Sponsored by:

Where did you purchase your C7?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 09:05 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,720 Likes on 5,599 Posts
Default Where did you purchase your C7?

I’m fairly new to C7s. Was actually looking for another C3 back last spring when I stumbled upon the latest version of the Corvette. After a test drive I knew the Grand Sport convertible was for me and the exact color-combo and options I wanted. Then the search was on.

So in my case I was more interested in a particular C7 as opposed to purchasing it from a particular dealer or getting the best price. After contacting and/or visiting 4-5 dealerships in the eastern US I finally found just what I was looking for at Hare Chevrolet just outside of Indianapolis. I made the straight out deal (no trade/ no financing) over the phone then traveled to the dealership to inspect the car and completed the deal.

I have to say Hare salesman was very knowledgeable, professional and the transaction went very smooth and without issue. I could have purchased a ’17 GS Vert for less, however I got a true 11.5% off MSRP on exactly what I wanted so figure I did OK.

Lots of new C7 owners here along with you veteran, please share where you bought your C7 and your story if you like. And don’t forget, WE LOVE PHOTOS.

Thank you in advance for your interest and participation.

Last edited by Kevin A Jones; 02-21-2018 at 09:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
dpb (02-25-2018)

Popular Reply

02-22-2018, 12:29 PM
CADbrian
Melting Slicks

Received 356 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones
please share where you bought your C7 and your story if you like. And don’t forget, WE LOVE PHOTOS. Thank you in advance for your interest and participation.
Kevin, I purchased mine from Jim Clark Chevrolet Cadillac in Junction City, Kansas. In early 2017, my 8 year old Border Collie (Jax) was diagnosed with terminal malignant thyroid cancer, which necessitated many visits to K-State’s Veterinary Hospital. Such trips put me driving past Jim Clark Chevrolet Cadillac in Junction City anywhere from 2 to 4 times a day. I would have had to have been blind not to see the attractive silver C7 corvette parked out front. I must have driven past that corvette 30 times before I decided to inquire about it. It was an awesome car and an amazing value being that there was 500 miles on it and was subsequently priced as used. It was a silver 2015 with a beautiful 2-tone black/red 3LT interior. Spoke with Raphael and Willie Thornberg. The 3 of us spoke for a little bit but I either had to get back to K-State or get back to work so we cut our visit short but agreed that the next time we would go for a test drive.
Jax, after surgery and before chemo and radiation therapy.

About a month later, the day came for the “test drive”. I learned early in the test drive with Willie that he had been to a few different driving schools. He certainly knew his cars well and explained a lot about the technology this car possesses with the Selective Magnetic Ride Control and the car’s natural abilities. We went south of Junction City for our test drive to find a winding, quiet road, and it was on that road that I experienced (first hand in the passenger seat) some of the car's amazing capabilities, the way it gripped the road – a cold windy road at speeds and G forces that I thought were impossible. Impressed beyond words, I was sold. It wasn’t that I was sold on the looks of the car, which was of course amazing, but sold on the fact that I love over-engineered items with tons of intent. This car embodies tons of over-engineering and lots of hidden capacity. It was the car's capability that sold me, and to boot, Willie told me that he didn’t push the car even close to its limits! WOW.

Now that I was sold, I wanted the car. I wanted Corvette. So when we got back to the dealership I began comparing the Silver C7 with a brand new Torch Red (GKZ color code) 2016 C7. I liked the red exterior of the 2016 but preferred the gorgeous 2-tone black/red interior of the 2015, and I couldn’t make a decision. I left, frustrated with myself, but on the trip home I realized that problem wasn’t me. The problem was with my limited number of choices. In other words, if that dealership would have only had the silver 2015 I probably would have purchased it, but because I fell in love with the red paint of the 2016 there was a fork in the road that I couldn’t get beyond.

