Sponsored by:

Radio update 17-NA-025

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 05:32 PM
kaplana08
Pro

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Radio update 17-NA-025

GM released this update for many radio and electronic problems. Anyone thinking of having this update installed, unless you have big problems that this update might cure,don't bother. I installed it because update notes said it would fix the radio turning on all by itself when starting the car after being turned off. Well it worked for about a week then same old problem. It also erased my settings and I had to reset all my settings. Also if the radio is off and I use the phone link after hanging up, the radio goes on...So much for the GM update..I really should have known better. Writing software for this elementary radio should be simple for any professional writer to design. For anyone having a similar radio problem, I am 100% Sure radio turning on was caused by the air bag update. I never had this problem until immediately after the air bag update. Just giving a heads up to avoid this update.

Last edited by kaplana08; 02-17-2018 at 05:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
VNAMVET (02-18-2018)
Old 02-17-2018, 11:45 PM
buckeye4
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by kaplana08
GM released this update for many radio and electronic problems. Anyone thinking of having this update installed, unless you have big problems that this update might cure,don't bother. I installed it because update notes said it would fix the radio turning on all by itself when starting the car after being turned off. Well it worked for about a week then same old problem. It also erased my settings and I had to reset all my settings. Also if the radio is off and I use the phone link after hanging up, the radio goes on...So much for the GM update..I really should have known better. Writing software for this elementary radio should be simple for any professional writer to design. For anyone having a similar radio problem, I am 100% Sure radio turning on was caused by the air bag update. I never had this problem until immediately after the air bag update. Just giving a heads up to avoid this update.
I had it done. I was losing hands free blue-tooth cell voice commands.
Fix all my problems and zero issues with the update.
The following users liked this post:
VNAMVET (02-18-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 09:30 AM
kaplana08
Pro

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by buckeye4
I had it done. I was losing hands free blue-tooth cell voice commands.
Fix all my problems and zero issues with the update.
I guess I am unlucky then. I have no real complaint I just thought the update would fix the radio turn on problem as it was supposed to but it did not. Well no big deal
Old 02-18-2018, 03:28 PM
c54u
Melting Slicks

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts

After 2 months of getting my 2017, my screen came up with the display saying "Waiting for update media"

So, I took it in and had the update done and no problems since.

I also checked to make sure I did not have the same software version after they gave me the car back.

All is good.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...radi-1326.html

Get notified of new replies

To Radio update 17-NA-025

Quick Reply: Radio update 17-NA-025