Yes: you'll love it

No: You'll get sick of it
The following users liked this post:
speed4tu (02-11-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 02:40 PM
vdavenp802
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 53 Posts

One of the non mentioned benefits of a club is that in our meetings we have a 'tech' time to discuss, mods,problem, solution, dealers, in other words anything specific to the car itself.

Sure the forum is nice, but if you want to see a live case up close a club member can and will show you how they did it, or what it looks like on a car.

Not to mention Corvette people are the nicest people anywhere in the world.

Old 02-10-2018, 03:40 PM
Stan0324
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 109 Posts

Belong to the "No Rules Corvette Club" in Connecticut. We run a weekly Corvette cruise night during the summer and attend many car shows as a group.

Also, as the name suggest, we have
No rules, no meetings and no dues. Just plain Corvette fun.
The following 2 users liked this post by Stan0324:
449er (02-12-2018), woodsguy (02-12-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 07:16 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,820 Likes on 2,065 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Hi Emil. I see you found our forum in Jacksonville. Don't miss out on getting the pictures taken in March!

Elmer
JCC WebMaster - Officer
Old 02-10-2018, 08:07 PM
stillcrazy
Burning Brakes

Received 194 Likes on 125 Posts

Both me and the wife are in the Santa Clarita corvette club. Our club is a lot of fun, Our motto is drive and eat or eat and drive. We have a lot of fun, doing runs to fun places then eating. Santa Paula Chevy, sponsors a couple of BBQ during the year and other clubs join us there, it's 45 miles but the drive is great.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:14 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
I'm the President of the Corvette Club of Kansas City, Missouri (2nd year as President). These clubs are what you make of them. Sometimes you have to try out a few different ones to find the one that you click with and you also like the events that they have.
The above, along w. the other comments about sitting in on a meeting, or joining one that you seem to like is the right way to go. After all, it is NOT jail---you get to leave if you want. Clubs can be great, can change, can become boring, or stiff. It's voluntary to join, and to leave. Chances are you will learn more than you will be aggravated, but at some point it may just get to be too much. You decide.
Steve Garrett (02-11-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 09:24 PM
mbaessler
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
The above, along w. the other comments about sitting in on a meeting, or joining one that you seem to like is the right way to go. After all, it is NOT jail---you get to leave if you want. Clubs can be great, can change, can become boring, or stiff. It's voluntary to join, and to leave. Chances are you will learn more than you will be aggravated, but at some point it may just get to be too much. You decide.
One of the biggest plus's of our car club is that the local dealer supports it, contributes money to it, as well as gives us 20% off parts and labor. The dealer also gives away free stuff at our meetings. Like hats, shirts, oil changes etc. Kind of cool!
AORoads (02-11-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 09:40 PM
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin 🍺

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,440 Likes on 940 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2018 C7 of Year Winner
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

In my Corvette club there are no dues. We gather daily to discuss the merits of wax, polish, brake pads, radar detectors, alignment, dealers, discounts, tires, transmissions, spoilers, splitter, satellite radio packages, service, oil, mods, warranties, carbon fiber, battery tenders, and the virtues of chrome wheels vs black ones.. (grin)

Best club ever!
Old 02-10-2018, 10:20 PM
NCThirteen
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I joined a club when I had my 1st C7. I signed up to an event that the club was going to and was told there was a club dinner the night before. I arrived at the dinner only to find out that the "click" with in the club decided to go to dinner elsewhere leaving people not in the know about 5 of us to eat with each other and not with the rest of the club. The next morning in the hotel parking lot there were a lot of club members getting ready to head to the event. In stead of leaving together in a organized way everyone left when they felt like it. I walked around introducing myself but I felt like a stranger and not welcome. I am not saying all the clubs are like this, but I am hesitant about paying to join another and no I did not renew my membership.
Italianfox (02-11-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 10:36 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Originally Posted by NCThirteen
I joined a club when I had my 1st C7. I signed up to an event that the club was going to and was told there was a club dinner the night before. I arrived at the dinner only to find out that the "click" with in the club decided to go to dinner elsewhere leaving people not in the know about 5 of us to eat with each other and not with the rest of the club. The next morning in the hotel parking lot there were a lot of club members getting ready to head to the event. In stead of leaving together in a organized way everyone left when they felt like it. I walked around introducing myself but I felt like a stranger and not welcome. I am not saying all the clubs are like this, but I am hesitant about paying to join another and no I did not renew my membership.
A disorganized organization, is what it sounds like to me. Not your fault, but, you should have tried to get a contact within the club before attending the event. That could have smoothed things over for being in the know for the motel event. Unfortunately, cliques are everywhere. There's nothing that can break that down, especially if you split and never returned. If you become part of the inner circle, then you'll get a read on the inner workings. I can cite example after example where the clique, clicks the door shut. Many clubs aren't actually open to new members. It's not in their DNA to accommodate new members.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:53 PM
Nathaniel
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Car Clubs

i recently purchased a GS and was approached by a local Vette club. I entertained the idea, if you’re seriously entertaining look up Jacksonville car cruise I believe they have them 2x month on Main Street in Jacksonville, cars of all types and years. Almost positive you’ll find a few Vette guys out there. Hope this helps
Old 02-11-2018, 07:40 AM
SMT1004
Burning Brakes

