Sponsored by:

Apple Play Volume

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 01:46 PM
KenCon
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Apple Play Volume

Have most of the electronics figured out on my new 2019 2LT. Something I have not been able to work properly is when using Apple Play the volume for Apple Maps directions and Spotify are really low. I also have to juice the volume over 50% to listen to Spotify, so when I go back to SIRUS songs are really loud. I have my Apple 7 phone on the highest volume, have rebooted the phone, and in an out of the USB. Any other suggestions?
Old 03-18-2018, 03:59 PM
Mister Big
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 198 Posts

I used to have the same issue until I got the 2016 firmware update that allows Android Auto. After that all was good. You might also be able to raise the volume by going into iPhone Setting>Maps>Driving & Navigation>Navigation Voice Volume>Loud. BTW, you should be able to raise the volume while Apple Maps is giving you voice prompts without affecting Sirius. If that doesn't work it seems you might have a glitch in your car's system.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:39 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Big
...BTW, you should be able to raise the volume while Apple Maps is giving you voice prompts without affecting Sirius...

I can't remember for sure - I haven't been bothered by it lately.

But, I believe that's what I was doing to adjust the volume.

When Sirius/FM is playing, the volume will adjust the radio, and it doesn't affect Apple play volume.

When Apple maps or other Apple play stuff is playing/giving you directions/etc., you need to adjust the volume while it is playing and it shouldn't affect your radio volume.

Give that a try.

Last edited by BEZ06; 03-18-2018 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:30 AM
Superstar555
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by BEZ06

When Sirius/FM is playing, the volume will adjust the radio, and it doesn't affect Apple play volume.

When Apple maps or other Apple play stuff is playing/giving you directions/etc., you need to adjust the volume while it is playing and it shouldn't affect your radio volume.

Give that a try.

This is the correct answer. Adjust the volume for an app while that app is playing a sound.
The following users liked this post:
KenCon (03-19-2018)
Old 03-19-2018, 09:15 AM
KenCon
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Mister Big
I used to have the same issue until I got the 2016 firmware update that allows Android Auto. After that all was good. You might also be able to raise the volume by going into iPhone Setting>Maps>Driving & Navigation>Navigation Voice Volume>Loud. BTW, you should be able to raise the volume while Apple Maps is giving you voice prompts without affecting Sirius. If that doesn't work it seems you might have a glitch in your car's system.
I did not have mine set on "loud", will give it a try today, thanks!
Old 03-19-2018, 09:16 AM
KenCon
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by BEZ06

Give that a try.

I will, thanks for taking the time to comment.

Get notified of new replies

To Apple Play Volume

Quick Reply: Apple Play Volume