Southern California Southern California

ARGH! I need a paint/repair shop in OC

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 11:11 PM
ZEEZERO-6
Melting Slicks

Received 107 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by ss4luck
Really? They did an amazing job on my father and I’s C3 when it needed to be re done after being backed into

When I first took my Vette there they told me they no longer work on Vettes because the customers are too picky and then immediately changed their minds when they saw that my damage was not that bad and said they would fix mine ( their website at that time stated that they specialize in Vettes and they proudly displayed the Corvette moniker on their home page ). But because they were so busy they said that they could not take my car in for 2 months but I was willing to wait because I wanted it done right. They also stated they want to have the parts on-site when the car was there so they could complete in work in about 1 week ( it needed a new hood and front fascia/ bumper ) so I signed their agreement and away we go. Two months go by and they call and said bring it in we have the parts and are ready. Two weeks later I get a call the hood we ordered is warped we need to get a replacement so I said go for it, two more weeks go by and I get a call come pick it up ( so now it’s been 2 months waiting and 1 month worth of repair time ). I go to pick it up and within 5 minutes I spot a run in the paint the size of a Beebe, they were totally embraced and had to rub and polish it out which took about an hour of my time. After they bring it out I also noticed the replacement hood id warped ( sticking above the fender ¼” ) they asked if I could bring it back in a week and they were going to use washers to raise the fender to match the hood, I said no effein way give what I paid for a un-warped hood. It took them 4 more weeks to get a good hood ( they asked if I would accept a used straight hood which they were going to purchase for $400.00, in their estimate they charged me $1,200 for a new one, I asked for a $800.00 credit and they refused to give it to me so I made them buy me a new one ). From the time of my accident to the point that I accepted their work took 4 months of shear PAIN. They also put 4 miles on my Vette because every day when they opened their shop they would pull my car out the shop and park it a block away down the street and that’s where it sat every day for 2 month ( I was told it was going to stay in the shop ).

If you look at their current webpage they have removed any verbiage about specializing in Corvettes but still proudly display the Corvette moniker – pretty deceiving don’t you think = http://europeanmotorcarworks.com/ scroll towards the bottom. You can see the HIGH end cars they claim to specialize in, those cars got all the attention, mine sat out on the street for 2 months – ***** them !
Old 02-08-2018, 10:28 AM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by ZEEZERO-6
When I first took my Vette there they told me they no longer work on Vettes because the customers are too picky and then immediately changed their minds when they saw that my damage was not that bad and said they would fix mine ( their website at that time stated that they specialize in Vettes and they proudly displayed the Corvette moniker on their home page ). But because they were so busy they said that they could not take my car in for 2 months but I was willing to wait because I wanted it done right. They also stated they want to have the parts on-site when the car was there so they could complete in work in about 1 week ( it needed a new hood and front fascia/ bumper ) so I signed their agreement and away we go. Two months go by and they call and said bring it in we have the parts and are ready. Two weeks later I get a call the hood we ordered is warped we need to get a replacement so I said go for it, two more weeks go by and I get a call come pick it up ( so now it’s been 2 months waiting and 1 month worth of repair time ). I go to pick it up and within 5 minutes I spot a run in the paint the size of a Beebe, they were totally embraced and had to rub and polish it out which took about an hour of my time. After they bring it out I also noticed the replacement hood id warped ( sticking above the fender ¼” ) they asked if I could bring it back in a week and they were going to use washers to raise the fender to match the hood, I said no effein way give what I paid for a un-warped hood. It took them 4 more weeks to get a good hood ( they asked if I would accept a used straight hood which they were going to purchase for $400.00, in their estimate they charged me $1,200 for a new one, I asked for a $800.00 credit and they refused to give it to me so I made them buy me a new one ). From the time of my accident to the point that I accepted their work took 4 months of shear PAIN. They also put 4 miles on my Vette because every day when they opened their shop they would pull my car out the shop and park it a block away down the street and that’s where it sat every day for 2 month ( I was told it was going to stay in the shop ).

If you look at their current webpage they have removed any verbiage about specializing in Corvettes but still proudly display the Corvette moniker – pretty deceiving don’t you think = http://europeanmotorcarworks.com/ scroll towards the bottom. You can see the HIGH end cars they claim to specialize in, those cars got all the attention, mine sat out on the street for 2 months – ***** them !
I observed the hood on his car at the Blockhead get together. It was as described above. He was still fighting with them. They no longer want Corvette business.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:16 PM
whalepirot
Melting Slicks

Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by ZEEZERO-6
no longer work on Vettes because the customers are too picky
TG for favors! I wonder if they have Chevy's permission to use the logo.

Last edited by whalepirot; 02-08-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Quick Reply: ARGH! I need a paint/repair shop in OC