Sponsored by:

Seat belt problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 10:11 AM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Default Seat belt problem

So the other day I used a piece of 5/8 " plastic tubing 2 1/4 " ( black ) long to attach the prongs of the seat !!! 1st push one end down the bottom prong then gently bend the top prong to fit the top of the plastic tubing and move piece toward middle !!! Wayne
The following users liked this post:
Dif (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 10:47 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,605 Likes on 6,618 Posts

Originally Posted by wgood
So the other day I used a piece of 5/8 " plastic tubing 2 1/4 " ( black ) long to attach the prongs of the seat !!! 1st push one end down the bottom prong then gently bend the top prong to fit the top of the plastic tubing and move piece toward middle !!! Wayne
Yep, can work and I know some "other than short folk" use the guide but this is what it says in the Owner's Manual. I found early on (before I saw the note in the manual) using the guide uncomfortable and not needed!
Quoting the Owner's Maual:
"The seat has a safety belt guide. The safety belt guide helps position the shoulder belt over the shoulder and across the chest of smaller adults and of older children who have outgrown booster seats. "

Last edited by JerryU; 02-14-2018 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:56 AM
rogergcam
Pro

Received 163 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Seat Belt Problem

I used a short piece of shrink tubing to span the opening! Just slid it on, and hit with a heat gun...work great!
Old 02-14-2018, 11:13 AM
jimjimsC7
Pro

Received 481 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryU
Yep, can work and I know some "other than short folk" use the guide but this is what it says in the Owner's Manual. I found early on (before I saw the note in the manual) using the guide uncomfortable and not needed!
"The seat has a safety belt guide. The safety belt guide helps position the shoulder belt over the shoulder and across the chest of smaller adults and of older children who have outgrown booster seats. "
Great catch Jerry!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Seat Belt Guide.pdf (78.2 KB, 59 views)
Old 02-14-2018, 11:15 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,667 Likes on 8,311 Posts

That part of the manual is one of the inaccurate ones. Many of us tall people (6'2") prefer the shoulder harness staying in the guide because it's more comfortable, it's more accessible when buckling, and lastly, because the metal buckle doesn't ding your door panels when you release it.

My previous CPO '14 had a dozen or more dings in the driver door panel from the previous owner letting the buckle fly when releasing.
Blackbird13 (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 11:42 AM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Received 714 Likes on 482 Posts

I'm 6'3" and bought the Sandy Eggo clips for my belts. I like it much better and feel more secure using the guides and have no issue with comfort factor this wsy.
The following 2 users liked this post by NashvilleGrandSport:
Foosh (02-14-2018), ImpliedConsent (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 04:41 PM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Well I'm 5' 9'and my wife is 5'6" so I guess we are smaller people because I know the belts have been a pain in the *** since I bought the car and next month will 4 years so you would think by now there would have been a better solution or maybe I'm not as smart as I thought I once was or better late than never !!! Wayne
Old 02-14-2018, 04:52 PM
ImpliedConsent
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by NashvilleGrandSport
I'm 6'3" and bought the Sandy Eggo clips for my belts. I like it much better and feel more secure using the guides and have no issue with comfort factor this wsy.
I'm 5'11" (AND a half!) and I'm also using the Sandy Eggo clips. Love them staying in the guide. Comfort? They are as comfortable in or out of the guides, so... are any belts really comfortable? Can't wait for Demolition Man foam.
Blackbird13 (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 05:26 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,605 Likes on 6,618 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
That part of the manual is one of the inaccurate ones. Many of us tall people (6'2") prefer the shoulder harness staying in the guide because it's more comfortable, it's more accessible when buckling, and lastly, because the metal buckle doesn't ding your door panels when you release it.

My previous CPO '14 had a dozen or more dings in the driver door panel from the previous owner letting the buckle fly when releasing.
Probably depends on Coupe (which I have) vs Vert (which you have) and how you adjust the seat in addition to height. When I first got my early C7 coupe had not read the note about clip use and was trying to use it! I drive back with the rear tilted perhaps more than most. Realized the clip positon was not good for me. Then this quote about "short folk" was quoted on the Forum.

If the shoe fits wear it! Doesn't for me.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:36 PM
N2TU
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 195 Likes on 105 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Foosh

Get notified of new replies

To Seat belt problem

Quick Reply: Seat belt problem