67 coupe
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 37 Posts

Leave it off.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:21 PM
TXshaggy
Drifting

Received 1,093 Likes on 608 Posts

Possible someone removed as a souvenir between BG and delivery....
Old 02-15-2018, 01:08 AM
Grimlock13
Melting Slicks

Received 139 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
I know you don't want ot hear this, but another possibility is that the rear end suffered some damage during shipping or at the dealer and they repainted the back end and forgot to put the CORVETTE lettering on.
If it was brand new, that is very possible.

Could have just scratched it when it was off for a dealer installed spoiler also.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:40 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawk129
New guy question. Bought my 17 GS last fall. Recently realized there is no “Corvette” badge under the flags on the back of my girl. Went back at looked through some of the first pics I took of her, and see that it was missing when she was on the dealers lot as well. Can’t believe I never noticed.

Were there models where this was intentionally left off? I’ve seen others on here that don’t have it either.
First of all...HELLO from Salem.

If I were you, I would crawl under the back of the car with a flashlight and look for damage to the back of the car.
If you don't find anything and the car drives flawlessly, I wouldn't worry about it.
However, if you really want the Lettering, go to the dealer and ask for it.

FWIW, I share the opinion of a lot of guys here and prefer my car without it.
Removing it really cleans up the look of the car IMO.
Of course, YMMV.

BTW, which dealer did you buy from?

I know you don't want ot hear this, but another possibility is that the rear end suffered some damage during shipping or at the dealer and they repainted the back end and forgot to put the CORVETTE lettering on.
The most likely explanation...

Originally Posted by sTz
or the person on the assembly line went to sleep.
Highly unlikely IMO, it would have stood out and likely been corrected in Bowling Green fairly quickly.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:00 AM
iTom
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

If your car is damaged in transport and the dealer repairs it, do they have to disclose it to the new owner? I'm worried. My dealer called me to tell me my car arrived and then 2 hours later called me back and said they made a mistake and it wasn't my car. Then told me it should be arriving soon. After I read your post, I started wondering!!!!
Old 02-15-2018, 09:57 AM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

well,the car is lighter now
Old 02-15-2018, 10:11 AM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,693 Likes on 5,594 Posts

Originally Posted by iTom
If your car is damaged in transport and the dealer repairs it, do they have to disclose it to the new owner? I'm worried. My dealer called me to tell me my car arrived and then 2 hours later called me back and said they made a mistake and it wasn't my car. Then told me it should be arriving soon. After I read your post, I started wondering!!!!
I don't believe manufacturers can sell a vehicle "as new" if it's had over a certain $ amount of damaged repaired. I'm not sure exactly the figure is or if that's still the case.

I do have some experience with this as I purchased a new Dodge Durango probably 10 years ago and upon first time washing it found evidence of re-paint on an inside on door jam. I took it back to the dealership where their body shop determine the entire passenger side had almost double the paint thickness of the rest of the vehicle verifying the side had been repaired/repainted.

Upon contacting Dodge, they offered me a new Durango. There wasn't anything on the lot that interested me and it was too late in the year to order same model so they let me order the next model year equipped anyway I wanted it while driving my existing Durango for about 3 months until new one came in. The new one was fully loaded and about $12,000 more, however they swapped me even.
The following users liked this post:
iTom (02-15-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 10:25 AM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,693 Likes on 5,594 Posts

Considering how many don't care for the "CORVETTE" emblem it's good that it's fairly easy to remove.
Doesn't bother me at all, but then I'm a "purest" when it comes to keeping cars and and motorcycles close to stock. It comes from my 'collector/investor' mentality where the old Vettes/Harleys/Indians/Winchesters are worth SO MUCH more when stork/original. Of course this doesn't apply to C7s which are hardly a collectible or investment and more opposite an investment.

Last edited by Kevin A Jones; 02-15-2018 at 10:38 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Kevin A Jones:
blkvet6 (02-15-2018), curve65 (02-15-2018), iTom (02-15-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 02:54 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by iTom
That varies by state (it is governed by state law, not federal law). A fairly common approach is that any damage above 5% of the MSRP must be disclosed in writing. Under 5%, no disclosure is required unless the buyer specifically asks.

If you find any evidence of prior damage, you need to research your state laws regarding this situation to see what limits may apply.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:14 PM
Billy346
Burning Brakes

Received 405 Likes on 228 Posts

I wouldn't over-think it. If there's no obvious sign of damage, it probably just got left off at the factory. Who knows? Maybe the guy that runs the jig that installs the emblems ran out of Corvette badges. If it had a big old scratch across the back of the car, now that would be something to get worked up about. But a missing badge that identifies a car that really needs no introduction? As they say in New Jersey.... Fuggetaboutit!
Old 02-15-2018, 03:17 PM
iclick
Melting Slicks

Received 618 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by rikhek
We take them off as we don't need no stinkin' badges. Too many badges on the car for many owner's tastes.
IMO the stock badges are okay as long as they're black.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:14 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

The badge is fine...it's the Lettering that has to go.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:15 PM
dprestidge
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 134 Posts

May have fallen off. One of the stingray emblems on fell off. I thought someone had stolen it but there was no glue residue. Dealer was amazed, put new one on and sent me on my way.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:32 PM
Dellrose
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

My 2016 ZO6 also arrived at the dealer without the “Corvette” badge on the back. I tracked the order all the way and showed up at the dealer the day after it arrived. At first, I thought about calling them to get the badge, but after seeing so many here that debadge and looking at pictures with/without, I decided I liked it as is.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dellrose:
blkvet6 (02-15-2018), sunsalem (02-16-2018)
Old 02-28-2018, 06:26 AM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 921 Likes on 614 Posts

Very unlikely it left the factory without the lettering. While manufacturing does make mistakes, the amount of scrutiny that they plants have nowadays makes this highly unlikely.

I'd assume it was repainted at the dealer due to some sort of bumper damage.

Quick Reply: “Corvette” badge