Over the course of a few weeks, I communicated with Raphael, trying to rule one of the 2 cars out because they were both attractive cars for their own respective attributes – 2015 more economically priced with a beautiful interior and the 2016 because it had never been parked outside and because of its gorgeous color. Yes, I was disappointed that the 2015 had been stored/parked outside and was never parked inside. It even got snowed on. Something about leaving such a car outside “ruined” the 2015 for me, and even though I had already put a sizable deposit toward the car I had decided that I no longer wanted the 2105. That left only one car – the red 2016. Did I want the 2016 with its comparatively less flashy interior? The red 2016 had some other features such as carbon fiber inserts on the hood and roof that even though they made the car more expensive those “more expensive” features made the car less desirable in my eyes. What about ordering a corvette with the features and attributes that I preferred?

To my surprise, I discovered that building a base model Corvette with a few of the upgrades that I wanted like upgraded wheels and the Selective Magnetic Ride Control put the cost of that base model nearly on par with that of its big brother – the Grand Sport. The Grand Sport was the middle child between the base model Stingray and the supercharged Supercar Z06. The Grand Sport has the more handsome wider body of the Z06 and many of its upgrades as standard features but without the supercharged motor of the Z06. It didn’t take me long to jump to the Grand Sport once I realized that a Stingray with the upgrades I wanted would have cost nearly as much as the more equipped and more capable Grand Sport.

With the Grand Sport now being the sensible choice, what did I want? From the perspective of having it behind me, and looking back on the entire process, I can do nothing more than laugh and shake my head in embarrassment because I changed my mind so many times, back and forth, from one extreme to another and then back. To any third party I must have looked like a kid in a candy shop saying, “Yes, I want this one for sure,” and then just days later saying, “Okay, this is what I want instead for sure,” which of course was not what I ended up with. It was mid April 2017 and with hundreds of revisions behind me I was finally ready but then realized that I was so far into the 2017 model year if I waited just a few more weeks I could order a 2018. That was my plan – to order a 2018 Grand Sport and hope that the options I wanted from the 2017 model year were still available in the 2018 model.

On April 24, 2017, I special ordered from Chevrolet the 2018 Grand Sport below, exactly what I wanted and how I wanted it.

April 26, 2017: a message from Willie: “The plant starts producing 2018’s the week of June 5th." I assumed that we could expect it to be built within the first month of production, which would put the Corvette here in early July. We will know more once the order is officially accepted.

April 28, 2017: I received an email from Willie stating that GM had accepted my order and had given me an order number of VHCSZV.

May 9, 2017: Got a text from Willie as I was bringing Jax home from K-State that said, “Good news today. Vette was officially accepted and placed in the build system.” With this step, we will have an estimated production date very soon. The new order number is VHHZX2.

May 12, 2017: I ordered a Photo Album of my car’s production.

May 15, 2017: Just received the following email from Willie: “Brian, great news, Tentative Production Week is June 5th! Talk about fast. It will be here in June at this rate.” My car’s production possibly begins today at the earliest and at the latest sometime this week because I got my order submitted just days after it was possible to submit 2018 orders.

June 5, 2017: Today was supposed to be Corvette’s first day of production of the 2018 models, so you can imagine my surprise when today I received an email from Lori Bieschke from the National Corvette Museum containing these pictures below. Holy crap; what a surprise. Initially I was told to expect delivery some time in July and then received an update from Willie saying probably some time in June and so naturally I thought going from July to June would just be mere semantics’ – what’s the real difference between early July and the end of June. I really didn’t think I’d actually see the car until the end of June and possibly into July when considering transport. I’m not sure how they got the car assembled and to this point so quickly but seeing these pictures leads me to think that I really may see the car delivered some time in June which is way ahead of schedule and my expectations.

Picture from Bowling Green.
Picture from Bowling Green.
Picture from Bowling Green.June 6, 2017: I received an email from Lori Bieschke from the National Corvette Museum with the VIN of my car: 1G1Y12D78J5100041.

June 9, 2017: I was speaking with NCM Insurance agency and learned some interesting things about my car… Production on the 2018 Corvette models may have begun earlier than anticipated (probably because of the pending production shutdown) and my car (as indicated by the VIN) is the 41st 2018 Corvette produced. Because of the number of Corvettes produced each day, my car’s production likely began on the very first day of production and will likely be en route by June 16th. Which means I’ll probably get to take possession of it the 3rd or 4th week of June. This is going a lot faster than I imagined.

