Sponsored by:

KERBECK'S Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 11:17 AM
Maximus68
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Walter Raulerson
Kerbeck had an ad several times during the BJ auction. What does a dealer that has such a huge allotment do with the cars that are left over? Think Kerbick sold EVERY ONE? I guess GM still pays dealers if they have cars left over from the previous year don't they? But still the largest in the world must have some left over even though the ad didn't mention '17s just 16% off on '18s. I looked on that site one time and didn't see ANY USED Corvettes and was told they don't take trade ins. Is that right?"

Just curious this is not meant to be a referendum on Kerbick's business plan
Once they stopped selling used, I don’t even look their way anymore
Buy from anywhere in Chicago
Better price
Have it shipped to you
Like Xmas in July

My two kerns worth
Old 01-27-2018, 11:28 AM
Guitarking1
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Kerbeck advertised discounts on 2018 models were better than anything I could get locally on a remaining 2017...plus I was able to find what I wanted.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:24 PM
Walter Raulerson
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by proexpert
We should probably explain to Walter the whole "allocation" thing and the process under which Chevy dealers can order a Corvette.

Walter, ordering a Corvette is not like ordering a Malibu. You can't just call up a dealer and order a new Corvette and expect to actually get one. The dealers "earn the right" to order each Corvette they have in stock. The more you sell, the more allocations you get to place an order. At the end of each model year, the dealers lower the prices to crazy discounts, and they sell off every year. A small profit is still profit.

Then there are constraints, but you have to pass a quiz on allocations before we get to that.
Uh I have just called up a dealer and ordered one 3 times
Old 01-27-2018, 04:28 PM
Walter Raulerson
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by proexpert
I'm a 15 year member here, you joined a few months ago. Respect is earned.

I have been a frequent visitor to kerbeck.com, every day since 2001. Yep, 17 years dreaming about a trip to Atlantic City. I bought a Z06 new from them in 2004, traded the wife's car. For many years they did sell used Corvettes, but for the last 5 years or so, they have not. A quick look at their web site shows they have a dedicated section listing used Corvettes, and now it says "We do not currently have any used Corvettes available."

Dave S. from Kerbeck is a forum member, maybe we can get his input about how many new Corvettes they sell.
Frequent visitor would mean once in awhile not everyday
Old 01-27-2018, 04:30 PM
Walter Raulerson
Melting Slicks

Here's a suggestion if you don't want to read my posts JUST SCROLL ON BY
Old 01-27-2018, 05:41 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Walter Raulerson
Kerbeck had an ad several times during the BJ auction. What does a dealer that has such a huge allotment do with the cars that are left over? Think Kerbick sold EVERY ONE? I guess GM still pays dealers if they have cars left over from the previous year don't they? But still the largest in the world must have some left over even though the ad didn't mention '17s just 16% off on '18s. I looked on that site one time and didn't see ANY USED Corvettes and was told they don't take trade ins. Is that right?"

Just curious this is not meant to be a referendum on Kerbick's business plan
Hello Walter!

All of your questions got answered but it was spread around a few pages so I'll fill you in.

We are sold out of 2017s. GM doesn't do anything for dealers. If you put a car on your lot it's yours till you sell it. There's a point where the factory won't offer any more support and then it's really tough to sell. However, we never get to that point. Normally, we sell out by August, maybe September. This year we planned on having more cars to get through the 3 month shutdown and we took more cars on the tail end then we normally would. Still, we sold out of all but 3 of the 2017s in October and those 3 were gone pretty fast in November.

We do take trade ins but we don't sell used cars. First off, with the amount of inventory we keep of new Corvettes we really don't want to take up the room or worry about servicing the used Corvettes. Another thing is that is very difficult to retail used Corvettes when you are giving such large discounts on new cars. For us, it doesn't make sense to invest the time in the used cars.

I'm glad to see that the Barrett Jackson ads worked since it made you go to our website! Feel free to let me know if you get any other questions.

Dave
America's Corvette Dealership

email - dsalvatore@cioccadealerships.com
Showroom - 609-344-2100. Ext 1022
Text - 856-535-0407

Follow Ciocca Corvette on Instagram!

The following 9 users liked this post by Dave@Ciocca:
beaversstonehaven (01-29-2018), Co-Vette (01-30-2018), Corvette ED (01-29-2018), direct007 (01-27-2018), dvilin (01-27-2018), G8R-Vette (01-27-2018), Metalgearsolid_x (01-29-2018), proexpert (01-27-2018), Tally Ho (01-29-2018) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-27-2018, 05:57 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,214 Likes on 3,457 Posts

"Here's a suggestion if you don't want to read my posts JUST SCROLL ON BY "

No problem, now that we all know. Thanks for the tip!
The following users liked this post:
proexpert (01-27-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 12:28 AM
Metalgearsolid_x
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
Hello Walter!

