Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much is my car worth?

Old 02-12-2018, 09:52 PM
KnOmEeZy
CF Senior Member

Default How much is my car worth?

As the title says

How much should I expect to get from my car? I just paid it off, but I'm thinking about upgrading, I've got well over 100k in this thing, but obviously, that doesn't matter. What can I realistically expect for a quick sale?

2014 Z51 2LT Vert, Torch Red with carbon flash spoiler and mirrors, black top, and yellow calipers - every option except napa leather

Car has the ECS1500 blower on it, Alkycontrol dual nozzle meth injection, Kooks longtube headers and midpipe - Factory NPP with custom electronic cutouts right before the mufflers if you really want to open it up. Z06 injectors and fuel pump, Brian Tooley custom cam with 32% increased fuel lope, ARP studs etc - custom dyno tune from national speed in Wilmington NS making 712whp, 600 tq via dynojet in 100-degree weather.

Body has the z06 grille, z06 sideskirts, i have a stage 1 z06 front splitter that was going to come off for the stage 3 front splitter to be put on... haven't installed it yet

Has 32000 original miles, 1 owner - me.

If I decide to sell, I still have most of the original factory parts (think I'm only missing intakes)

I also have a set of z06 19 reps with radials (might keep, may get a z06)

Anyways... HELP

what should I expect?
Old 02-12-2018, 10:15 PM
blb078
CF Senior Member

Can't comment on the value but what does it run in the 1/4?
Old 02-12-2018, 10:22 PM
KnOmEeZy
CF Senior Member

haven't had a chance to get a good pass,

had issues on the initial tune with the launch mode making the car cut off, and then it was like it topped out at 125 - so low 11's the only night I went out - had to have the tune corrected. It was over-spraying meth at the time I think. I was hoping to at least get a pass on it this season - although this car has only been to the strip 3 times - I drag race my GTR

I'd be disappointed if it's not at least a low 10, or cracking a 9 on a slick.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:30 PM
KnOmEeZy
CF Senior Member

I definitely put this in the wrong forum - mods - would you mind moving it?
Old 02-13-2018, 05:40 AM
Mr. Gizmo
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by KnOmEeZy View Post
As the title says

How much should I expect to get from my car? I just paid it off, but I'm thinking about upgrading, I've got well over 100k in this thing, but obviously, that doesn't matter. What can I realistically expect for a quick sale?

2014 Z51 2LT Vert, Torch Red with carbon flash spoiler and mirrors, black top, and yellow calipers - every option except napa leather

Car has the ECS1500 blower on it, Alkycontrol dual nozzle meth injection, Kooks longtube headers and midpipe - Factory NPP with custom electronic cutouts right before the mufflers if you really want to open it up. Z06 injectors and fuel pump, Brian Tooley custom cam with 32% increased fuel lope, ARP studs etc - custom dyno tune from national speed in Wilmington NS making 712whp, 600 tq via dynojet in 100-degree weather.

Body has the z06 grille, z06 sideskirts, i have a stage 1 z06 front splitter that was going to come off for the stage 3 front splitter to be put on... haven't installed it yet

Has 32000 original miles, 1 owner - me.

If I decide to sell, I still have most of the original factory parts (think I'm only missing intakes)

I also have a set of z06 19 reps with radials (might keep, may get a z06)

Anyways... HELP

what should I expect?
check kelly blue book or edmunds in private party sale for your car with 32k mileage and add an additional 5 to 10 cents on the dollar for mods. You’d be lucky to get 10 percent back on every dollar you spent on mods

if you are looking for a quick sale I would say something between trade in and private party.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:42 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Moving to C6.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:57 AM
dryadsdad
CF Senior Member

My guess is the mods will reduce what you can get at this point because they aren't proven. If you can produce a sub 10 run, then your mods are proved and you have a chance to get more than book via a private party. I doubt a dealer such as CarMax would even bid on this one because it'd mean warrantying someone else's work.

