Sponsored by:

So much tension in the air

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 10:11 PM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

Thanks ally you posters... I his gave thread gave me the best laugh I've had all week.
The following users liked this post:
beaversstonehaven (02-10-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 10:56 PM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Received 473 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Too many angry internet tough guys. Little tolerance for differing tastes or opinions.
So you've been to PR&C
Old 02-09-2018, 11:03 PM
ojm
Le Mans Master

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Dude
So you've been to PR&C
One tar and feather was enough I have learned to avoid some sub forums.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:27 AM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,290 Likes on 1,400 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by PatternDayTrader
I don't really mind conflict. Go ask around the c4 forum and I think the general consensus will be that I am 50% troll. I'm not hiding it.
Maybe it’s just me, but that’s not something I’d be bragging about.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:37 AM
Little Red L98
Goon Squad BS Detector
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 428 Likes on 125 Posts
2018 C4 of the Year Winner
2017 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15, '17

Originally Posted by Frodo
Common sense isn't common anymore and too many people think Patience is a stripper at the Gold Club. America has become the land of the "offended" and the home of the "I'll do and say what I damned well want to". Its a poor commentary on our society that a group of like minded enthusiasts can't get along when they don't agree about trivial things.

Does anyone know what free speech is? We Americans think our founding fathers and our government give us freedom of speech, freedom to say anything we want to. Is that the intent of our founding fathers? Those guys came from a place where the king and the church told them what to say and think. When they decided to start a free country they felt the government should not infringe on the citizen's right to think and speak without censorship. That doesn't mean the rest of us have to like it or put up with it. The rest of us expect to be treated with respect and kindness, even if we act like dorks or nerds or whatever seems objectionable to the abuser. The government's freedom of speech isn't about having the freedom to heap retribution onto the unfortunate, its about being able to openly discuss anything without the government stepping in to shut it down.

Why not show the world you have the freedom of speech along with wisdom to contribute to the conversation without being rude or abusive.

(Frodo steps down from his soapbox)
You’d do well in PRC. Give it a whirl. No really. It’ll go well.

Originally Posted by MikeERWNC
Lighten up!

Dude, that’s a fkd up meme to post. Do you teach your kids or grandkids to pick on “retards”? Do you? Do you have anyone with a physical or mental disability in your family? Or are you just retarded yourself and trying to validate your existence.
The following 5 users liked this post by Little Red L98:
4thC4at60 (02-10-2018), dvilin (02-10-2018), ojm (02-10-2018), The_Dude (02-11-2018), TyBoo (02-10-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 06:32 AM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,457 Posts

Originally Posted by tcinla
Thanks ally you posters... I his gave thread gave me the best laugh I've had all week.
that's only because you're obviously hammered.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:40 AM
Curahee
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 76 Posts

Old 02-10-2018, 08:04 AM
danm1
Racer

Received 249 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by stevettec7
I have noticed over the last several weeks that a lot of owners/members have been what I would call “on edge.” As I read some of the posts and comments, I can’t help but notice the general anger for lack of a better word in some of them. I realize it is the nature of some people. It’s their personality, but I can’t understand why there seems to be so much combative conversation. I’ve seen plenty of name calling (Had a guy call me a dork recently because I posted an opinion thread.) I don’t know I just don’t get it obviously. Why on earth would someone who owns such a beautiful piece of machinery that is really just a toy if you think about it, be so angry all the time? I think the general attitude of these less than happy people seem annoyed at everything. You can almost see them rolling their eyes as they’re typing away a response that’s less than friendly.

It’s sad really.

Have be a better day!
You're right, a lot of arrogant and downright mean spirited people are on this Forum which made me consider leaving. However, I've met some great people who have responded back to me with questions I have posted and got some really good info and help. You just gotta take the good with the bad.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:27 AM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_R
Maybe it’s just me, but that’s not something I’d be bragging about.
I can assure you that I reserve that behavior for those that have it coming. I don't think the folks over here on this side of things have to put up with the same nonsense that goes around in the other forums. There is quite a lot of technical misinformation being passed around as fact and some people will fight their asses off like its true. You guys here don't really have the same problems since the majority of c7 cars are still under warranty.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:34 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,626 Likes on 6,630 Posts

Originally Posted by danm1
You're right, a lot of arrogant and downright mean spirited people are on this Forum which made me consider leaving. However, I've met some great people who have responded back to me with questions I have posted and got some really good info and help. You just gotta take the good with the bad.
Probably a reason why we often have a 100 times more folks viewing a thread than those posting! Don’t think it is any different than other things on the NET! Your job is to sort out the BS and useless comments from what might be correct!

I even am compelled to contribute in Wikipedia from time to time with documented references when I see a revisionist historical statement or outright incorrect info!
Old 02-10-2018, 11:02 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

And even this thread has devolved to name calling. We're done here.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:03 AM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,753 Likes on 4,182 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

OK guys, I think this thread has sunk to a level of no return....thread closed.

Quick Reply: So much tension in the air