Sponsored by:

NCRS 40th Regional Meet in Lakeland, Florida

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 07:45 PM
DrDyno
Burning Brakes

Received 273 Likes on 105 Posts
Default NCRS 40th Regional Meet in Lakeland, Florida

This was my second jaunt up to Lakeland for the Annual NCRS "Sun 'N Fun" regional event. My first visit was three years ago and I have to say, this year was a huge disappointment. My best guesstamate is it was 1/10 the participation I experienced at the '15 event. My passenger had been there last year and his experience was the same.

Where there used to be acres and acres of swap meet and rows upon rows of visiting Corvettes, there was a mere trickle of my past experience. Perhaps it was because I showed up on Day-1, Thursday, (Friday was destined to be raining) but I had shown up early in '15, as well. It may also be because the Corvette Game is fast becoming a wealthier man's game, leaving the back yard hot rodders behind.

If any of y'all attended this event on the weekend and found it considerably more packed, please post some pics. I'll be delighted!

Here's a pic of one of a half dozen parking areas from my previous visit. This year there was only one lonely C7 Vert in the same area!

Anyway, in my estimation, the best (and the only) Restomod I found was this early C1 Roadster on a Corvette Correction frame.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:44 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Lots of guys from my Kansas City chapter are there-wish I could be too.

Quick Reply: NCRS 40th Regional Meet in Lakeland, Florida