Sponsored by:

EDC in your C7

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 08:58 PM
Astrowing
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Astrowing
Electronic Drawing Control in our business.
Someone came through our gate last year with his EDC between the windshield and hood. Sat on the hood all day long.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:07 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,687 Likes on 5,589 Posts

SIG P938 9mm behind the NAV screen while I'm in car or tucked in the small of my back in my sticky holster.

Last edited by Kevin A Jones; 02-16-2018 at 09:08 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kevin A Jones:
GTX JOHN (02-19-2018), ImpliedConsent (02-16-2018)
Old 02-16-2018, 09:14 PM
Wjereb
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by GTX JOHN
25 behind the screen......Unless going to the bad part of town then Glock 43 behind screen!
I’ve always been afraid of putting my G42 behind the screen for fear of jamming the door.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:35 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

This topic comes up few months. My comment is always the same:

Put the gun on your body and leave it there unless going into a restricted area.

You don't need to draw and shoot in the car. If you stay to shoot when you could have driven away, you're already in big legal trouble. If the car is disabled and you need to exit, you want the gun to stay concealed and with you with no additional time or movement to alert the bad guys or be fumbled.

If you get in the habit or putting the gun on/off every time you exit/enter the car, sooner or later:
1. You'll shoot yourself in the *** while trying to holster/unholster, or your passenger or the car. And your hearing may never be the same.
2. You'll leave the gun behind in the car that one day when you desperately need it.
3. Someone will see you putting on the gun and phone the police about "guy getting ready to rob xxx store."

30+ years of training and supervising police officers taught me a lot. This is one of the lessons.
The following 4 users liked this post by Gearhead Jim:
Boiler_81 (02-17-2018), ElGreco53 (02-17-2018), Italianfox (02-17-2018), proexpert (02-16-2018)
Old 02-17-2018, 09:03 AM
rrsperry
Safety Car

Received 1,412 Likes on 737 Posts

Twin Barrett M107a1's that pop out of the front fenders.

Ok, I'm kidding, but really, where do you all live that you feel required to be strapped all the time? Heck, I'm in Baltimore all the time, and have never felt like I'd be safer if I had a weapon...
Old 02-17-2018, 09:29 AM
franknbeans
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts

G26 fits in the middle arm rest.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:50 AM
Ronstar
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 46 Posts

Conti and the service guy acted like they were handling a freaking bomb
Old 02-17-2018, 10:02 AM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
This topic comes up few months. My comment is always the same:

Put the gun on your body and leave it there unless going into a restricted area.

You don't need to draw and shoot in the car. If you stay to shoot when you could have driven away, you're already in big legal trouble. If the car is disabled and you need to exit, you want the gun to stay concealed and with you with no additional time or movement to alert the bad guys or be fumbled.

If you get in the habit or putting the gun on/off every time you exit/enter the car, sooner or later:
1. You'll shoot yourself in the *** while trying to holster/unholster, or your passenger or the car. And your hearing may never be the same.
2. You'll leave the gun behind in the car that one day when you desperately need it.
3. Someone will see you putting on the gun and phone the police about "guy getting ready to rob xxx store."

30+ years of training and supervising police officers taught me a lot. This is one of the lessons.
It depends on which vehicle I'm using and how long I will be in it whether I leave on me or transfer to vehicle. As mentioned above, I conceal carry in back of my pants and that's not comfortable in my C7 nor do I want to risk marking my seat back, so SIG goes behind the screen.

I don't agree with your statement "sooner or later you'll 1.2.3 etc" as firearm accidents do happen, however many carry firearms for years and will never experience a misfortune you describe.

Always following basic firearm safety, being familiar with your firearm and knowing how to use it are paramount for safe/trouble-free firearm carry and use.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:09 AM
Ronstar
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by rrsperry

Ok, I'm kidding, but really, where do you all live that you feel required to be strapped all the time? Heck, I'm in Baltimore all the time, and have never felt like I'd be safer if I had a weapon...
I most definitely feel safer with my weapon on my side. No matter if I'm in a bad area or not.
I understand if a person doesn't like or want to own a gun and I have no problem with their choice,,,however
A lot of us concealed carry owners feel that it is more than just personal protection. We feel like it is our right/responsibility to protect others as well. law enforcement cannot possibly stop crimes before they happen,they simply mop up the carnage and try to catch the guy AFTER he has alraedy killed dozens.
I'm sure most of the people who were present when some maniac walked into a mall or movie theater or school and starts shooting innocent people thought they would never need a gun. Maybe if someone wasa there to shoot back innocent lives could have been saved. there are many examples of this happening but you hear much about those heroes in the media. They would rather have us all huddled in a corner hoping we don't get shot.

These cowards are looking for helpless victims.As soon as bullets start coming back at them they run....or get stopped.