My guess if you can show a sub 10 run is take KBB and add $.10 on the dollar spent on the mods for a reasonable sales goal.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:07 AM
Corvette_Ed
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1 View Post
Moving to C6.
Why would you move a thread about a 2014 to C6? That's a C7.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:33 AM
dvilin
CF Senior Member

Thanked 2,468 Times in 1,804 Posts

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1 View Post
Moving to C6.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:49 AM
dvilin
CF Senior Member

Thanked 2,468 Times in 1,804 Posts

It is going to take a special buyer as most will be scared off by the mods.
Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo View Post

check kelly blue book or edmunds in private party sale for your car with 32k mileage and add an additional 5 to 10 cents on the dollar for mods. You’d be lucky to get 10 percent back on every dollar you spent on mods

if you are looking for a quick sale I would say something between trade in and private party.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:53 AM
Snowwolfe
CF Senior Member

How much is it worth?
Last January I sold a 2013 GS 3LT with an A&A supercharger on it for $43K. Car had 12,000 miles on it and was heavily optioned including both roofs and new Michelin's Pilot Sports all around. My car was in perfect condition with a $3,500 upgraded stereo system.

The key is to find someone who wants to buy a car already modded. That being said I think the most you could expect to get for the car is upper $40's and it will take awhile to find a potential buyer.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:25 AM
KnOmEeZy
CF Senior Member

Such a bleak outlook.

It seems corvette guys have a different mindset about modified cars than most people I race with.

I sold one of my modded GTR for 18k over book value. Getting a time slip won't be hard once the tracks reopen.

40k is sad if that's what depreciation is on the c7, car was 75k new, I wouldn't be trying to trade the car in or sell to a dealer. I suppose it's a matter of marketing to the right buyer, but at 40k I would rather blow it up with tannerite for YouTube lol.

Last edited by KnOmEeZy; 02-13-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:36 AM
pbergmann
CF Senior Member

$30 - $35k would be a fair guess based on what I've seen.

Such a bleak outlook.

It seems corvette guys have a different mindset about modified cars than most people I race with.

I sold one of my modded GTR for 18k over book value. Getting a time slip won't be hard once the tracks reopen.

40k is sad if that's what depreciation is on the c7, car was 75k new, I wouldn't be trying to trade the car in or sell to a dealer. I suppose it's a matter of marketing to the right buyer, but at 40k I would rather blow it up with tannerite for YouTube lol.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:41 AM
KnOmEeZy
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by pbergmann View Post
$30 - $35k would be a fair guess based on what I've seen.
where are all these supercharged c7 for 30k?

is this a troll lol?
Old 02-13-2018, 10:44 AM
Snowwolfe
CF Senior Member

Such a bleak outlook.

I said upper 40's IF you could find the right buyer who was looking for a high performance car. Doubt you would find a dealer willing to take it for anywhere near 40 because of the mods. My suggestion is to get the car dialed in and daily drive it so all the bugs are worked out then try to sell it. It is even more difficult to sell a modded car that hasn't been "sorted out". Any potential buyer with a half a brain knows they have to have $5-10k in reserve for repairs "just in case". HP ain't cheap to play with unless it comes from the factory.
But of course, you can always buy the tannerite and blow it up. That would be cool to watch!

Last edited by Snowwolfe; 02-13-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:47 AM
DPC57
CF Senior Member

FWIW, almost bought this car last November. Notice it's still on their lot at a decent price with a name brand mod package. And not selling.

https://www.carspluslenoir.com/windo...TTE%20STINGRAY
Old 02-13-2018, 10:50 AM
fugly1
CF Senior Member

Based on depreciation alone (15% per year), a car worth $75k four years ago is worth $39k now.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:55 AM
Dave1998
CF Senior Member

Wake up and smell the petrol. Realistically, the only way this car will sell soon is to take it back to stock condition, take your 39 K and sell the parts here on the forum or ebay.

I am sure many others here will agree with me
Old 02-13-2018, 10:56 AM
KnOmEeZy
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by fugly1 View Post
Based on depreciation alone (15% per year), a car worth $75k four years ago is worth $39k now.
my GTRs have spoiled me. Lol
Old 02-13-2018, 10:57 AM
eZg

I'm new to the vette world.......but not the Modding world. I sank over $35K into an Infiniti TT build.

Most guy in JDM world part out then sell the car. Pain in the *** but yeilds the most money.

Good Luck regardless!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How much is my car worth?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: