Old 01-30-2018, 03:47 PM
ChuckerC7
CF Member

Did the class back in December and it was one of the greatest experiences ever
Yes that was the speed on the straight coming up to turn 2
Old 02-12-2019, 05:16 AM
AlleneDuenesUSA

Originally Posted by PAULMC View Post
Just graduated from the Ron Fellows Performance Driving School at the Spring Mountain Motor Raceway. What an incredible experience. The instructors were the best. They were so knowledgeable and patient, and the best young drivers you'll ever meet. If you own a C7 Stingray, Grand Sport or Z06, and even if you don't plan on tracking your car, you've got to take advantage of this instruction. This was a 2-day class. There were 21 of us students from all over the United States and Canada. What a great group of people. When you purchase your new Corvette, you also get a discounted rate on the class. It is well worth the money. You will not be disappointed.
I congratulate you on having graduated from a driving school just now. I can not disagree with the fact that learning in this school is an incredible experience. My friend says that the instructors who teach in this driver's school are the best. He says that they are knowledgeable, patient and they are the best young drivers , that my friend has ever met. I also want to visit this driving school because I heard only positive feedback about this school. When I will have less homework, I will start going to this school. I do not want to go to this school now because I will be forced to buy paper, but I want to do it by myself. I believe that it is better to write papers independently after reading examples that teachers done and that are on the site https://samples.edusson.com/teacher, which takes a lot of time, but is more useful for my mind. So I’ll go to school in the summer, when I don’t have to write a lot of papers, when I don’t have much homework, and when I have a lot of time for the driver’s school.

Last edited by AlleneDuenesUSA; 02-12-2019 at 05:26 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:41 AM
Deepdiver
CF Senior Member

^ what the hell do papers have to do w/ anything?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deepdiver For This Useful Post:
Sixgun95 (02-13-2019), Slynky (02-13-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 01:54 PM
jimmbbo
CF Senior Member

Having instructed and managed education at levels from community college to state college to the airlines, I concur wholeheartedly with the chorus of graduates who say it is one of the best education experiences available.
A couple of things to consider for those on their way to SM
1) Be sure to take (or buy at SM) a Class 10 SD (at least 16GB), and become familiar with operating the PDR so you can record ALL the in-car training... The syllabus calls for the PDR to be introduced when track driving begins, but recording the handling exercises is well worth it, as they tend to be a bit like drinking from a firehose,
2) Arrive the night before class - Being stressed to get there before class starts and being delayed by commute traffic, construction or a crash isn't worth the cost of another night. If you like good food and wine, Symphony's restaurant and the collocated Pahrump Valley Winery are well worth the stop... good wines and great food at value prices...
Old 02-12-2019, 01:57 PM
fishpick
CF Senior Member

I'll be there March 20th and 21st.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:00 PM
village idiot
CF Senior Member

Same thing I always say in these threads: learn the track before you go. Watch video and have the track memorized. It's very hard to be learning a new track while fine tuning driving skill at the same time. Too much going on.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:11 PM
Richard Ames
CF Senior Member

One of the best things you can do. We found the Winery in town or the Restaurant at the track the best places to eat.

Last edited by Richard Ames; 02-12-2019 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:01 PM
SingleTrackMinded
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by village idiot View Post
The strange thing is I have to drive a stingray despite owning a GS. You'd think GM would pay for GS owners to drive GS and Z06 owners to drive Z06.
They do that only for the COS. Other programs charge an upgrade fee for anything above a Stingray.

Still a blast either way.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:16 PM
Jeffthunbird
CF Senior Member

Wow, I didnít realize the wear parts were used up so fast. Thanks for the info. Spring Mountain is awesome. I was there in December. I can see becoming addicted to this sport. But yeah, expensive.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:31 AM
AlleneDuenesUSA

Originally Posted by Deepdiver View Post
Hello
I think that everyone should receive help from examples that are correct because they are created by professionals.