June 9, 2017: Got an email from Willie Thornberg tonight after work with the following information: “Your baby was born June 5th, it is currently “bayed”. That means that it is parked waiting for a truck to load it up. It should be here next week!!” This is really starting to pick up speed!

June 21, 2017: Got a call from Willie this morning. He said the Corvette was loaded onto a Jack Cooper Transport truck yesterday afternoon and that it should be delivered to the dealership some time this afternoon or tomorrow morning! Willie called again to inform me the trucker is going to stop and stay the night in Kansas City tonight and will deliver the car tomorrow morning.

June 22, 2017: The Corvette stayed the night in Kansas City. My family and I left for Junction City first thing this morning hoping to arrive before the Corvette in case the transport driver got an early start. Willie told us the truck was presently in Lawrence KS dropping off a Corvette and was scheduled for a stop in Topeka KS (Ed Bozarth). My son and I thought it would be really cool to intercept (aka "stalk") the transport truck to take pictures and video of the truck en route to Jim Clark Chevrolet. On our way to Topeka to intercept the transport truck, I spotted a transport truck carrying a red Corvette and strongly suspected that was “the truck”. So we exited off the interstate and got back on to catch the truck. Sure enough, that was our Corvette. It was fun to ride along side the truck, waive at the driver (Will), and follow it to Jim Clark Chevrolet.
Here we are stalking the transport truck.
Just off the transport truck.
Here is Will, the transport driver.
Can you pick me out? I'm the one with the biggest smile!

That's my story.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:12 PM
saleen556
Le Mans Master

Received 2,202 Likes on 1,193 Posts

Nice looking convertible and a good deal. I searched Cars.com. Found what I was looking for at a few dealers. Ended up getting the best deal from Bill Kay Chevrolet in IL. Got nearly 13% off for a cash deal back in August. I haven't bought anything local in years as i seem to do better shopping out of OR.
Kevin A Jones (02-22-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 09:25 PM
Mako72
Melting Slicks

Received 695 Likes on 318 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2018 C3 of Year Finalist

Bought my '17 GS from MacMulkin

Last edited by Mako72; 02-21-2018 at 09:29 PM. Reason: pic
The following 2 users liked this post by Mako72:
MacMulkin (02-22-2018), Texas1 (02-21-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 09:26 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

I've bought three C7s now from Mike Furman at Criswell, a 2014 Z51, 2015 Z06, 2017 Z06, and I'm in the queue for a 2019 ZR1. Mike is great to work with, very knowledgeable, and the transaction is the smoothest I've ever experienced buying a car.

I hate wasting a bunch of time dealing with paperwork during the purchase process and the entire shop over there is like a well oiled machine to get you in and out quickly without any high pressure upsell for add-ons.
The following 2 users liked this post by Poor-sha:
Perf n Restore (02-22-2018), SouthOCBoy (02-22-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 09:36 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,929 Likes on 4,810 Posts

Bought my Corvette from Van Bortel Chevrolet in Macedon NY. Very fair price, very knowledgeable management and excellent service techs (2) who only work on your Corvette. Would not consider any other dealer.
My latest purchase 2019 Z06 Convertible awaiting delivery.
Name:  3470.jpeg
Views: 1247
Size:  250.4 KB
Texas1 (02-21-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 09:41 PM
Texas1
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

MacMulkin
-“#2” Corvette dealer in the country
-Smooth process, no hassels, no games
-They store their Vettes inside. Where does “#1” store theirs? Watch out for seagulls.....
-Shipped it to Houston and still vastly cheaper than local dealers
-Website prices are the real deal. Couldn’t be happier with the process.