All of your questions got answered but it was spread around a few pages so I'll fill you in.
....... Feel free to let me know if you get any other questions.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I'm in the market for a C7 GS. Just curious, how does this 2% finance work? My credit score is beyond 800 Fico. Last time I checked, was 824. Will I be eligible for this for 72 months? Does this work for 2019 also? Is $40,000 must or few grand here and there is okay?

Thanks
Old 01-29-2018, 08:32 AM
Dave@Ciocca

Originally Posted by Metalgearsolid_x

Hi Dave,

I'm in the market for a C7 GS. Just curious, how does this 2% finance work? My credit score is beyond 800 Fico. Last time I checked, was 824. Will I be eligible for this for 72 months? Does this work for 2019 also? Is $40,000 must or few grand here and there is okay?

Thanks
If you qualify, the 2.14% for 72 months is good on all new 2018 Corvettes in stock. Currently, this deal is only good till the end of this month. If we this is available for February and we get some new 2019s in February, they would qualify .

Dave
Old 01-29-2018, 08:43 AM
hit&run
Racer

Received 103 Likes on 66 Posts

Dave, Is that when you expect to see the 19's..... sometime in Feb ?
Old 01-29-2018, 08:55 AM
Dave@Ciocca

Originally Posted by hit&run
Dave, Is that when you expect to see the 19's..... sometime in Feb ?
Hard to say. Production will start in February but I don't know if they will start to ship right away or if there will be a hold on them.

Dave
Old 01-29-2018, 08:08 PM
GreenGA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by direct007
I believe you purchased your first one from Kerbeck. How would you compare the purchase experience at both dealerships? When I was purchasing my first C7 in August of 2015, neither dealership had the exact configuration that I wanted in stock, so I ordered from Kerbeck and have had no complaints including service after the sale.
Good memory direct007...

Yes, it was from Kerbeck that I purchased my first Z06. About the only "problem", if one could call it that, was when I went to take delivery, their office was backed up and I wound up waiting longer than expected. As I said, not what one would call a problem. They gave me a chit for a fill-up at a local gas station. After that, I was on my way home. Oh, I forgot to mention, I ordered the Z06 on 12/31/16 (end of year deal), then drove to BG to watch its birth. Took a little back and forth on price, but I think it was win-win.

When looking about to find a vert replacement, MacMulken was the only dealer that had something close to the configuration of the vert. After they and I kinda had a deal going, on my way to Maine to collect my aero parts and some extras that were removed from the vert, I stopped by to finalize the deal. On my way back to NJ, I dropped off said parts so they could install them on the coupe before I took delivery. A week later, I did a one-way rental from NJ to NH and MacMulken arranged to pick me up at a nearby Hertz rental location. A few hours later I was heading south.

I would purchase again from either. All things being equal though, I would go with Kerbeck because they are down the road from me; about 40 miles down the road.

Last edited by GreenGA; 01-29-2018 at 08:17 PM.
direct007 (01-29-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 09:34 PM
Busted Knuckle
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

I have purchased 3 vehicles from Kerbeck. No issues and good prices. I just went on their site and they are no longer discounting their cars. Maybe it's my computer but all pricing is MSRP with no Kerbeck discount. WOW !!!
Old 01-31-2018, 09:41 PM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Originally Posted by Busted Knuckle
I have purchased 3 vehicles from Kerbeck. No issues and good prices. I just went on their site and they are no longer discounting their cars. Maybe it's my computer but all pricing is MSRP with no Kerbeck discount. WOW !!!
They are still discounting cars. Tomorrow is February 1st. When GM announces what the discounts / offers are for February, they will update accordingly. Happens at the close of business on the last day of every month. Once the offers are announced, they will update accordingly. As of earlier today, the discounts were 16%+ off across most of their inventory.

By the way...did you notice, they are down to about 55 2018's in stock? They are awaiting the 2019's hopefully in a few weeks.

Last edited by direct007; 01-31-2018 at 09:43 PM.
Busted Knuckle (02-01-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 09:49 PM
Busted Knuckle
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by direct007
They are still discounting cars. Tomorrow is February 1st. When GM announces what the discounts / offers are for February, they will update accordingly. Happens at the close of business on the last day of every month. Once the offers are announced, they will update accordingly. As of earlier today, the discounts were 16%+ off across most of their inventory.

By the way...did you notice, they are down to about 55 2018's in stock? They are awaiting the 2019's hopefully in a few weeks.
WOW !! 55 Cars !! The lot must look empty!! We were there for the C7 Z06 unveiling and they had over 160 cars.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:22 PM
Guitarking1
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Hoping my Kerbeck GS ships tomorrow or Friday. I can hardly wait.

Quick Reply: KERBECK'S Corvettes