am just concerned that most of the vehicles I have seen are either 85% of what I want or have a ton of extra stuff I don't care about and don't really want to pay for. But I also understand that paying for that "extra" stuff might end up a wash if ordering a vehicle to my preferences is more expensive.

Get notified of new replies

To Latest date to order 2019

Quick Reply: Latest date to order 2019