Sponsored by:

I bought a C7 at 20

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 12:35 PM
patentcad
Drifting

Received 757 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Baltimoron
He bought used, so while it may help the community as a whole, Chevy wont care since they’re not actually moving more cars.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:38 PM
Baltimoron
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by patentcad
Old 05-13-2018, 01:21 PM
PobreWey
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

</bump>
Old 05-13-2018, 01:44 PM
LiberatedLuis
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave80C3
I did read the whole thread before I posted. I saw this thread as there was a link to it in a new thread. Seems to me like he is paying for the car. That is way better then what I see with most kids the last 10 years, just given the car by Mommy and or Daddy. All they did was sign, rather than give. Seems he has to pay rent to live at home. Again, most kids into mid 20's are living at home now days rent free.

He may not be making the smartest choices, but at least he is doing a lot more then the majority of kids his age.

Very few kids today are in to cars, hotrods, or motorcycles. Not like we were in the 70's and 80's. Maybe he will develop a true interest.

I know Harley's the only thing I cherish as much as Corvettes, are dying fast. Sales are way down, kids have no clue how to ride a bike, let alone a motorcycle. They have no interest in it.

Got my first Harley at 19, and first Vette at 24. Owned at least one of each ever since.
I do pay for every single bill or service I partake of. I pay my insurance for both cars that I own. I pay rent, I pay for the internet, and I am still growing my savings at a very good rate! I'm jumping into two new businesses as well! I've definitely become more involved with the car as you might read in my other post, and I'm much more humble about owning the car than I was a few months ago. Thank you for your posts! I appreciate people who found a way to appreciate this thread even before I expressed a lot about me. It was not the wisest decision whatsoever and for a while I did consider just taking the car to a car max and selling short, those thoughts of quitting passed long ago, and before I took the car on a few road trips. I will own this car for a long time!
Old 05-13-2018, 01:45 PM
LiberatedLuis
Intermediate

Originally Posted by patentcad
lol
Old 05-13-2018, 01:54 PM
LiberatedLuis
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Baltimoron
I agree with most everything you said. I just learned young the beauty of compound interest and making smart investments, which will pay back exponentially over time. I’m 36, which comparatively, makes me a kid on this board, but because of the decision I’ve made in the past, I’m in a good position to be able to retire before I’m 50. I know not everyone has that goal, but I take pride in that financial security, and find it a bit insulting when some kid starts running his mouth about how he’s got it all figured out when he’s dropped out of high school, run up a bunch of debt and bought an expensive and unnecessary luxury. I would think I’d be in good company here, since owning corvettes isn’t a poor mans game, so I was surprised at how many people encouraged the kids behavior.

With regards to motorcycles, and specifically Harley’s, I think you’re sadly correct. Most people in my age range that are into bikes want crotch rockets, not cruisers. I probably would be in that camp as well, but I live in the DC area, and don’t particularly want to die riding around the fools on the road here, so I never got into it.
Whilst it wasn't the smartest financial decision, I made it. I can't take it back, and I don't think about doing so at all. My savings is still growing at a good pace, and I'm jumping into new businesses. I don't at all think I have it all figured out, though I may have come across that way previously in this thread... I realize life's a journey and I'm always learning as I go. I've definitely humbled myself to appreciate the car in a much better manner. My appreciation and how I experience the vehicle has evolved so much compared to a few months ago. A few months ago it was "cool" and I was very worried about the car. Now it's "pretty cool", but because one not everyone can handle the financial responsibility that I've taken on; and I'm no longer worried at all, I embrace taking it out on the road and enjoying it. I know I live at home with my parents and while I'm looking to change that in the near future, right now that's where I'm at. Whilst I may not know all the history on corvette's and may not be a prudent owner... I know I love my car and can't wait to put another thousand miles on it taking it to Denver. I appreciate all the input you've invested into this thread!
Old 05-13-2018, 06:10 PM
Custom Corvette Accessories
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 432 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by LiberatedLuis

it's not new it's a 2015, though it had 5600 miles (:
^^^^^^^^^^^^
...and Smart too...

Congrats

Chip
Old 05-13-2018, 10:10 PM
Dave80C3
Melting Slicks

Received 277 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by LiberatedLuis
Whilst it wasn't the smartest financial decision, I made it. I can't take it back, and I don't think about doing so at all. My savings is still growing at a good pace, and I'm jumping into new businesses. I don't at all think I have it all figured out, though I may have come across that way previously in this thread... I realize life's a journey and I'm always learning as I go. I've definitely humbled myself to appreciate the car in a much better manner. My appreciation and how I experience the vehicle has evolved so much compared to a few months ago. A few months ago it was "cool" and I was very worried about the car. Now it's "pretty cool", but because one not everyone can handle the financial responsibility that I've taken on; and I'm no longer worried at all, I embrace taking it out on the road and enjoying it. I know I live at home with my parents and while I'm looking to change that in the near future, right now that's where I'm at. Whilst I may not know all the history on corvette's and may not be a prudent owner... I know I love my car and can't wait to put another thousand miles on it taking it to Denver. I appreciate all the input you've invested into this thread!
At 20, most of us did not make the smartest decisions in the the world. Heck we were 20 and didn't have 40 years of life experiences.

I am sure buying a Harley at 19 was not smart, when I did not even have a garage to keep it in. I am positive buying a Corvette at 24, with a young wife, and having both our daily transportation cars having over 125K miles on them was not smart. Heck, we owned a 15 year old mobile home. However I did finally have the car I dreamed about since I was 8 years old.

I kept my first corvette for 31 years. I learned lots from my mistakes. Never ever had a late payment on anything I owned ever. Yea shortly after buying the Corvette, I realized I could not really afford it and food. So I got a part time job.

Many years later, I can pay off everything except my home and still have money left in my investments.

Learning is part of life. Smart people continue to learn, well past their 20's. I still learn now, and take Tech courses as technology advances so my skills stay current.
The following users liked this post:
LiberatedLuis (05-14-2018)
Old 05-14-2018, 05:28 AM
LiberatedLuis
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dave80C3
At 20, most of us did not make the smartest decisions in the the world. Heck we were 20 and didn't have 40 years of life experiences.

I am sure buying a Harley at 19 was not smart, when I did not even have a garage to keep it in. I am positive buying a Corvette at 24, with a young wife, and having both our daily transportation cars having over 125K miles on them was not smart. Heck, we owned a 15 year old mobile home. However I did finally have the car I dreamed about since I was 8 years old.

I kept my first corvette for 31 years. I learned lots from my mistakes. Never ever had a late payment on anything I owned ever. Yea shortly after buying the Corvette, I realized I could not really afford it and food. So I got a part time job.

Many years later, I can pay off everything except my home and still have money left in my investments.

Learning is part of life. Smart people continue to learn, well past their 20's. I still learn now, and take Tech courses as technology advances so my skills stay current.
Keep staying hungry and keep learning. The evolution of technology presents a void, and opportunity for those who learn to utilize it. 31 years is a long time by the way o.o

Quick Reply: I bought a C7 at 20