Sponsored by:

Doug DeMuro

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 06:27 PM
Yatagon41
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
I've seen a couple of his videos and what really strikes me is that he's just not a car guy. He gets tripped up by things like never having seen the high beam switch on the floor before.

As a result whenever he talks about a classic car he commits the crime of comparing it to today's cars and dismissing old cars as almost 'mistakes'. It's weird.

If you're anything like me, if you're car shopping for a vehicle, by the time you get to the dealership you know way more about that car than the salesperson. And that's kind of how I feel watching his videos...
Old 02-09-2018, 06:40 PM
JumpingJackFlash
Account disabled by request 1 Mar 2018

Received 79 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Yatagon41
me too
Old 02-09-2018, 07:07 PM
Merkur
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I watched his review yesterday and thought it was the most unfair and biased review I have ever seen. It reminds me of a guy that was dumped by his girlfriend and is now telling people they are still friends. His C6 ZR1 review is just as bad.
The following users liked this post:
Xanthophyll (02-11-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 09:21 PM
dbirdhouse1
Safety Car

Received 876 Likes on 588 Posts

Default I disagree

Originally Posted by JumpingJackFlash
Demuro is a superficial douche bag. What really is this guy’s expertise in other than being an opinionated jackass? Who watches this guy anyway?...meh.
He brings that view of someone who likes cars but does not pretend to be the pinnacle of expertise. It therefore adds a realism to a review of a car from someone who comes to the vehicle with "fresh" eyes and sees cars from a larger perspective.

Therefore he misses stuff, makes mistakes but he also does not put cars on pedestals and brings a fun POV which will get under the skin of those who DO put their cars on pedestals. Douche? Nah.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:24 PM
lakemg
Melting Slicks

Received 909 Likes on 606 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
I've seen a couple of his videos and what really strikes me is that he's just not a car guy. He gets tripped up by things like never having seen the high beam switch on the floor before.

As a result whenever he talks about a classic car he commits the crime of comparing it to today's cars and dismissing old cars as almost 'mistakes'. It's weird.

If you're anything like me, if you're car shopping for a vehicle, by the time you get to the dealership you know way more about that car than the salesperson. And that's kind of how I feel watching his videos...
Couldn't have said it any better. You sir are spot on...

Quick Reply: Doug DeMuro