Auto memory recall not working - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto memory recall not working

Reply

 
 
 
Old 02-19-2018, 10:00 AM
  #1  
Toddiesel
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 280
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default Auto memory recall not working

Maybe this is answered somewhere, but i can't find it. It's probably buried under all the "how to set memory seat" posts/google results, since apparently this is a common issue. This is not however comma pause for effect my issue. I posted this question in another thread, but it might not be the best thread, so I figured I'd just start a new one.

My issue is that, while I know how to set memory seats and my fobs work for starting the car, they don't see to be associated to either # position for memory seats. The easy exit works. When I turn the car off and open the door, it goes to the exit position. When I turn the car on, it doesn't go to either set position as it should, it just stays exit position. I just traded a 2016 stingray for a 2016 Z06 and I had no issues in the stingray. Whenever I'd start the stingray, an info message would pop up and say "you are Driver 1 (or 2, if other fob) for memory position". I get no such message in the Z06, so I think that's the issue (and yes, I have auto memory recall enabled). Is there a way to set a WORKING fob to have a driver #? Does the car have to relearn the fobs or something?
Toddiesel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:24 AM
  #2  
Foosh
CF Senior Member
 
Foosh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Maryland/DC Metro
Posts: 14,020
Thanked 5,378 Times in 3,166 Posts
Default

It sounds like you've done everything properly. The only thing you don't discuss is how you're programming the seat memory positions and where the fob(s) are when you're doing it.

With one of the fobs in the car (and the other out of range) you should re-program the seat memory buttons.

Press the SET button quickly which should beep then hold down one of the two seat memory buttons which should beep twice. The fob in the car should learn that position, it should be saved, and automatically return that position when that fob is in the car and you press the start button. Label that fob the same number as the seat position number (1 or 2) you just programmed.

Seat exit position is programmed the same way--press SET then hold the exit button until it beeps twice. It must be slightly forward of the far rear position or the seat limit switch will interfere with operation.

Repeat with the other fob for the other seat memory position.

Last edited by Foosh; 02-19-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Foosh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:26 AM
  #3  
RonC7
CF Senior Member
 
RonC7's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2012
Location: St. Louis Metro East IL
Posts: 798
Thanked 158 Times in 125 Posts
Default

Here's a few thoughts:

- make sure the parking brake is engaged and your auto trans is in Park
- verify memory recall is set to At Ignition On
- memory setting - there has been confusion over whether to push the memory number button and then save button, or to push both together. I don't remember which method works for which model years - try both ways. You should get a beep when the settings are saved.

It is possible, but not likely that you don't have Fob #1 or #2. The car can be matched up to several fobs. If this is the case you would need to use the long procedure in the manual to make yours #1 and #2.

Here's the "help document:"

https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...tics-1299.html

Good Luck!

Ron
RonC7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:31 AM
  #4  
eboggs_jkvl
Tech Contributor
 
eboggs_jkvl's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2001
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 9,718
Thanked 813 Times in 462 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist
Default

He has the M7. Wasn't there an issue with them and the software?
eboggs_jkvl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:32 AM
  #5  
Toddiesel
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 280
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Foosh View Post
It sounds like you've done everything properly. The only thing you don't discuss is how you're programming the seat memory positions and where the fob(s) are when you're doing it.

With one of the fobs in the car (and the other out of range) you should re-program the seat memory buttons.

Press the SET button quickly which should beep then hold down one of the two seat memory buttons which should beep twice. The fob in the car should learn that position, it should be saved, and automatically return that position when that fob is in the car and you press the start button. Label that fob the same number as the seat position number (1 or 2) you just programmed.

Seat exit position is programmed the same way--press SET then hold the exit button until it beeps twice. It must be slightly forward of the far rear position or the seat limit switch will interfere with operation.

Repeat with the other fob for the other seat memory position.

You don't need to keep the fobs separate. I've programmed both buttons with just one fob in the car and whichever fob I have, it knows which one is 1 and which is 2. Which ever fob i got in the car with, it would say "You are Driver X for memory positions" Now this was in the stingray, but I have tried what you just suggested and it made no difference.

RonC7 might be on to something though. Maybe I don't have either fob 1 or 2, for some reason. They may be additional fobs and I have to reprogram.

Someone also suggested I may need a software upgrade. I do need the android auto update and I've scheduled that for tomorrow already so maybe that will fix it.

Last edited by Toddiesel; 02-19-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Toddiesel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:36 AM
  #6  
fourmat
CF Senior Member
 
fourmat's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 487
Thanked 116 Times in 85 Posts
Default

fourmat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:38 AM
  #7  
Toddiesel
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 280
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by fourmat View Post
Yes, I've seen that video. It is not talking about the same problem I'm having. Also it's not even the right way to program the buttons, but I did try it. No change.
Toddiesel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:45 AM
  #8  
Foosh
CF Senior Member
 
Foosh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Maryland/DC Metro
Posts: 14,020
Thanked 5,378 Times in 3,166 Posts
Default

OK, tried to help since no one was answering you, but failed. Sorry, and good luck.
Foosh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:54 AM
  #9  
Boiler_81
CF Senior Member
 
Boiler_81's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2002
Location: MI
Posts: 1,308
Thanked 309 Times in 233 Posts
Default

If you have a manual transmission, set the parking brake before getting out of the car. From past discussions on this forum, there appears to be two different software versions. One requires the brake to be set in order for the memory to work properly and the other does not. My 2016 manual transmission car does require the brake to be set.
Boiler_81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boiler_81 For This Useful Post:
jimmbbo (02-19-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 11:55 AM
  #10  
Foosh
CF Senior Member
 
Foosh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Maryland/DC Metro
Posts: 14,020
Thanked 5,378 Times in 3,166 Posts
Default

Good thought. I have an M7 and always set the parking brake.
Foosh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:02 PM
  #11  
Toddiesel
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 280
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Boiler_81 View Post
If you have a manual transmission, set the parking brake before getting out of the car. From past discussions on this forum, there appears to be two different software versions. One requires the brake to be set in order for the memory to work properly and the other does not. My 2016 manual transmission car does require the brake to be set.
I always set my ebrake. Who doesn't set their ebrake??
Toddiesel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:24 PM
  #12  
Foosh
CF Senior Member
 
Foosh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Maryland/DC Metro
Posts: 14,020
Thanked 5,378 Times in 3,166 Posts
Default

Just a tip for you, Diesel, if you're going to ask someone for help, snarky replies aren't going to get you very much.
Foosh is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foosh For This Useful Post:
madrob2020 (02-19-2018), WKM (02-19-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 12:56 PM
  #13  
Toddiesel
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 280
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Foosh View Post
Just a tip for you, Diesel, if you're going to ask someone for help, snarky replies aren't going to get you very much.
Wasn't trying to be snarky. Sorry if it came across that way. It's like you said, you ALWAYS set the ebrake in a manual. Just kinda surprised at the suggestion that anyone wouldn't set it

Last edited by Toddiesel; 02-19-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Toddiesel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:04 PM
  #14  
RonC7
CF Senior Member
 
RonC7's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2012
Location: St. Louis Metro East IL
Posts: 798
Thanked 158 Times in 125 Posts
Default

The software update PI1245 was for early / mid year 2014's to add At Ignition On as a choice for M7. Apparently this was made standard sometime after mid-April 2014 and is now standard.

Ron
RonC7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:10 PM
  #15  
Toddiesel
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 280
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RonC7 View Post
The software update PI1245 was for early / mid year 2014's to add At Ignition On as a choice for M7. Apparently this was made standard sometime after mid-April 2014 and is now standard.

Ron
Oh, so probably wouldn't fix my issue then. Guess I just need to reprogram the fobs. Poo. I'll still wait till after my software update tomorrow, just to see, but I'm not so hopeful now
Toddiesel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:23 PM
  #16  
Toddiesel
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 280
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Eh, curiosity got the better of me and I went to reprogram it. When I turned the key in the trunk 5 times, it said "ready for remote 5", so yeah, I have remotes 3 and 4 and do not have remotes 1 and 2. I guess I need to figure out how to reset it
Toddiesel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:44 PM
  #17  
RonC7
CF Senior Member
 
RonC7's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2012
Location: St. Louis Metro East IL
Posts: 798
Thanked 158 Times in 125 Posts
Default

Bummer, but there is a solution.

Look in your manual for this section:

Programming without a
Recognized Transmitter


This gives instructions and your FOBs will start with #1.

This will also make the car "forget" any other fobs.

Be patient and take your time.

Ron

Last edited by RonC7; 02-19-2018 at 01:46 PM. Reason: .
RonC7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:50 PM
  #18  
Toddiesel
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 280
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RonC7 View Post
Bummer, but there is a solution.

Look in your manual for this section:

Programming without a
Recognized Transmitter


This gives instructions and your FOBs will start with #1.

This will also make the car "forget" any other fobs.

Be patient and take your time.

Ron
Oh I didn't even know that was in the instruction manual. Was going off of eboggs' guide https://www.ls2.com/boggs/c7/C7RKEProgramming.pdf I'll check the manual too because I'm having some difficulty with it. Danke!
Toddiesel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:53 PM
  #19  
eboggs_jkvl
Tech Contributor
 
eboggs_jkvl's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2001
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 9,718
Thanked 813 Times in 462 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist
Default

If the manual is easier to use, go for it. There are many items in red, on the link, that are not in the manual's guide.

Elmer
eboggs_jkvl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:54 PM
  #20  
eboggs_jkvl
Tech Contributor
 
eboggs_jkvl's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2001
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 9,718
Thanked 813 Times in 462 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist
Default

Originally Posted by Toddiesel View Post
Eh, curiosity got the better of me and I went to reprogram it. When I turned the key in the trunk 5 times, it said "ready for remote 5", so yeah, I have remotes 3 and 4 and do not have remotes 1 and 2. I guess I need to figure out how to reset it
Yup, you now have the problem isolated. Do the long program and you'll be fine.
eboggs_jkvl is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Auto memory recall not working


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: