Sponsored by:

Key FOB - Where to buy?

Old 02-06-2018, 06:29 PM
2015 Coupe
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Key FOB - Where to buy?

Where is the best place to buy a new Key Fob at? I know I can order from my Chevy Dealer, but wondered if there is a vendor on the Forum who sells them at a reduced price?

Thanks,

Ron
Old 02-06-2018, 07:05 PM
budgreen3564
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 238 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010 Coupe
Where is the best place to buy a new Key Fob at? I know I can order from my Chevy Dealer, but wondered if there is a vendor on the Forum who sells them at a reduced price?

Thanks,

Ron
Sometimes cheaper on fleabay
Old 02-06-2018, 07:06 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,911 Likes on 5,325 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010 Coupe

Thanks,

Ron
Cultrag, Trunk Monkey, GMPartsDirect plus others. Call and talk to them to make sure you get everything you need at once. Key and FOB are sold separately and you will need to get the key cut.

Bill
Old 02-06-2018, 10:01 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,043 Likes on 1,357 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

The local dealer is nice to the local Corvette club and sold me the fob & key cheaper than I could find it anywhere else.

IIRC, there are four different fobs for the C7 depending on coupe or convertible, remote start or not. Getting one from fleabay requires due diligence. And the key will probably be cut already, so you'll have to get a new one.

There was a guy advertising a couple of used ones here a while back but his price was higher than the local dealer.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:23 PM
ram_g
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
IIRC, there are four different fobs for the C7 depending on coupe or convertible, remote start or not. Getting one from fleabay requires due diligence.
+1. In addition to the physical differences there are 2 different frequencies based on model year. You could wind up with a fob that looks identical but does not work. So you will need the exact part number of your fob which you can get by going to one of the genuine dealer sites that allows you to search for parts based on your VIN. Then you can search for the best price for that part number - e.g. I found the best price for mine on amazon.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:22 AM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,043 Likes on 1,357 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by ram_g

+1. In addition to the physical differences there are 2 different frequencies based on model year. You could wind up with a fob that looks identical but does not work. So you will need the exact part number of your fob which you can get by going to one of the genuine dealer sites that allows you to search for parts based on your VIN. Then you can search for the best price for that part number - e.g. I found the best price for mine on amazon.
Thanks, I didn't know that part.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:32 PM
2015 Coupe
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Key Fob

Thanks to all. I'm going to my Local Chevy dealer.

Ron

Get notified of new replies

To Key FOB - Where to buy?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Key FOB - Where to buy?