C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door doesn't open if the car is moving...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 07:26 PM
Frodo
Melting Slicks

Received 586 Likes on 266 Posts

Well, defaria, I guess you can look at "safety issue" as some kind of BS to justify something if that's your wish. Frankly I don't know since I wasn't included in the design meetings for some reason, but I'm cool with you thinking anything you want. I wouldn't discount the safety aspect though, considering our litigious society. After all, McDonalds got sued for selling hot coffee.

I'm glad you had fun with the rest of my post.

You know, it really doesn't matter. It is what it is and we owners have no control over it. This whole thread is a discovery and wonder session. And I've got something new to test out on my next drive.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:49 PM
TyBoo
Burning Brakes

Received 413 Likes on 241 Posts

OK that's enough arguing with defaria - you can't win anyway - I want to hear more about the Mannix rolling exit you mentioned.

I am pretty sure I watched most every episode of that show so it is something I should know about, but I cannot remember it other than perhaps vaguely. Steer me to a YouTube of it, anyone? Please. Thanks.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:59 PM
JGarland
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by TyBoo
OK that's enough arguing with defaria - you can't win anyway - I want to hear more about the Mannix rolling exit you mentioned.

I am pretty sure I watched most every episode of that show so it is something I should know about, but I cannot remember it other than perhaps vaguely. Steer me to a YouTube of it, anyone? Please. Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
TyBoo (02-28-2018)
Old 02-28-2018, 09:07 PM
TyBoo
Burning Brakes

Received 413 Likes on 241 Posts

Ok, thanks! I watched several clips on YouTube, including a different intro, and didn't find it.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:12 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 921 Likes on 614 Posts

Originally Posted by Frodo
Well, defaria, I guess you can look at "safety issue" as some kind of BS to justify something if that's your wish. Frankly I don't know since I wasn't included in the design meetings for some reason, but I'm cool with you thinking anything you want. I wouldn't discount the safety aspect though, considering our litigious society. After all, McDonalds got sued for selling hot coffee.

I'm glad you had fun with the rest of my post.

You know, it really doesn't matter. It is what it is and we owners have no control over it. This whole thread is a discovery and wonder session. And I've got something new to test out on my next drive.
Don't poke the militant libertarian.

Quick Reply: Door doesn't open if the car is moving...