I probably and hopefully will never be in that situation and will never need a gun...
but if one is,and needs a gun....you REALLY NEED a gun
The following 4 users liked this post by Ronstar:
Boiler_81 (02-17-2018), Kevin A Jones (02-17-2018), Olden Slowe (02-17-2018), Wjereb (02-18-2018)
Old 02-17-2018, 10:29 AM
TSLAVette
Drifting

Received 292 Likes on 157 Posts

.357sig in Glock clothing. Bring enough gun.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:35 AM
TSLAVette
Drifting

Received 292 Likes on 157 Posts

Carrying a CCW is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. When you can predict where danger will strike, i suppose you can carry (or not) with more precision. Others have said it well - you are the first line of defense. Law enforcement is called 'first RESPONDERS' as the probability that they are in the right place at the right time is approximately 0.00001. Train, be mentally prepared and protect those that you love. No more, no less.

Baltimore, no gun ... that's Darwin thinking for certain.
The following users liked this post:
Boiler_81 (02-17-2018)
Old 02-17-2018, 10:40 AM
6spdC6
Team Owner

Location: Northern NYs Adirondack Mountains,http://www.visitsacandaga.com.
Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Been legally able to carry a concealed handgun since early 1970s here in the peoples republic of NY and its on my person!
Old 02-17-2018, 11:18 AM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Originally Posted by Ronstar
I most definitely feel safer with my weapon on my side. No matter if I'm in a bad area or not.
I understand if a person doesn't like or want to own a gun and I have no problem with their choice,,,however
A lot of us concealed carry owners feel that it is more than just personal protection. We feel like it is our right/responsibility to protect others as well. law enforcement cannot possibly stop crimes before they happen,they simply mop up the carnage and try to catch the guy AFTER he has alraedy killed dozens.
I'm sure most of the people who were present when some maniac walked into a mall or movie theater or school and starts shooting innocent people thought they would never need a gun. Maybe if someone wasa there to shoot back innocent lives could have been saved. there are many examples of this happening but you hear much about those heroes in the media. They would rather have us all huddled in a corner hoping we don't get shot.

These cowards are looking for helpless victims.As soon as bullets start coming back at them they run....or get stopped.

I probably and hopefully will never be in that situation and will never need a gun...
but if one is,and needs a gun....you REALLY NEED a gun

I've been robbed at gunpoint twice and fortunately wasn't hurt either time. This first time I was 17 and working the checkout counter at a super market and had no firearm, and the second was when my business was robbed and I had a firearm under the counter in close reaching distance.
I felt a little less helpless the second time knowing I at least had a fighting chance had the thief demonstrated the slightest indication he was going to shoot anyone.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:05 PM
Jaylars
Pro

Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts

Appendix carry IWB LCP pretty much everywhere (Enhanced Idaho laws). Personally I feel there is no need to store a firearm in your car at all. If you cant bring a weapon into the place you're going, don't bring it. Twenty-five years in the military taught me to never leave a weapon unsecured. FYI, Crossbreed makes one of the most comfortable holsters out there.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:09 PM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts

Ttidas
Old 02-17-2018, 01:36 PM
rrsperry
Safety Car

Received 1,412 Likes on 737 Posts

Originally Posted by MlwYlw
Carrying a CCW is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. When you can predict where danger will strike, i suppose you can carry (or not) with more precision. Others have said it well - you are the first line of defense. Law enforcement is called 'first RESPONDERS' as the probability that they are in the right place at the right time is approximately 0.00001. Train, be mentally prepared and protect those that you love. No more, no less.

Baltimore, no gun ... that's Darwin thinking for certain.
That’s fine if you train, but how many actually do? How many would be Rambos are there that are packing, because it’s thier right, and what happens when they whip it out and start shooting back?

And there’s a huge difference between training, and actually doing. I’ve seen plenty of times when highly trained people lose thier grip, when something real goes down. Submarines, and actual fire or flooding can reveal a lot about a trained guy.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:41 PM
Jaylars
Pro

Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts

That’s fine if you train, but how many actually do? How many would be Rambos are there that are packing, because it’s thier right, and what happens when they whip it out and start shooting back?

And there’s a huge difference between training, and actually doing. I’ve seen plenty of times when highly trained people lose thier grip, when something real goes down. Submarines, and actual fire or flooding can reveal a lot about a trained guy.
Then the untrained person will pay the consequences of his/her actions. Now apply the same logic to a young carjacker, gang member candidate, or a crazy gun toting wack job in a school.
It is usually those that have never experienced a real life or death situation that tend to come up with "what if" victim scenarios.
I'm willing to accept some risk from people who mean well than to accept risk from people who don't.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jaylars:
GTX JOHN (02-19-2018), Ronstar (02-18-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To EDC in your C7

Old 02-17-2018, 08:45 PM
RFZ
Melting Slicks

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by ImpliedConsent
Hmm... it seems you made an assumption that I had only one EDC. Oh man.
silly me
ImpliedConsent (02-18-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 03:46 PM
muncie21
Melting Slicks

Received 179 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronstar
Conti and the service guy acted like they were handling a freaking bomb
That's kinda what I was thinking too.

I guess some people really believe that guns randomly fire themselves without anyone pulling the trigger
Old 02-18-2018, 05:15 PM
ImpliedConsent
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by muncie21
That's kinda what I was thinking too. I guess some people really believe that guns randomly fire themselves without anyone pulling the trigger
I don't think they know much about guns. My guess is the owner said: "I'm pretty sure the safety is off" (it was) and these guys thought the worst.
GTX JOHN (02-19-2018)

Quick Reply: EDC in your C7