Last edited by AlleneDuenesUSA; 02-13-2019 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:32 AM
AlleneDuenesUSA

Originally Posted by jimmbbo View Post
Having instructed and managed education at levels from community college to state college to the airlines, I concur wholeheartedly with the chorus of graduates who say it is one of the best education experiences available.
A couple of things to consider for those on their way to SM
1) Be sure to take (or buy at SM) a Class 10 SD (at least 16GB), and become familiar with operating the PDR so you can record ALL the in-car training... The syllabus calls for the PDR to be introduced when track driving begins, but recording the handling exercises is well worth it, as they tend to be a bit like drinking from a firehose,
2) Arrive the night before class - Being stressed to get there before class starts and being delayed by commute traffic, construction or a crash isn't worth the cost of another night. If you like good food and wine, Symphony's restaurant and the collocated Pahrump Valley Winery are well worth the stop... good wines and great food at value prices...
Oh my God
I think that you were a member of this is incredibly cool.
I would like to have the experience that you have
Old 02-13-2019, 09:34 AM
AlleneDuenesUSA

Same thing I always say in these threads: learn the track before you go. Watch video and have the track memorized. It's very hard to be learning a new track while fine tuning driving skill at the same time. Too much going on.
I agree with you ABSOLUTELY
First of all, a person must learn the track and hone the skills that are connected to driving, namely, those connected with driving on the track
Old 02-13-2019, 09:36 AM
AlleneDuenesUSA

Originally Posted by Richard Ames View Post
One of the best things you can do. We found the Winery in town or the Restaurant at the track the best places to eat.
Every person who rides in a car for a long time - wants to eat and drink, so having knowledge about where is a good place to eat and have knowledge about where is a good place to drink is a great idea!
Old 02-13-2019, 09:52 AM
Slynky
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Deepdiver View Post

What tha... ?
Old 02-13-2019, 12:12 PM
SouthOCBoy
CF Senior Member

They applied my level 1 discount to level 2. They let me speak to their head honcho who green lighted me for level 2. It was actually pretty simple.
The strange thing is I have to drive a stingray despite owning a GS. You'd think GM would pay for GS owners to drive GS and Z06 owners to drive Z06. GS was something like $2000 more than a Stingray

Level 1 is a great deal for people who haven't ever done a track day, but for people who would be bored with lead follow, get good use out of the rare opportunity to run this track and bump up to level 2
Yeah that was a surprise for me as well. I'm going to sign up for the Level 1 class after taking the COS. I expected to be placed in my Z06. Well...for another $1800. But I thought I would try a Stingray since I have never driven one. I know it will be fun whatever I get to drive. Another thing I learned talking to Jennifer besides the extra cost for a Z06 is that all the Stingrays are manuals. No big deal for me since my Z06 is a manual but I found that interesting. I got spoiled from the COS. They gave me a free night in the condo and a 16gb memory card and all the meals were included. Speaking of meals, for those who have taken the Level 1 class, are meals included? I'm assuming not. Regardless, I had such a good time that I am looking forward to it this June.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:07 PM
fumbling
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by SouthOCBoy View Post
Yeah that was a surprise for me as well. I'm going to sign up for the Level 1 class after taking the COS. I expected to be placed in my Z06. Well...for another $1800. But I thought I would try a Stingray since I have never driven one. I know it will be fun whatever I get to drive. Another thing I learned talking to Jennifer besides the extra cost for a Z06 is that all the Stingrays are manuals. No big deal for me since my Z06 is a manual but I found that interesting. I got spoiled from the COS. They gave me a free night in the condo and a 16gb memory card and all the meals were included. Speaking of meals, for those who have taken the Level 1 class, are meals included? I'm assuming not. Regardless, I had such a good time that I am looking forward to it this June.
When I went a year ago the Stingrays were available in automatic as well as manual (I think there were more autos than sticks).
Old 02-13-2019, 02:18 PM
village idiot
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by SouthOCBoy View Post
The level 2 class is all manual.
I'd suggest a stingray because it has less grip. That's the car you want to learn on so you can drive on the limit, which is much lower.
Also, it doesn't have a $2000 splitter if you spin off.

Last edited by village idiot; 02-13-2019 at 02:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to village idiot For This Useful Post:
Co-Vette (02-14-2019)
Old 02-13-2019, 04:37 PM
5150 BRD
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by juanvaldez View Post
Don't forget the brothels in Pharump!
I gladly spent $1K for the school but not for a hooker, even if it is legal.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:11 PM
runner61627
CF Senior Member

Will be there May 13 & 14. Question on the $10,000 liability waiver. Is it the norm to try and get separate insurance for the $10,000 or do most just not worry about it?
Old 02-19-2019, 01:19 PM
jimmbbo
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by runner61627 View Post
Will be there May 13 & 14. Question on the $10,000 liability waiver. Is it the norm to try and get separate insurance for the $10,000 or do most just not worry about it?
I don't think many of the 20 in my class last year bought it...
Unless you're aggressive beyond your skill level or utterly ham handed/ham footed, the car's limits for new 'vette owners on the track far exceed the owners' capabilities.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimmbbo For This Useful Post:
runner61627 (02-19-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ron Fellows Performance Driving School

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: