Sponsored by:

Help a young Corvette owner!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 07:47 PM
cgarnerspeed252
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Help a young Corvette owner!!!!

Hi, everyone I have a dream to grow my YouTube channel which is called (cgarnerspeed252), I was told to reach out to some of my corvette community because I have truly met some not so friendly people else where. I am trying to truly work hard and grow my channel because people are doubting me because I am black. I love cars especially corvettes and I have no idea why my skin color has anything to do with that but it bother this once guy. If you'll could watch my videos, subscribe to my channel and share my videos that would be awesome and greatly appreciated. I have posted a link below and if it doesnt work you can go to youtube and type in cgarnerspeed252.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:08 PM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 879 Likes on 464 Posts

4 posts and all about you?
Bye bye
The following 5 users liked this post by Snowwolfe:
G8R-Vette (02-03-2018), R&L's C6 (02-03-2018), REDZED2 (02-05-2018), segen77 (02-03-2018), ZERRY 316 (02-05-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 08:11 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

I see no reason whatsoever why your race should have anything to do with, well, anything, really. And if some moron has a problem, they're retarded and not worth dealing with. YouTube is all about content. Good luck with your channel. Subscribed.

Last edited by mschuyler; 02-03-2018 at 08:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Art17 (02-04-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 08:56 PM
cgarnerspeed252
Instructor

Default Thank you sooo much!! i couldn't figure out how to share my channel and link on here

Originally Posted by mschuyler
I see no reason whatsoever why your race should have anything to do with, well, anything, really. And if some moron has a problem, they're retarded and not worth dealing with. YouTube is all about content. Good luck with your channel. Subscribed.
Do you know how to share link with others in the community?
Old 02-03-2018, 09:01 PM
falconhulk
Pro

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts

There was no reason to mention your race in this post. No one cares. It seems like you are using discrimination to garner support.
The following users liked this post:
ZERRY 316 (02-05-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 09:09 PM
CptCvMan
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by cgarnerspeed252
Hi, everyone I have a dream to grow my YouTube channel which is called (cgarnerspeed252), I was told to reach out to some of my corvette community because I have truly met some not so friendly people else where. I am trying to truly work hard and grow my channel because people are doubting me because I am black. I love cars especially corvettes and I have no idea why my skin color has anything to do with that but it bother this once guy. If you'll could watch my videos, subscribe to my channel and share my videos that would be awesome and greatly appreciated. I have posted a link below and if it doesnt work you can go to youtube and type in cgarnerspeed252.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhvKQdRI7FM&t=79s
Subscribed. Nice looking ride.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:18 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

First, if you are looking for people that play nice, this is the wrong place. Really, it is.

Second, if you are looking to grow your youtube channel then you need content that is helpful to other people, or at least interesting. Right now you have three videos of nothing special. Plus, you cant wait weeks at a time between posting new content.

Last, don't bring race into a discussion again. Call it white privilege if you want, but no one wants to hear about how one duschebag treated you poorly. There are quite a few people here who actually race their cars or motorcycles (or both) and every single one of them will tell you the only colors that matter are the black and white checkers ....
The following 2 users liked this post by PatternDayTrader:
Art17 (02-04-2018), ZERRY 316 (02-05-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 10:16 PM
cgarnerspeed252
Instructor

Default I am new to this forum thing!

Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
4 posts and all about you?
Bye bye
I am new to this forum thing so I am expressing what I been dealing with, at the end of the day all I did was ask for help I wasn't sure how many times things were being posted. It seems as though only white men has commented thus far. Until you experience racism you wouldnt know how it feels. I wasn't trying to cause any harm. There was one guy that subscribe and I truly thank him for it because not one guy but a few literally said they would subscribe because I was black. I have the messages to prove it.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:22 PM
cgarnerspeed252
Instructor

Originally Posted by PatternDayTrader
First, if you are looking for people that play nice, this is the wrong place. Really, it is.

Second, if you are looking to grow your youtube channel then you need content that is helpful to other people, or at least interesting. Right now you have three videos of nothing special. Plus, you cant wait weeks at a time between posting new content.

Last, don't bring race into a discussion again. Call it white privilege if you want, but no one wants to hear about how one duschebag treated you poorly. There are quite a few people here who actually race their cars or motorcycles (or both) and every single one of them will tell you the only colors that matter are the black and white checkers ....
I wasn't asking for anyone to be nice I was asking for help, did you read the title? I was told by my friend who are white to join this forum so im new to this.

Are you a Youtuber????

Also I don't need another white man telling me what I can and cannot do! Once again all I did was ask for help that was it, all you could have said was no you aren't willing to help or subscribe. I have had a few guys literally out right say they weren't subscribing because I was black. Had nothing to do with my content. I worked hard for every subscriber I currently have, I only been doing this for a month.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:25 PM
cgarnerspeed252
Instructor

Originally Posted by falconhulk
There was no reason to mention your race in this post. No one cares. It seems like you are using discrimination to garner support.
I was just explaining what has happened in the past was all. For all I know every guy in this forum could have been black or white that didnt matter to me. All I was asking for was help I was told by my white friends to come here is all. If you watched my video just one you would see that I am black so it didnt matter whether I brought it up or not. There was one guy that subscribe and I truly thanked him for it. Listen guys I am not here to start any trouble but here to grow and figure this thing out. I could get just as rude back but that isnt my personality.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:27 PM
cgarnerspeed252
Instructor

Originally Posted by mschuyler
Thank you again, and I truly appreciate your compliment and feed back! Do you currently own a corvette and if so what year, make and model?
Old 02-03-2018, 10:30 PM
cgarnerspeed252
Instructor

Originally Posted by CptCvMan
Subscribed. Nice looking ride.
Thank you thank you thank you, that means a lot especially with all the back lash I am currently receiving for posting in the forum. I was told to post here by my friends and I didnt know what to expect but you know I appreciate you and you taking the time to comment and subscribe. I am hoping to get use to this forum thing and make some awesome friends. Maybe race a few of ya. haha
Old 02-03-2018, 10:43 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

I wasn't asking for anyone to be nice I was asking for help, did you read the title? I was told by my friend who are white to join this forum so im new to this.

Are you a Youtuber????

Also I don't need another white man telling me what I can and cannot do! Once again all I did was ask for help that was it, all you could have said was no you aren't willing to help or subscribe. I have had a few guys literally out right say they weren't subscribing because I was black. Had nothing to do with my content. I worked hard for every subscriber I currently have, I only been doing this for a month.
Come on man, now your not even being honest. The second half of the first sentence in your original post is --> " I was told to reach out to some of my corvette community because I have truly met some not so friendly people else where".

Lets get something straight, I'm not telling you what to do. I'm telling you how to do it, and step one is stop sabotaging yourself with the race nonsense.
The following 2 users liked this post by PatternDayTrader:
kitesurfer (02-04-2018), ZERRY 316 (02-05-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 10:43 PM
cgarnerspeed252
Instructor

Thanks for all you guys feed back whether it was positive or negative! At the end of the day, I just want to be apart of the group and ask questions along with maybe meeting you'll at some point whether its at a track event or car show!!
Old 02-03-2018, 10:54 PM
cgarnerspeed252
Instructor

Come on man, now your not even being honest. The second half of the first sentence in your original post is --> " I was told to reach out to some of my corvette community because I have truly met some not so friendly people else where".

Lets get something straight, I'm not telling you what to do. I'm telling you how to do it, and step one is stop sabotaging yourself with the race nonsense.

Got it, thank you
Old 02-03-2018, 10:56 PM
cgarnerspeed252
Instructor

Default Im just here to make friends and look for some help

Do you own a corvette? If so what year and model?
Old 02-03-2018, 11:04 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Do you own a corvette? If so what year and model?
Presently I own a 95 coupe that I drive daily, rain or shine. I have owned many others. I intend to buy the a new zr1 since that's the car I want, but its not available yet. I'm kind of torn actually between doing that and building a track car. Time will tell I guess ...

Get notified of new replies

To Help a young Corvette owner!!!!

Old 02-03-2018, 11:08 PM
cgarnerspeed252
Instructor

Presently I own a 95 coupe that I drive daily, rain or shine. I have owned many others. I intend to buy the a new zr1 since that's the car I want, but its not available yet. I'm kind of torn actually between doing that and building a track car. Time will tell I guess ...
Pretty cool, I honestly want a Zr1 as well. So the dealership where I live gave me insights on the Zr1 and also said once it arrive to their dealership I will be the first to review and make a video but I cant drive it though. The dealership where I brought my vette has 950 allocations this year but I wasn't sure who all cared about that.

What do you think about the C8 so far?
Old 02-03-2018, 11:17 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Pretty cool, I honestly want a Zr1 as well. So the dealership where I live gave me insights on the Zr1 and also said once it arrive to their dealership I will be the first to review and make a video but I cant drive it though. The dealership where I brought my vette has 950 allocations this year but I wasn't sure who all cared about that.

What do you think about the C8 so far?
Well so far I'm not sure what to think. I haven't seen anything except unofficial speculative drawings and unofficial specs. I will say that I like the idea of the mid engine, and I'm thinking that it will stomp the schitt out of the european supercars lol ..
I will not be happy if it has some turbo charged 6 cylinder engine though, or any other engine that sounds like a sewing machine.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:20 PM
Pineapple
Burning Brakes

Received 794 Likes on 381 Posts

Don’t ask for views or subscriptions, let the quality of your content carry your channel.

Quick Reply: Help a young Corvette owner!!!!