Received 187 Likes on 127 Posts

I belong to two clubs. First club I joined has been fun, but hard to make meetings on a regular basis. Have gotten to meet some nice people and have done a couple overnigh out of town car shows. After our second trip we have been accepted and realized most people are cautious of new members as they come and go regularly. As has been mentioned you need to participate and appreciate different styles. Have gotten to see many great rare vettes.
Second club is very large in the area, even assigned a sponsor for your first year to help get you exposed to all they have to offer. Went to first meeting met my sponsor; we talked a few times before the meeting, he found out that I like the show n shine events, he’s not into that and basically never heard from him again. This club is definitely a class standing club. So the first club we participate in and enjoy the people, company, doing events together. Second club I just use for access to tracks that my club is too small to sign up with. Now all of this is personal preference and anyone may have a different outcome. In short try different clubs in your area, there is surely one you’d like and would appreciate you as well.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:31 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,820 Likes on 2,065 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Emil,

Look at the "Events" tab on our site. We're not even close to having it list everything we plan on doing. If you're not interested in this type of club and want to race your car, then our club is not for you. Our club is social, drive a lot, eat when you get there. Sometimes we do an over-night, sometimes we do a 3 or 4 day trip. All of our club meetings are held at restaurants ( draw your conclusions about that). Dues are $50/yr. and are prorated from March on.

We talk paint, mods, cars, cruises, and food. That's our club in a nutshell.

BTW, we're the biggest Corvette club in Jacksonville . Might be the only one too!

Elmer
Old 02-11-2018, 09:58 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by US Icon
In my Corvette club there are no dues. We gather daily to discuss the merits of wax, polish, brake pads, radar detectors, alignment, dealers, discounts, tires, transmissions, spoilers, splitter, satellite radio packages, service, oil, mods, warranties, carbon fiber, battery tenders, and the virtues of chrome wheels vs black ones.. (grin)

Best club ever!
Do you have enough time in the day to do all that? j/k
Old 02-11-2018, 10:16 AM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,067 Likes on 591 Posts

When my wife and I first got together I had my '99 C5 and we joined the Corvette club in our area. Mainly, because I'm a car guy and to meet new people for both of us who had both just come off of divorces. This club was one of the largest and oldest in the country but they did lots of cruises, events, car show, bot SCCA and NHRA racing so we had a great time and met many lifelong friends who even though we've moved kept in touch. Then we joined a club down here which is the largest in Florida. They also do lots of events too. That there are lots of retirees is true but what would you expect in Florida, aka God's Waiting Room? Plus many snow birds who come down here to enjoy their cars all year. But there's younger people too. Point is, you don't have to join any club. We still do plenty with our friends that have Vettes that aren't club related. But the thing I like is both of these clubs give a lot to various charities while still enjoying the Corvette hobby. Just saying.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:45 AM
Range_Rat
Safety Car

Received 231 Likes on 131 Posts

I see no downside to being a member of a Corvette Club. You can share interests, experiences, and information with like-minded individuals. You have opportunities to check out, admire, and discuss the cars and options that others have. It's all good.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:09 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

I have been in the same Corvette club since 1976. We have gone from the days of talking about changing rear end ratios, carb jets, headers, Holley carbs, fender flairs, and side pipes. Now we do car shows, eating trips, and vacation trips. I have met many new friends over 40 years and glad I still belong to the club.

Get notified of new replies

To Are Corvette Clubs Worth It?

Old 02-11-2018, 01:23 PM
Italianfox
Burning Brakes

Received 811 Likes on 375 Posts

I'm not a club joiner. I guess I'm a lone wolf or a hermit. But I participate in the Vettes for Vets and such as much as I can being a Vet myself with a Vette. My wife is the social butterfly. I could never live in a condo either with all the rules. If I want to fly the AMERICAN FLAG, i'll fly the flag and nobody can tell me i can't or it has to conform to a certain size, etc.

Last edited by Italianfox; 02-11-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:38 PM
spireland
Melting Slicks

Received 2,147 Likes on 877 Posts

I had a rough experience trying out a local club to me. Ended up being very clicky and only interested in their narrow focus of corvette ownership. I did end up finding a local group that isn't a real club, but a group of people that organize loosely on social media. I found that works a lot better.

Mileage may very though I wasn't a fan of the experience.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:37 PM
davefreeman
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Our club is one of the "no rules, no dues" clubs but has been a real benefit to owning a Corvette for us. Great group of people, many of whom we are now very good friends with, and a pretty good variety of activities. Very low key, but lots of fun everytime we get together.

Quick Reply: Are Corvette Clubs Worth It?