Sponsored by:

Two things I learned today

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 07:27 PM
segen77
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Two things I learned today

First I realized that when you have a base model and don't have Mag Ride you don't have the five extra modes in the track performance mode. Guess that makes sense. For some reason I thought it did more than just change the suspension, but as I understand the manual that's not the case. If I'm wrong on this, please let me know.

Second. I went to a parking lot, and experimented with launch control. (kind of). I didn't actually let off the clutch since I wasn't trying to fly across the parking lot, but I did test out what it was like to let the RPM's level. I have to say, it's a strange feeling to floor it and see the RPM's level around 3500. Frankly, it's a little intimidating as you would expect to end up in the redline real quick.

I need to get down to the track one of these days just to do a straight line run. I prefer twisty tracks, but want to try the strip at least once.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:58 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Yes, the PTMS (I think that's what it's called) is great. I haven't messed around a whole lot with it, but Foosh has.

He can explain it so you know what you are missing.

I need to mess with it more, especially during the winter.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:54 PM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,298 Likes on 859 Posts

The different race modes affect traction control, stability control, max available torque, and percent eDiff lockup. Even Z51 without mag ride does not have the 5 race modes.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:59 PM
segen77
Racer

I'm assuming I just don't have any additional modes other than the track and launch control because I have a base
Old 02-17-2018, 09:10 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by segen77
First I realized that when you have a base model and don't have Mag Ride you don't have the five extra modes in the track performance mode. Guess that makes sense. For some reason I thought it did more than just change the suspension, but as I understand the manual that's not the case. If I'm wrong on this, please let me know.

Second. I went to a parking lot, and experimented with launch control. (kind of). I didn't actually let off the clutch since I wasn't trying to fly across the parking lot, but I did test out what it was like to let the RPM's level. I have to say, it's a strange feeling to floor it and see the RPM's level around 3500. Frankly, it's a little intimidating as you would expect to end up in the redline real quick.

I need to get down to the track one of these days just to do a straight line run. I prefer twisty tracks, but want to try the strip at least once.
Just make sure you have wheel in straight line when you do some of those launch control playing around with the car.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:15 PM
segen77
Racer

LOL. yeah, that's true

Get notified of new replies

To Two things I learned today

Quick Reply: Two things I learned today