Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone had door alignment issues?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 05:49 PM
DPC57
Pro

Received 323 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Anyone had door alignment issues?

I noticed a week or so ago that my driver door no longer aligned with the rear quarter, sitting about a 1/4" lower. It might not have annoyed me so much if I didn't notice it every time I looked in the mirror.

Goes to the dealer body shop next Tuesday for the day where they said it's likely no big deal to fix (under warranty).

This issue wasn't present when I bought the car in November. Anyone else run into this?
Old 02-19-2018, 05:52 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

My drivers door doesn't sit flush with the quarter panel. It's maybe 1/8" outward. I haven't looked into adjusting it yet.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:39 AM
Co-Vette
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I took museum delivery of my 2017 GS last May. Looked over the car but didn't notice until it was in my garage I heard a scraping noise when I opened the door - the bottom of my driver side door was scraping the top of the rocker panel under the hinge. Also noticed that the top of the door was slightly lower than the front fender and the rear quarter. Dealer sent it to their body shop where they raised the door, now have some clearance between the bottom of the door and the rocker. Body shop repaired and repainted the scraped area, which you would have to look for anyway. All done under warranty, and I'll add the only issue with the car for 9 months and 4K miles. Keeping an eye on it in case it goes out of alignment again, now that some are seeing door alignment issues well after delivery.

Last edited by Co-Vette; 02-20-2018 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:09 AM
Frosty
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 155 Posts

My doors are out of alignment. Front leading edge on one is narrower at top and wider at bottom. Other side is the opposite of this. As a result it is also not even with fenders. Not much clearance but is not hitting (yet)! 2018 built in November.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone had door alignment issues?

Quick Reply: Anyone had door alignment issues?