Attached Images  
MacMulkin (02-22-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 09:57 PM
gunnerjuju
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Bought my 89 from a buddy, 05 from a forum member, 14 from MacMulkin and about to pick up my 17 from MacMulkin this Friday.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:22 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,753 Likes on 4,182 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Hendrick Chevrolet/Kansas City, Missouri
Old 02-21-2018, 10:27 PM
Inferno24
Racer

Received 311 Likes on 137 Posts

MacMulkin baby! The smoothest, easiest new car deal I have ever made in my life! Here it is on pickup day. I had to fly there to get it. One of the coolest flight/road trips I have ever taken.

MacMulkin (02-22-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 10:39 PM
vert99
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hendrick Chevrolet/ Merriam, Kansas Pick up AW 2018 GS vert on Monday the 26th of Feb.

Last edited by vert99; 02-21-2018 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:49 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

While looking for a garage queen ‘13 GS, I happened to come across what turned out to be my car at a Dwayne Lanes Chevrolet in Arlington, Washington, north of Seattle. When the dealer made me an offer comparable to the big East Coast dealers, I couldn’t refuse and now this beauty sits in my garage...

Last edited by ExRedRacer; 02-22-2018 at 01:13 AM.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:49 PM
Prray
Burning Brakes

Received 252 Likes on 184 Posts

Don Mealey Chevy in Clermont FL
Old 02-21-2018, 10:54 PM
06nine
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

I ordered mine through Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City. You’d be hard pressed to find a better dealership, imho.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:00 PM
wrecker3
Melting Slicks

Received 1,471 Likes on 742 Posts

I ordered my car from Barton Chevy in Newburgh NY A small dealer and the price i paid was in line at the time with 2 largest dealers

Old 02-21-2018, 11:10 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,117 Likes on 1,736 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

From a friend of mine that I graduated high school with who gave me just as good of a deal on a factory ordered Z06 as the top forum dealers! She is the owner of Marty's Chevrolet a NEW little over a year old dealership in Bourne, Massachusetts along with Marty's GMC Isuzu where I purchase my work vehicles since 1992. Thank you Christine again for that great deal on my factory ordered 2017 3LZ Z06 VERT!

Last edited by Always Red Dave; 02-21-2018 at 11:15 PM.
djnice (02-26-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 11:24 PM
Texas1
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Always Red Dave
From a friend of mine that I graduated high school with who gave me just as good of a deal on a factory ordered Z06 as the top forum dealers! She is the owner of Marty's Chevrolet a NEW little over a year old dealership in Bourne, Massachusetts along with Marty's GMC Isuzu where I purchase my work vehicles since 1992. Thank you Christine again for that great deal on my factory ordered 2017 3LZ Z06 VERT!

nice!
Old 02-22-2018, 12:03 AM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

Got my C6 in 2006 and my C7 from Ken Fichtner

Denny Menholt Chevrolet
3000 King Ave W, Billings MT 59102
kenfichtner@dennymenholt.com
406-672-5690 Cell Phone

great experiences both times.
Attached Images  

Last edited by AmmoVet; 02-22-2018 at 12:05 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Where did you purchase your C7?

Old 02-22-2018, 12:14 AM
Red Devil Z51
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

Default mine

Hendrick Chevrolet/Kansas City, Missouri
Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2018, 12:49 AM
jimmbbo
Melting Slicks

Received 950 Likes on 609 Posts

Almost DIDN'T get a C7...
Late last year I was looking to replace my '11 Mustang GT Premium with an '18 version with the new toys 'n' tech goodies... When I spec'd the car out, it was FIFTY GRAND!... Discussing it with a buddy who was also shopping for a 'stang, he said he was looking at '17 Vettes, since after the discounts and specials they were only a couple of grand more than the Mustang, for a vastly better car... I loved the lines of the C7, but never thought it would fit in the budget...
We both went to Hedrick's Chevrolet in Fresno and worked with Troy Meier who bent over backwards working with us (likely selling two 'vettes at year's end made his boss very happy - win-win-win ).

Old 02-22-2018, 01:02 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,144 Likes on 541 Posts

MacMulkin. All went as smooth as silk. Shipped to me by Plycar.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Where did you purchase your C7?