C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What .45 small handgun will fit behind the C7 nav screen?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 07:14 PM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by slickstick
Good luck with your efforts to repeal the second amendment
Now we wait with breath held till Dave can reply yet again how he is right & the rest are just visitors to his world.
The following users liked this post:
Caberlee2017 (03-05-2018)
Old 03-05-2018, 07:41 PM
Caberlee2017
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ImpliedConsent
Is this another one of your "facts" ... or a veiled threat? Just stop posting here as it relates to firearms. It's quite obvious you know only what you can quickly Google. You make up facts about something you know nothing about. Like slickstick said: good luck with the repeal effort.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:46 PM
C7GrandSportC7
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fugly1
Do other car forums have so many threads about guns? Seems very weird to me.
Every car forum I have been involved with over the past decade, yes. Not sure why it's weird, though.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:03 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by ImpliedConsent
Is this another one of your "facts" ... or a veiled threat? Just stop posting here as it relates to firearms. It's quite obvious you know only what you can quickly Google. You make up facts about something you know nothing about. Like slickstick said: good luck with the repeal effort.
You should go sit by the phone. When it doesn't ring that's me not phoning you for permission to post.

Now we wait with breath held till Dave can reply
You know if there even an ounce of intelligent debate here I'd do it, but there just isn't. I'd have to play both sides to make it sound and stupider than some of the people actually in this thread.

Last edited by davepl; 03-05-2018 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:06 PM
Pzilly
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by chefcg1
All I’m going to say is that once you have been a victim of gun violence yourself your attitude might be different. I personally have been and have the bullet wound to prove it. I was fortunate and only got shot at point blank range in the arm disarming the criminal who was in position of an illegally procured hand gun. I carry daily now and have legally purchased my guns and have been trained on how to use them if ever the situation arises. I will protect myself, my family and anyone who is being victimized within the legal boundaries set forth in our country.
key word here, "Training" kudos to you sir! What this country needs is not to dis arm it, but to educate and train it!!!! All gun owners should have to attend a 6-8 hour basic training and safety course, and CCP should be another 6-8 hour course. I had my PA CCP for 10 years and it wasnt until I attended the Utah CCP class I realized I had been in the wrong many times. Most people never realized where you can and can't carry, I have friends I correct all the time, some of them thought they could carry in a bar.... We need education.. .

As to the OP, skip the 45, hard to beat a 38 revolver for what your trying to accomplish..
Old 03-05-2018, 11:35 PM
SD1
Burning Brakes

Received 343 Likes on 170 Posts

I would fabricate a hard mount for an AR under the B Pillar/roll bar

I love .45's but why in God's name would you want one in those mini frames??? I also agree with other comments that even though its hidden, its not exactly secure and that is not exactly cool, but are you guys actually leaving it in there???? Are you only worried about threats while you are IN the car...... : ) ??
Old 05-12-2020, 03:25 PM
Keithwinnfl
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

old thread - but to correct the inaccuracy - even if guns disappeared - our suicide rate is likely to remain the same or grow.
Japan has a suicide rate in excess of the US - and they kill themselves with less stress in their lives and NO guns to speak of...
So -- if the Japanese have a higher suicide rate than the US - and they do not use guns to do so, and they have less stress - why would removing guns from our law-abiding citizens reduce our suicide rate?
The following users liked this post:
72vetteman (05-13-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 05:17 PM
4thC4at60
Le Mans Master

Received 2,922 Likes on 1,303 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithwinnfl
old thread - but to correct the inaccuracy - even if guns disappeared - our suicide rate is likely to remain the same or grow.
Japan has a suicide rate in excess of the US - and they kill themselves with less stress in their lives and NO guns to speak of...
So -- if the Japanese have a higher suicide rate than the US - and they do not use guns to do so, and they have less stress - why would removing guns from our law-abiding citizens reduce our suicide rate?
You need to read a bit before you post - Stress is a HUGE killer in more ways than one IN Japan..... you obviously known nothing about Japan. Get that part of your statement correct and perhaps someone will pay attention to you....
Old 05-12-2020, 05:23 PM
rcn
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 66 Posts

My S&W Shield 2.0 9mm fits back there perfectly. So does my Sig P365 9mm but it's my carry gun so it usually stays on me.

Last edited by rcn; 05-12-2020 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:44 PM
trumanjd1
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Contrarian
So you are saying you'll never need protection then. When it's your time, you'll just take the bullet or knife like a good guy, because hey, God apparently wants you dead.

Sigh.
......and show them your bible

Quick Reply: What .45 small handgun will fit behind the C7 nav screen?